Why am I so bad at COD multiplayer?

Remove this Banner Ad

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
My K/D ratio is terrible in deathmatch. On average I would score 1 kill for every 3 or 4 times I die. Can't understand this s**t. Are all the players who still play this game (MW remastered) the die hards who are obsessed with it and have playing for years?

Im also bad at cod/bf too but somehow im pretty good at Titanfall so yeah?:huh:

But playing against 'die hards' for MW remastered compared to a standard COD i think is a valid observation I think. For example the blokes on MCC/ Reach i find to be better (on average) than the ones on Halo 5 since the only ones playing the older halos are hardcore fanboy's like myself.:D

Because if you play online casually, you’re always up against people who live and breath it and play all the time, it’s impossible to catch up to their level, unless you yourself are willing to pump many hours into it to get better, but I don’t think it’s worth it. Just a game that makes you rage!

Ok so I've started using a headset and I'm closing the gap with my competition. My K/D ratio has improved to 1+ most of the time. It just takes a while to really become familiar with the maps. The other thing that really helps is using claymores and planting them strategically.

I would say it's poor hand-eye coordination and reflexes.

Probably not. Looking back, it's hardly surprising that I wasn't very good for a while - a rank newb to the CoD franchise like me, playing against seasoned players who have probably been playing for years. Knowing the maps inside out is the biggest factor - once you know them it becomes a lot easier...it just takes time. There's also the other obvious factor of leveling up and unlocking new weapons/attachments and perks. You gotta spend hours experimenting with different combinations of weapons, attachments and perks to figure out what works best for you and your style of play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play cod multiplayer a few times not for me i get killed the moment I respawn.

Remember playing against my mate on the PC he will some how climb on top of a building that's impsosible to climb and just camp and snipe campaigners also he was deadly accurate with getting headshots with a pistol.

I'm suprised people still play cod online when battle royale type games like PUBG,Fortnite ect are all the rage.

Most Call of Duty games I played I tend to sit around the 1.2 K/D ratio. I started to get really frustrated with most of them because a lot of them started to have lag issues. Quite often I start firing at an enemy before he does and hit him with four bullets only for him to take me down with about bullets. Then watching the kill cam it shows the opposite. A lot of people say they really hate Ghosts, but I'm one of the few who really liked it. That is because I experienced very few lag issues on that game compared to others.

What I did, knowing I was put at a disadvantage in a head on 1 on 1 gun fight, was to play more strategically. I would either move as a group with the other players or try to predict where the enemy are and then flank them.

Last edited:
Most Call of Duty games I played I tend to sit around the 1.2 K/D ratio. I started to get really frustrated with most of them because a lot of them started to have lag issues. Quite often I start firing at an enemy before he does and hit him with four bullets only for him to take me down with about bullets. Then watching the kill cam it shows the opposite. A lot of people say they really hate Ghosts, but I'm one of the few who really liked it. That is because I experienced very few lag issues on that game compared to others.

Holy chit, this is exactly what happens to me also. Couldn't figure out why this was happening or if I was imagining it. Now at least I know it's a real thing caused by lag.

Holy chit, this is exactly what happens to me also. Couldn't figure out why this was happening or if I was imagining it. Now at least I know it's a real thing caused by lag.
Pretty much. In simple terms you appear on the other players screen before he appears on yours. It may only be half a second deference, but that is enough to put you at a big disadvantage.

for me its anticipation, knowing where and what the opponent is doing. Its trying to forward think and outsmart them. getting an understanding of the maps, where the hotspots are and directions of where they can get you from. Plus the ability to change your load out on the fly to combat what your opponents are doing.

FYI pretty average shooter player. usually KD sits at 1.2ish

I "retired" from COD some time back because I couldn't compete and stopped finding it fun. I concluded it was:

1. Poor reflexes
2. Not enough time to play/learn maps
3. Lousy internet speed
4. General lack of talent

I love the idea of online shoot 'em ups, but the reality tends to get ruined by all the Red Bull-ed up little sh!ts in their mum's basement with no job to go to the next day. :p

If you still want to game, but can't do the fast twitch ones, there are probably plenty of other good options where tactics are more important than reflexes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back