• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Blicavs has been anointed inside the club. Could be as early as next year
I guess thats the Tom Harley type selection ...
but why not Danger. Why didnt he get a nom for the MVP ... perhaps not all are charmed by his outputs ..and someone like Blitz is seen as a guy who has really had to work at it. Be a heck of story if it occurs.

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
I was at a function where chris Scott spoke candidly with about half a dozen - and basically, Blicavs is a big personality. He’s liked, respected enormously, and is intelligent in both an everyday sense and a football sense. He’s a natural leader and seen as the heir apparent. Tom Stewart was also mentioned.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I was at a function where chris Scott spoke candidly with about half a dozen - and basically, Blicavs is a big personality. He’s liked, respected enormously, and is intelligent in both an everyday sense and a football sense. He’s a natural leader and seen as the heir apparent. Tom Stewart was also mentioned.
He ticks a lot of boxes then ... I do think the next Capt will not be a Selwood length more a Ling

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I would support who Chris Scott doesn't.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
George Horlin Smith has been earmarked as the next cats captain. Other genuine possibilities include Duncan and Guthrie. I don't know why Mitch Brown was included in the poll. He is struggling to get games, and hasn't established himself as a key cats player, even though he is quite young. Besides, I've heard that some people have some opinions that he should be delisted or traded.
Really? You really think so?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? You really think so?
You are quoting a 5-year old post

It may not have held up well all these years later but it doesn't make it wrong at the time of posting

I'm not sure what is more funny. All the ghs nominations, Guthrie nominations or mitch brown?
Mitch Brown - he never really had a run of things while at Geelong

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Danger should be captain next season.

Although that said if they make Danger captain it will be insufferable having to put up with all the absolute morons who squeal "too selfish to be a leader" any time he takes a shot on goal in general play next season. So in that self-preservationist sense I'm tempted to say Stewart. :p

Back