Prediction Whose progress are you most excited to see kick on next year

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
1. SPS - should be about to blow up this kid. Has the skills just needs to afl easy endurance and body which is coming. 35 disposals in the game v dogs with 7 clearances says he’s capable of doing it. We will start to see this regularly very soon.

2. Stocker - 20 disposals and a goal in his first crack back after injury in the VFL is very handy for a first year player. 22 and 7 tackles v Collingwood the following week and he deserved a call up but only the held out emergency spot. Returned for 20 and then 25 in the final two games. He probably didn’t want the season to end. BIG season coming up particularly with docherty back and the hopeful inclusion of Martin creating heaps more competition for spots. He could easily not get a single game in 2020 but still show improvement.

I’m looking forward to the day when our VFL depth is so strong but can’t force a spot in the AFL side much like rich and Bris (in the NEAFL).

3. McGovern - I am one person that loves this bloke. He’s a superstar in the making. His games once he came back from “fat camp” were borderline A grade/elite. He’s got huge upside with longer injury free periods. A full pre season and he will kick 45–50 goals and allow others inside 50 to get one on ones. Him and Eddie will tear oppo defences a new one in 2020.

4. O’brien - His confidence is starting to grow and his spot on the wing is now going to be hotly contested between himself setterfield and Martin (*). His endurance will go to another level under AR and he’s getting into the 3-4 year bracket where players start to show off their strengths. Can’t wait to see that peg go to another level. Could he be the new WOOF.

5. Docherty - this bloke will change our backline even if he doesn’t get back to 100%. His brain has grown with the two years on the sidelines. And our players have learnt to go it alone without runners. He will be our Luke hodge for the next 5-6 years and it’ll be instantly noticeable in our setups and save us 1-2 goals a game easily. If he gets back to 100% much like Zac Williams did late last year look out.
SAMO=yes.......he will end up caPTain at HBF
OBrein-great runner and like his workethic which can go a long way in the long run
Gov-yes his good
Doc-welcome back
Stocker-bit of mongrel ok...should be good
Setters-see him as a consistent player and they are valuable week in week out
Marchbank- should be good

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Going to have to say Charlie. Probably our most gifted player with the highest ceiling. Lets start seeing that on a more week to week basis.

A mid. Setterfield is the one I rkn. Going to step up in a big way.

Forward/mid - give me 22 games from Cuningham please. Huge upside if we get him fit.

C Curnow. He's at that point where he's going to burst out and dominate, but I do worry about his knee.

Hickory Docherty Doc for obvious reasons. He won't be the same after two knee recos, but his determination to get back there to whoop arse is great to see.

IMG_4222.JPG

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Setterfield and Stocker.

If these two turn out to be the players the club think they can be, they will help us rise up the ladder quicker than expected.

SETTERFIELD: The glimpses Setterfield showed of his immense talent last year were enormous. The kid has it all...poise, class, and a 'footballer' as opposed to an athlete. Needs to put on a bit more size and build up his tank which another full pre-season will go a long way to achieving.

Stocker will provide grunt and class to our midfield. Is hard at it, clean with the ball and has excellent skills. If he progresses in to our best 22 it will be because he is having an impact as an onballer, not as a hbf'r. Worked extra hard on his two weaknesses last year - his endurance and defensive side of his game.

Can't wait to see these two progress next year.

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
Can I say David Teague?

We improved so much in the 2nd half of the year, despite Teague being given the reins on the run.

What can he do with a full pre-season with this group? With time to actually plan and guide and teach?

What will he change? Can the players maintain their momentum? Will other teams be better to prepared to coach against him? What will our gamplan look like?

To me this is the biggest single opportunity for improvement at the club in 2020...

Once again, beaten. I was also going to say Teague as I think his performance is the most critical for us this year.

We can name lots of young guys who we hope will kick on big time but they won't all. Teague is the key.

I could also name any of those younger players but when it comes to the crunch it's Doc for me. We need this bloke to have an injury free year and help Cripps in on field leadership. With a natural leader in the middle and another down back our climb up the ladder is inevitable.

Blues_fest

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
1. SPS - should be about to blow up this kid. Has the skills just needs to afl easy endurance and body which is coming. 35 disposals in the game v dogs with 7 clearances says he’s capable of doing it. We will start to see this regularly very soon.

2. Stocker - 20 disposals and a goal in his first crack back after injury in the VFL is very handy for a first year player. 22 and 7 tackles v Collingwood the following week and he deserved a call up but only the held out emergency spot. Returned for 20 and then 25 in the final two games. He probably didn’t want the season to end. BIG season coming up particularly with docherty back and the hopeful inclusion of Martin creating heaps more competition for spots. He could easily not get a single game in 2020 but still show improvement.

I’m looking forward to the day when our VFL depth is so strong but can’t force a spot in the AFL side much like rich and Bris (in the NEAFL).

3. McGovern - I am one person that loves this bloke. He’s a superstar in the making. His games once he came back from “fat camp” were borderline A grade/elite. He’s got huge upside with longer injury free periods. A full pre season and he will kick 45–50 goals and allow others inside 50 to get one on ones. Him and Eddie will tear oppo defences a new one in 2020.

4. O’brien - His confidence is starting to grow and his spot on the wing is now going to be hotly contested between himself setterfield and Martin (*). His endurance will go to another level under AR and he’s getting into the 3-4 year bracket where players start to show off their strengths. Can’t wait to see that peg go to another level. Could he be the new WOOF.

5. Docherty - this bloke will change our backline even if he doesn’t get back to 100%. His brain has grown with the two years on the sidelines. And our players have learnt to go it alone without runners. He will be our Luke hodge for the next 5-6 years and it’ll be instantly noticeable in our setups and save us 1-2 goals a game easily. If he gets back to 100% much like Zac Williams did late last year look out.

Reading this gave me goosebumps. Well written mate. So much upside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had to larf.........

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
I could name the obvious, but all I want to see is:

1. Docherty, Williamson & Cuningham staying injury free and having a good run at it.
2. Owies banging down the door for a spot in our starting 22 as a small forward.
3. TDK to spend more time developing his ruck craft in both the 1's and 2's.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
images

A disappointing first season generally by MM by any measure, but he did look good after Teague read him the riot act and dropped him for weight reasons, to Mitch's credit he knuckled down and did the hard yakka with Andrew Russell, lost something like 15 kilos and did have a good end to the season. A fully fit and slim Gov could potentially be a prime Gunaton weapon for us, and let's be honest, who doesn't love that 'tache ?

We have yet to see Mitch M at his best, far from it, and quite frankly I am really excited and looking forward to it. A 40 -50 season is a possibility and he just seems like a real fun guy to have around the footy club anyway :)

Gobaggers2

Lets get excited for 2021!
Jan 10, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
images

A disappointing first season generally by MM by any measure, but he did look good after Teague read him the riot act and dropped him for weight reasons, to Mitch's credit he knuckled down and did the hard yakka with Andrew Russell, lost something like 15 kilos and did have a good end to the season. A fully fit and slim Gov could potentially be a prime Gunaton weapon for us, and let's be honest, who doesn't love that 'tache ?

We have yet to see Mitch M at his best, far from it, and quite frankly I am really excited and looking forward to it. A 40 -50 season is a possibility and he just seems like a real fun guy to have around the footy club anyway :)

Agree on the Gov. Think players like him will battle for spots this year. Heard from a couple of players that are now worried about spots. No more gifted games. All bodes well for our club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back