Prediction Whose progress are you most excited to see kick on next year

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
Will Setterfield. In the next two to three years he had the potential to be a top 5 player on our list. His composure and ball use improved throughout the year. Hopefully he gets a good injury free run
This would greatly benefit our midfield/Wing...
he has put the ACL behnd him at this stage and could begin to become dominant...I dont think he would be as dominant as the BONT however already handy and should improve quite a bit...easily bst 22

:hearteyes:

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
This would greatly benefit our midfield/Wing...
he has put the ACL behnd him at this stage and could begin to become dominant...I dont think he would be as dominant as the BONT however already handy and should improve quite a bit...easily bst 22

:hearteyes:
I like him. Can find his own ball and uses it pretty well.
Needs to bulk up. Got rag dolled quite a few times this year.

HarryFlashman

Brigadier-General VC, KCB, KCIE, MOH
Oct 21, 2015
Where ever needed to save the day
AFL Club
Carlton
Williamson & Dow with Kennedy & Setters cameos.
If Williamson comes on, it will be truly scary to see him & Doc flying out and cutting teams to sheds from the back.
Dow breaking mid field lines could be hugely damaging & Kennedy/Setters growing will be awesome- they can both just football & u can never have to much of that.
I’m really looking forward to all the kids, I’m excited that when I look at the kids I see them winning contest constantly this coming season. I don’t care if they win it thru speed, smarts, gut running or just positioning - they all have different skills sets & I can see Teague getting them all to play to there strengths & executing

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
Williamson & Dow with Kennedy & Setters cameos.
If Williamson comes on, it will be truly scary to see him & Doc flying out and cutting teams to sheds from the back.
Dow breaking mid field lines could be hugely damaging & Kennedy/Setters growing will be awesome- they can both just football & u can never have to much of that.
I’m really looking forward to all the kids, I’m excited that when I look at the kids I see them winning contest constantly this coming season. I don’t care if they win it thru speed, smarts, gut running or just positioning - they all have different skills sets & I can see Teague getting them all to play to there strengths & executing
Big call on Willo
long time-outside change to collect 22 at any stage-lost lot of condition too-sorry for Willo
Dow-as we know from the posts on here-still needs a few yrs and a lot of work
Setters- has it
Kennedy-might be ok?....too slow in mids,a role forward[will spend time with northern]if possible

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Cuningham for mine. If he can stay injury free and get a big block of games, the rest of the comp will take notice of him as an up-and-coming player. Has the physical attributes to be a standout player.

Dow is the other. Kind of a forgone conclusion that Walsh will be a jet (even if he has an unexpected down year in 2020), but Dow still has some question marks about just how good he can be. Hope he can show us all something special.

Blues90

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Cuningham for mine. If he can stay injury free and get a big block of games, the rest of the comp will take notice of him as an up-and-coming player. Has the physical attributes to be a standout player.

Dow is the other. Kind of a forgone conclusion that Walsh will be a jet (even if he has an unexpected down year in 2020), but Dow still has some question marks about just how good he can be. Hope he can show us all something special.
Do yourself a favour and compare dows year to dangerfields at the same age ... youre welcome

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
1. SPS - should be about to blow up this kid. Has the skills just needs to afl easy endurance and body which is coming. 35 disposals in the game v dogs with 7 clearances says he’s capable of doing it. We will start to see this regularly very soon.

2. Stocker - 20 disposals and a goal in his first crack back after injury in the VFL is very handy for a first year player. 22 and 7 tackles v Collingwood the following week and he deserved a call up but only the held out emergency spot. Returned for 20 and then 25 in the final two games. He probably didn’t want the season to end. BIG season coming up particularly with docherty back and the hopeful inclusion of Martin creating heaps more competition for spots. He could easily not get a single game in 2020 but still show improvement.

I’m looking forward to the day when our VFL depth is so strong but can’t force a spot in the AFL side much like rich and Bris (in the NEAFL).

3. McGovern - I am one person that loves this bloke. He’s a superstar in the making. His games once he came back from “fat camp” were borderline A grade/elite. He’s got huge upside with longer injury free periods. A full pre season and he will kick 45–50 goals and allow others inside 50 to get one on ones. Him and Eddie will tear oppo defences a new one in 2020.

4. O’brien - His confidence is starting to grow and his spot on the wing is now going to be hotly contested between himself setterfield and Martin (*). His endurance will go to another level under AR and he’s getting into the 3-4 year bracket where players start to show off their strengths. Can’t wait to see that peg go to another level. Could he be the new WOOF.

5. Docherty - this bloke will change our backline even if he doesn’t get back to 100%. His brain has grown with the two years on the sidelines. And our players have learnt to go it alone without runners. He will be our Luke hodge for the next 5-6 years and it’ll be instantly noticeable in our setups and save us 1-2 goals a game easily. If he gets back to 100% much like Zac Williams did late last year look out.

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Excitement won’t be limited to just those 5, however. I’m excited about all these. If they all show their best footy that they’ve already demonstrated Atleast once previously then we are in for a very good period coming up.

Cuningham
Mckay
Curnow
Setterfield
Dow
Walsh
Docherty
Fisher
SPS
Martin*
Weitering
Cripps
Silvagni

Including the 5 above that’s 18 players to develop grow over the next 1-3 years. WOWEE.

Yubby

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Marchbank and Cunners as i'd really love to see their true capabilities when they are injury free and are able to find some consistent form. These 2 are such important pieces to the puzzle and have so much talent.

SPS goes into his 4th year and this is when i think he'll start to take a few more games by the scruff of the neck like he did against the dogs the first time we played them. He'll become a real point of difference for us if we can learn to play him in a way that maximises his strengths. I think now he's more comfortable with the competition and has found some aggression and intensity this year that is needed to round out his game.

Harry McKay really goes into his 3rd year of footy even though technically this will be his 5th on the list. Essentially missed 2 years with injuries so think he'll enjoy having a bit more freedom this year with the pressure off from having a stronger forward line around him and a focus on playing his role only. First half of the season leading for contested marks was only the start for this guy.

Setters and Stocker both only starting out their midfield careers offer something we don't have in out other midfielders so excite by seeing them grow and contribute more to the team.

Then Gibbons. Incredible first year for the club and already so consistent. Now i imagine he'll feel like he belongs and impress even more.

Sweet Seventeen

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Have to go with my avatar. Liam could win the Rising Star next year. Kicks equally as well off both pegs. Already has a mans body, just needs to increase his tank. Cunners is also a fave. Could be his time to have an injury free run and really unleash. Fish had an ordinary year i thought. Still love the kid, hopefully he can put on a bit of muscle. He really does need to. Big Harry could also have a break out season and kick 50 goals.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Damn, so many, it's too hard to pick just one. What we want is for a bunch of the 2nd-3rd year players to ramp it up a notch next season and for the "class of 2015" (Charlie, Jack, Weiters, Harry, Bam Bam, Cunners, Fish) to really take ownership of this team, so they can be the core of this side for the next decade.

From a sentimental perspective, I'd really love to see Jack have a break-out season and silence the doubters once and for all. Show that the Silvagni blood runs true!

Back