Review Who's our Best Kick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yarran by the distance of that other universe, no one in our team has the vision and skill like he has, Gibbs would be second to Yarran, followed by Watson.

Don't you guys see how Yarran computes in his skull the distance and force of the kick? Before rocketing a pass 50 meters onto peoples chest.
Forgot Scotty?

Hoops was, but will he get into the senior side? Who goes out?

Yarran and Scotland pretty much line ball for me.......I'd still have Scotty just ahead.

Simpson has improved as has Murph and Russ, which given their years service is impressive. Not often people improve their disposal after their first few years IMO.

Am I allowed to say honourable mention to "Setanta" without being laughed off the board?

Very reliable in front of the sticks and some of his field kicking CAN be unbelievable.......of course he does the odd "Walker" .......the 90 degrees to the intended target kick from time to time........speaking of which......Walker isn't as much of a "Walker" anymore either.

Yarran, Scotland, Gibbs and Houlihan would be our best field kicks

Best set shot would either be Houlihan or Gibbs

o'hailpin best at set shots? Seems to nail them consistantly.
Walker and Waite (last year) are great set shots.

In his first year, Kreuzer was the "man who couldn't miss", but his set shots went backwards last year.

Judd's set shots are poor, but if he has to kick on his preferred or wrong foot under pressure, he'll nail it on the run. :cool:

Jordan Russell is a pretty good field kick, he rarely misses a target.
Other than that I would say Scotland, Yarran and from what I've seen at VFL level Matt Watson's kicking has been impressive.

Scotland would have to have one of the best if not the best non preferred kick in the AFL. Can't even tell the difference between his right and left!

I know everybody thinks walker is a really bad kick as well but according to the player his skills are amazing...

Scotland by so much, hes got a lovely technique... Even more so than yarran.
I want to see more of watson but i have seen a few and he looks brilliant.
I rate gibbs immensely but i just don't get how hes such a good kick considering his kicks tend to be a little loopier than others but still finds the target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell over 35m is awesome. Under though...

Hoops for set shots, absolutely beautiful strike and precision.

Gartlett for snaps and dribbling goals

Yarran for bullet passes

Scotland for dual-sidedness

Gibbs for all roundedness

That about sums it up

A shot outside 50 to seal the game - Gibbs or Houlihan
A shot inside 50 to seal the game - Garlett or Houlihan
Field kicking - Gibbs, Scotland
Clean pick up, burning off Chapman and slicing it through on the non-preferred - Judd
Calling players by their jumper numbers - knock it off!

I would actually back Garlett here (and Houlihan). Garlett is seriously underestimated from about 55 out. He even underestimates himself from this range. Can only ever remember him missing one from about this range.

To the OP, Houlihan is our best kick in any type of situation. Very closely followed by Scotland.

Yarran is a sublime user of the ball but in terms of a pure kick I think a few have forgotten just how sweetly Hoops strikes the pill.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back