Why am I so bad at COD multiplayer? | BigFooty

Why am I so bad at COD multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by woota, May 12, 2018.

1. woota

woota Team Captain

West Coast
    My K/D ratio is terrible in deathmatch. On average I would score 1 kill for every 3 or 4 times I die. Can't understand this shit. Are all the players who still play this game (MW remastered) the die hards who are obsessed with it and have playing for years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. GeelongFTW

GeelongFTW Norm Smith Medallist

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Australian Cricket Team,
    Im also bad at cod/bf too but somehow im pretty good at Titanfall so yeah?:huh:

But playing against 'die hards' for MW remastered compared to a standard COD i think is a valid observation I think. For example the blokes on MCC/ Reach i find to be better (on average) than the ones on Halo 5 since the only ones playing the older halos are hardcore fanboy's like myself.:D

3. 00Stinger

00Stinger Duel Group 1 winner

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
    because there are heaps of guys that have played COD online for hours a day for years.

You cant catch up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. UnitedWarrior93

UnitedWarrior93 Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Man United, San Antonio Spurs
    Because if you play online casually, you’re always up against people who live and breath it and play all the time, it’s impossible to catch up to their level, unless you yourself are willing to pump many hours into it to get better, but I don’t think it’s worth it. Just a game that makes you rage!

5. Red Black and Blue

Red Black and Blue Brownlow Medallist

Essendon
    Other Teams:
    Everton, Storm, Victory
    I found there was a big change years ago in MW2 when headsets became really popular. I hate wearing them but they give such an advantage. My kill/death ratio went from about 3/1 to about 1/1 over the space of a year.

6. Summer Nights

Summer Nights Very stable genius

Essendon
    Other Teams:
    Celtics, Red Sox, Oilers
    There’s that, and also natural ability. Some people just have better reflexes and smarts.

Also internet connection/lag can be a massive factor.

Bob Cobb and Cager Macleod like this.
  7. Spirit Level

Spirit Level Campaigner

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    Dallas Cowboys
    Some people got it, some people dont

Bob Cobb likes this.
  8. Biggy_Boy

Biggy_Boy Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Internet is too good so you don't benefit from the lag comp. Try switching to Wi-Fi or running some torrents while playing.

9. nahnah

nahnah Brownlow Medallist

Collingwood
    Other Teams:
    Cavs, Browns, Man City
    you have to learn the map and how to flank. Well pre Blops 3 it was like that at least. God knows what it is like now.

10. woota

woota Team Captain

West Coast
    Ok so I've started using a headset and I'm closing the gap with my competition. My K/D ratio has improved to 1+ most of the time. It just takes a while to really become familiar with the maps. The other thing that really helps is using claymores and planting them strategically.

11. Stevi_Tigers

Stevi_Tigers Hall of Famer

Richmond
    Other Teams:
    Manchester United
    I’m in the same boat mostly average around 0.5/0.70 my reactions just aren’t good enough so I stick to domination and play the objective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. fpcookie

fpcookie Premiership Player

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Dallas Mavericks
    I would say it's poor hand-eye coordination and reflexes.

Bob Cobb likes this.
  13. woota

woota Team Captain

West Coast
    Probably not. Looking back, it's hardly surprising that I wasn't very good for a while - a rank newb to the CoD franchise like me, playing against seasoned players who have probably been playing for years. Knowing the maps inside out is the biggest factor - once you know them it becomes a lot easier...it just takes time. There's also the other obvious factor of leveling up and unlocking new weapons/attachments and perks. You gotta spend hours experimenting with different combinations of weapons, attachments and perks to figure out what works best for you and your style of play.

14. BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!! Hall of Famer

Essendon
    Play cod multiplayer a few times not for me i get killed the moment I respawn.

Remember playing against my mate on the PC he will some how climb on top of a building that's impsosible to climb and just camp and snipe campaigners also he was deadly accurate with getting headshots with a pistol.

I'm suprised people still play cod online when battle royale type games like PUBG,Fortnite ect are all the rage.

15. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Club Legend

Richmond
    Most Call of Duty games I played I tend to sit around the 1.2 K/D ratio. I started to get really frustrated with most of them because a lot of them started to have lag issues. Quite often I start firing at an enemy before he does and hit him with four bullets only for him to take me down with about bullets. Then watching the kill cam it shows the opposite. A lot of people say they really hate Ghosts, but I'm one of the few who really liked it. That is because I experienced very few lag issues on that game compared to others.

What I did, knowing I was put at a disadvantage in a head on 1 on 1 gun fight, was to play more strategically. I would either move as a group with the other players or try to predict where the enemy are and then flank them.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Gold Member and Summer Nights like this.
  16. woota

woota Team Captain

West Coast
    Holy chit, this is exactly what happens to me also. Couldn't figure out why this was happening or if I was imagining it. Now at least I know it's a real thing caused by lag.

17. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Club Legend

Richmond
    Pretty much. In simple terms you appear on the other players screen before he appears on yours. It may only be half a second deference, but that is enough to put you at a big disadvantage.

18. CraZdotcom

CraZdotcom Senior List

Richmond
    Other Teams:
    West Ham, Chicago Bulls, Cowboys
    for me its anticipation, knowing where and what the opponent is doing. Its trying to forward think and outsmart them. getting an understanding of the maps, where the hotspots are and directions of where they can get you from. Plus the ability to change your load out on the fly to combat what your opponents are doing.

FYI pretty average shooter player. usually KD sits at 1.2ish

19. Thomas2

Thomas2 Premium Gold

West Coast
    Don't rush. I am still guilty of this at times.

20. Faz 2000

Faz 2000 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other Teams:
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    I "retired" from COD some time back because I couldn't compete and stopped finding it fun. I concluded it was:

1. Poor reflexes
    2. Not enough time to play/learn maps
    3. Lousy internet speed
    4. General lack of talent

I love the idea of online shoot 'em ups, but the reality tends to get ruined by all the Red Bull-ed up little sh!ts in their mum's basement with no job to go to the next day. :p

If you still want to game, but can't do the fast twitch ones, there are probably plenty of other good options where tactics are more important than reflexes.

21. Baby Duck

Baby Duck Club Legend

Geelong
    Its all about knowing the maps thoroughly, having good reaction times and being able to predict where the enemy will come from.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

22. Baby Duck

Baby Duck Club Legend

Geelong
    Battlefield is better if you dont like the breakneck speed of cod
    Battlefield is better in quite a number of ways.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Viney likes this.