Who's the fastest at the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm thinking of a distance like about 30 meters where you run and bounce 1 or 2 times.
Total guess work for me...

1. Saad
2. Colyer
3. Fantasia
4. Mckenna
5. Walla
6. Mcgrath

But i'd back Walla against anyone over the first 3 or 4 meters.

I'm thinking of a distance like about 30 meters where you run and bounce 1 or 2 times.

1. Saad
2. Colyer
3. Fantasia
4. Mckenna
5. Walla
6. Mcgrath

I think your order is pretty right. Saad would be number 1. Hard to split between 2 to 4. Tippa 5. I'm not sure McGrath would be 6 - it depends if you only count the AFL regulars or not (eg Long).

Tippa and McGrath are both better at agility than straight line running. Someone like Colyer is best running in a straight line.
Ultimately 1-5 is splitting hairs anyway, they are all really quick.

I think the distance is crucial in splitting this lot. 30m and in I reckon Walla may be higher on the list. As soon as we get to 50m and beyond McGrath shoots up I reckon.

PS McGrath needs a decent nickname

I think the distance is crucial in splitting this lot. 30m and in I reckon Walla may be higher on the list. As soon as we get to 50m and beyond McGrath shoots up I reckon.

Nothing wrong with Pigeon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Saad
2. Colyer
3. Fantasia
4. Mckenna
5. Walla
6. Mcgrath

That order changes significantly if you include the time to pick the ball up from the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe Watson was sprinting so fast last year that the human eye could not detect even detect he was moving. It almost looked like he was standing still at certain times. Now that he's gone I would say Saad.

McGrath is the fastest. Ran some superb 100's as a schoolboy.
I really dont think he is the fastest over those first 10 meters but i could easily be wrong. Mind you i don't think we've seen him use his pace as much as you would expect

I bloody well hope not..

Pigeon?

What makes a supurb schoolboy 100?

11? 11.1

Would need to be around that to be considered very good i reckon.

Sub 11.

To put it into context, Michael Long was always the quickest at the club before he did his knee...until Wanganeen beat him (Longy wasn't happy). Neither guy broke 11 - I think Wanganeen ran 11.1.

Sub 11.

To put it into context, Michael Long was always the quickest at the club before he did his knee...until Wanganeen beat him (Longy wasn't happy). Neither guy broke 11 - I think Wanganeen ran 11.1.

And Cupido would have been around that over 100 whilst at the club as well but they arent school boy times.

Edit; a mate of mine was an 11 flat runner in year 10/11 . I'd guess that as elite given he went on to run a 10:53 at the A.I.S aged 22 - the extra years make a difference.

I dont know what he ran as a kid in school but if it was 11 flat or less thats really getting down the track and he just doesnt look to cover the ground like that for mine. Can be very deceptive of course and he may have only ever gone at 3/4 pace in his first year as well to stay in the game fitness wise. If he's actually that fast he is going to be a ridiculously good player.

Last edited:
And Cupido would have been around that over 100 whilst at the club as well but they arent school boy times.

Edit; a mate of mine was an 11 flat runner in year 10/11 . I'd guess that as elite given he went on to run a 10:53 at the A.I.S aged 22 - the extra years make a difference.

I dont know what he ran as a kid in school but if it was 11 flat or less thats really getting down the track and he just doesnt look to cover the ground like that for mine. Can be very deceptive of course and he may have only ever gone at 3/4 pace in his first year as well to stay in the game fitness wise. If he's actually that fast he is going to be a ridiculously good player.

He was actually better at other events, particularly hurdles... but he has gone at least 10.95 for the 100 - thats just what I know of.

He was a very good high jumper & hurdler, i think he still holds APS records in the hurdles...and he went around 50-51 seconds for 400. That's probably even better in terms of AFL requirements.

Pretty explosive athlete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back