The Law Whose land are you occupying?

Remove this Banner Ad

You never hear any discussion or debate about what benefits Aboriginal people have received from colonisation.

Its presented as though Aboriginal people were living in a type of utopia before European arrival. Really?
But that assumes that all parties had choices at all times. That Indigenous people had a variety of occupation options.

Like, I could forcibly cut off someone’s legs and give them a million dollars cash. What do they have to complain about?

But that assumes that all parties had choices at all times. That Indigenous people had a variety of occupation options.

Like, I could forcibly cut off someone’s legs and give them a million dollars cash. What do they have to complain about?
A bit like today's Russians who yearn for the return of the good ol days when they had jobs under their soviet captors.

If there are so many passionate individuals that feel strongly about this, then why don't they lead the way and offer up their land (that's actually not theirs) to one of of the 28,000 homeless indigenous in this country?? Twitter and Bigfooty rants along with signs out the front of their Brunswick townhouse aren't really beneficial.

If there are so many passionate individuals that feel strongly about this, then why don't they lead the way and offer up their land (that's actually not theirs) to one of of the 28,000 homeless indigenous in this country?? Twitter and Bigfooty rants along with signs out the front of their Brunswick townhouse aren't really beneficial.
Acknowledgement is a step on the way to working out a way to make things better.

Agreed. Many have acknowledged it, and a lot are starting to. What's the next step?
Listen to those affected. Listen to people who know what is going on and what is needed in different indigenous regions.

You never hear any discussion or debate about what benefits Aboriginal people have received from colonisation.

Its presented as though Aboriginal people were living in a type of utopia before European arrival. Really?

W had someone just this year advocating a reboot of the stolen generation. You mean that kind of discussion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White australia is going to be much more open to admitting wrong if the indiginous people speak about the positives and negatives rather than just focusing on the negatives. It makes them look like sooks.

Listen to those affected. Listen to people who know what is going on and what is needed in different indigenous regions.
So what if we listen to the aforementioned people and they want their land back?

We've acknowledged we've stolen it and are unrightfully living on it, so I assume naturally the next step would be to actually address this glitch in history?

Serious question if you have guilt for living on stolen land, why don't you simply give it back? As I said, there are over 28,000 homeless indigenous people in this country; help out.

White australia is going to be much more open to admitting wrong if the indiginous people speak about the positives and negatives rather than just focusing on the negatives. It makes them look like sooks.
Yes, coat that pill with a little sugar. What would that be?

So what if we listen to the aforementioned people and they want their land back?

We've acknowledged we've stolen it and are unrightfully living on it, so I assume naturally the next step would be to actually address this glitch in history?

Serious question if you have guilt for living on stolen land, why don't you simply give it back? As I said, there are over 28,000 homeless indigenous people in this country; help out.
land should not be passed down bloodlines. this is quite a racist view of the world that you have.

Australians just like to whinge....never used too mind you, but in 2021 it's our favourite pastime! The whole week has me that annoyed at the lack of education and so frighteningly ignorant, i can only say "Where's the lamb sauce"!!

Last edited:
Jagera.

Appears to be an extremely difficult issue to get a grip on and it shouldn't be, 1st get an unambiguous list of needs from indigenous leaders and act on it.

Obviously vast tracts of land can not be vacated and "handed back".

Money does not seem to be a solution either, Billions has been spent in this area.

One thing I do not buy into is hereditary guilt or responsibility for 1788.

Yes, coat that pill with a little sugar. What would that be?
do you believe inheritence is justified? I dont. We should get rid of inheritance. No more rich people passing down their wealth to their kids. No more people of race claiming land is theres because of their race. This is what modern australia is supposed to be about.

we should all be born with nothing and anything we get is through our own work and Not the work of past people we are related to by blood.

anyone who thinks bloodlines is a justification for wealth transfer is a racist.

do you believe inheritence is justified? I dont. We should get rid of inheritance. No more rich people passing down their wealth to their kids. No more people of race claiming land is theres because of their race. This is what modern australia is supposed to be about.

we should all be born with nothing and anything we get is through our own work and Not the work of past people we are related to by blood.

anyone who thinks bloodlines is a justification for wealth transfer is a racist.
Cool. What are you doing with your assets when you die?

Cool. What are you doing with your assets when you die?
I hope by then we live in a world where they go back to the state. My kids would lose out on a inheritance but they would benefit from much lower taxes on their work. They would also be better supported from the state if they couldnt find a job or suffered health issues. Not to mention house and land prices would be much cheaper.

Jagera.

Appears to be an extremely difficult issue to get a grip on and it shouldn't be, 1st get an unambiguous list of needs from indigenous leaders and act on it.

Money does not seem to be a solution either, Billions has been spent in this area.

If you dont buy into hereditary guilt then why are you still buying into hereditary land transfer? The answer is very easy if you dont buy into either.

Jagera.

Oh i dont know, one bloke at one of these rally’s today wants a million dollars for each indigenous person in Australia... apparently thats gonna solve it.

Oh and no such thing as Australia day.... no explaination why he would be happy to take the dirty white mans money however.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back