Who's the most improved player from last season?

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't pick someone from your own club

Yes it's early into Round 6, but from what we've seen thus far, who do you you think is the most improved player from last season?

Of course there's always going to be some conjecture as this can only be based on games you've seen, but for me it would have to be Scott Pendlebury.

That may create some "told you so" type comments from Pies supporters, but to me he hadn't shown much in the past. Flashes of skill; maybe.

Tonight however he was the dominant player in the first half. Went missing a little in the third and for the first part of the last, but tonight was not the only first rate performance from Pendlebury that I've seen so far this season.

So Scott, you've managed to change my opinion of you. Keep it up.

Who do others think have taken "the next step"?

It lasted a whole 0 posts before someone ignored the OP and picked from their own club.

Honestly :rolleyes:

Dal Santo, Shaun Higgins spring to mind

That's Blue baggers for you :eek:

It lasted a whole 0 posts before someone ignored the OP and picked from their own club.

Honestly :rolleyes:

Dal Santo, Shaun Higgins spring to mind

nice pick

Admittedly didn't catch that many Brisbane games last season, but have watched them a few times in 2009, Drummond looks very very good, he never seemed to stand out when i saw the lions last season.

Adelaide: Bernie Vince
Brisbane: Josh Drummond
Carlton: Marc Murphy
Collingwood: Harry O'Brien
Essendon: Jobe Watson
Fremantle: David Mundy
Geelong: Gary Ablett - Gone to another level. Freak.
Hawthorn: Gary Moss
Melbourne: Aaron Davey
North Melbourne: Lachie Hansen
Port Adelaide: Alipate Carlile
Richmond: Jack Riewoldt?
St.Kilda: Sam Gilbert
Sydney: Darren Jolly
West Coast: Adam Selwood
Western Bulldogs: Shaun Higgins

Admittedly didn't catch that many Brisbane games last season, but have watched them a few times in 2009, Drummond looks very very good, he never seemed to stand out when i saw the lions last season.

Yeah, he's one that Lions supporters have often said "he's good", without it showing too much. He did seem pretty good in the few games I've seen this year though

Sam Gilbert for mine,he has dominated down back.
Shaun Higgins,good mark great kick,has decent strongish body.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kosi, Dal Santo, Gilbert, Jones, Montagna, Gardiner and Ray from saints have all been big improvers which is why they have improved so much as a side

Winderlich from Essendon too has stepped up and if he stays injury free (big if with him) he can become a top player

Even though you said not players from your own club I will throw in Higgins and Hill as big improvers

Kosi, Dal Santo, Gilbert, Jones, Montagna, Gardiner and Ray from saints have all been big improvers which is why they have improved so much as a side

Winderlich from Essendon too has stepped up and if he stays injury free (big if with him) he can become a top player

Even though you said not players from your own club I will throw in Higgins and Hill as big improvers

Higgins I agree with
Hill I'll get back to you after Sunday :p

Here's another: Brett Stanton. Seems to have found his feet at the top level

North Melbourne: Hamish McIntosh
St.Kilda: Clinton Jones

North Melbourne: Hamish McIntosh
St.Kilda: Clinton Jones

Darren Jolly is the best ruck in the comp at the moment :thumbsu: