Opinion who's set for a big year? who needs a big year?

Remove this Banner Ad

You know more about Allir Allir than most of us is he a chance to make it?
Hewett i can see being offered a contract from another club
Johnson is being kept on the list as a good will by the club sadly i dont see how he will ever make it back :(:(
Naismith will surely get upgraded
Marsh will probably get delisted
Jack wont make it will get delisted

There are quite a few that they will let go before Hewett, who is being eagerly pursued by the Crows.

You know more about Allir Allir than most of us is he a chance to make it?
I knew a lot about him before he was drafted but I haven't been able to watch him in person in the NEAFL. Anything I say will be 2 years old. But he definitely has the athletic ability and some good attributes, he needed to improve his positioning and defensive work significantly. I'm sure they've been working on it.

You could throw half the team away if you based ur list management on the gf. The bloke got knocked out by mcevoy pretty early in the piece
Agree with that. Jetta wasn't the problem, he wasn't great but he wasn't the real issue. The real issue was that McEvoy knocked him out with a cheap shot, no free given for head high and not a single Swan went up and banged McEvoy in the face for it. That hit should have been the red rag that stirred the bull.

I was a bit off him last year as he floundered through a new defensive role but no issues with Jetta's game this year. The yardage he gives us is huge. His ability to bust out of packs is becoming Judd-like and his field kicking is sweeeeeeet. And the little f*&ker can stick a tackle. That's a big add on to the days when he would be rag dolled by one and all.

Mitchell. Needs to justify the hype, which I think he will. Hewett to get a few games., I'm still on his bandwagon, and Jones to usurp Shaw by seasons end.
Mitchell needs more leg speed, better kicking and contested marking or he'll end up a one trick pony. Tackles and handballs are easy meat for a pure inside mid. Horse is giving him a lot of rope but I'll wager there are a list of KPIs to be met by the end of season.

Mitchell needs more leg speed, better kicking and contested marking or he'll end up a one trick pony. Tackles and handballs are easy meat for a pure inside mid. Horse is giving him a lot of rope but I'll wager there are a list of KPIs to be met by the end of season.

Sarcasm? I have no doubt he's got a list of KPIs to meet, I'm sure every player on the list without exception does. But his leg speed actually isn't that bad, and he's not actually playing as an inside mid at the moment. Believe it or not, he's getting the vast majority of his touches in space. He's getting way more uncontested possessions than contested. He's absolutely gut running to make space, a part of his game which I'm pretty sure he would have been working on in the ressies. He's really not a one trick pony at all. He's already somewhat adjusted his kicking game, in that he's kicking far less than he used to, instead looking to hand it off to better kicks, or making sure when he does kick he's keeping it within his limits.

Bungee needs to lift, his criticism of Mitchell is either tired or a continued troll going no where, his Call for Bird to win the brownlow missed the mark and the love affair with Shaw continues to be baffling

Time zones appear to affect him too much, he may need shifting to the Hawks board to get his form back

Sarcasm? I have no doubt he's got a list of KPIs to meet, I'm sure every player on the list without exception does. But his leg speed actually isn't that bad, and he's not actually playing as an inside mid at the moment. Believe it or not, he's getting the vast majority of his touches in space. He's getting way more uncontested possessions than contested. He's absolutely gut running to make space, a part of his game which I'm pretty sure he would have been working on in the ressies. He's really not a one trick pony at all. He's already somewhat adjusted his kicking game, in that he's kicking far less than he used to, instead looking to hand it off to better kicks, or making sure when he does kick he's keeping it within his limits.

according to a few like old bunghole Mitchell would be outrun by a pensioner missing a leg, cant kick over a jam tin nor hit the broad side of the barn, can handball ok about 20 centre metres but anyone can do that, he gets tired and naps during games, he tackles like a newborn baby and is just being gifted games until the Brownlow boy is back

according to a few like old bunghole Mitchell would be outrun by a pensioner missing a leg, cant kick over a jam tin nor hit the broad side of the barn, can handball ok about 20 centre metres but anyone can do that, he gets tired and naps during games, he tackles like a newborn baby and is just being gifted games until the Brownlow boy is back
Your words, not mine SS. I think he's got real potential and Horse is giving him the opportunity to reach that potential.

I'm not being critical, just the shark of realism in your sea of love.

Your words, not mine SS. I think he's got real potential and Horse is giving him the opportunity to reach that potential.

I'm not being critical, just the shark of realism in your sea of love.

You cant see the forest for the trees me thinks

Harrison Marsh needs to pull something pretty serious out this year or he will be delisted.
Sam Naismith is into his 3rd year on the rookie list and either needs to show something worth an upgrade or pack his bags.
Xavier Richards has shown little but just got upgraded so I imagine he is contracted for 2016.
Tom Derickx needs to do something beyond cringeworthy interviews because he was routinely smashed when used in Pyke's absence and was also excluded from the NAB challenge side when Pyke, Nankervis and Naismith all played.
Sam Reid is basically Jarrad Waite - constantly talked up as Mr Potential but is inconsistent and is regularly injured. Doesn't need to show anything this year as will be retained regardless.

Who can have a big year?

Jeremy Laidler, one of our few players with good disposal, can establish himself as a lock in the defence.
Dane Rampe could get more time up the ground
Dean Towers, if he's up to it, has the opportunity to become a regular
Nailed pretty much everything, except for Naismith needing to show something - was given a 3 year contract regardless.

Marsh looks gone
Richards did little
Derickx has continued to do nothing beyond cringeworthy interviews
Waite played some excellent games, a few poor games, and had injuries
Laidler is a lock in the defence
Rampe had an excellent year
Towers seems to be establishing himself

Nailed pretty much everything, except for Naismith needing to show something - was given a 3 year contract regardless.

Marsh looks gone
Richards did little

Thank you nostradamus. Can i have this weeks lotter numbers too?

In all seriousness you did pretty well. Marsh hasnt been delisted yet. XR will probably get more game time next year. Rampe didnt really get a crack up the ground. Otherwise great stuff :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bungee needs to lift, his criticism of Mitchell is either tired or a continued troll going no where, his Call for Bird to win the brownlow missed the mark and the love affair with Shaw continues to be baffling

Time zones appear to affect him too much, he may need shifting to the Hawks board to get his form back

Hey i was pretty close too

Marsh looks gone
Richards did little

Marsh has been named in the Swans' NEAFL bests 11 times in 16 matches, including being named the Swans' best on 5 occasions. Surely he's earned another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back