Prediction Who's our next captain?

Who's our next captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger should be made captain in 2020. Nothing against Joel, h's been a great Captain, but it's time for a change.
I never thought I'd see the day but I agree. I'd hope JS could get back to concentrating on just his footy so he can eke out another quality season or two

This should be Selwood’s final year as captain. I don’t think we can guarantee a place in the 22 every match next year. Maybe he’s been carrying injuries since round five, but he looks close to the end to me.

So, then it’s Dangerfield for me. Of all the players, he is the one who just does not give up on a win. His on-field “we can do this” attitude is inspiring.

Sure, he isn’t meat and potatoes- but this is 2019 and the guy is a polished media performer with obviously a good brain in his head.

After PFD’s time is up... of the current lot, I’d say Stewart. Not sure he is vocal, or commanding enough on the field- but he just exudes calm.

My vote goes to either Stewart or Blicavs.
Stewart: I think the team would follow him through fire, but I'm not sure he would actually want the job.
Blicavs: He is a good front man for the club, always gives everything. The captain doesn't always have to be the best player.
When you watch the game, the two of them already seem to share the on-field direction and "captaincy" of the defence, though Blicavs noticeably more than Stewart.

My vote goes to either Stewart or Blicavs.
Stewart: I think the team would follow him through fire, but I'm not sure he would actually want the job.
Blicavs: He is a good front man for the club, always gives everything. The captain doesn't always have to be the best player.

Perhaps, but sometimes that's how the best leaders are actually discovered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy to see Hawkins get the gig for a couple of seasons,he's been a great servant of the club and just deserves it in my book.
Don't disagree at all, but does he want it?

He chose to stand down from the leadership group last year and he's actually played really good football after making that decision. Maybe he's enjoying his football more without that added pressure - but agree he'd be a good captain,

Back