why are Port allowed interstate finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

I literally do not give a s***t.

Unless there is one ground, every year, in a location equidistant from the homes of every player on every list, with equal travel times to said ground for each game, with each team playing each other team an equal number of times each season, and the AFL ensuring that the umpires either wear earplugs, or an equal number of fans from either side attend each game and shout with equal volume, there is no way to get the competition equal for everyone, every year.

So who gives a s***t. There is nothing stopping the 22 guys who run on a field wearing a given uniform in any given game, from playing their best.

Sums the worth of your contribution

Not sure if this is your first year following footy, but the teams who finish 1st and 2nd get to host the qualifying finals at home.

Your suggestion that that right should be forfeited because some unexpected confluence of events has resulted in Victorian clubs experiencing one season of challenge (after a lifetime of systemic privilege) is laughable in the extreme. You should feel bad for transferring that thought to keyboard.

i can't believe i'm reading richmond and geelong supporters (with one fair minded exception) complain about home advantage. and richmond fans complaining about home finals for a team finishing higher than their opponent? seriously? as a saints fan this has been the fairest year we've had, and for once, if by some miracle we make the final, we, and many others, have at least had the pleasure of playing there a few times during the year.

You're a Richmond supporter FFS. How much self awareness do you need to lack to pick on other teams getting an unfair advantage in finals?

In 2017 you got a home qualifying final against Geelong despite them finishing above you. Then you got a grand final at your home ground despite your opponent finishing on top of the ladder and winning both finals.

In 2018 you played 6 of your last 7 games at home.

In 2019 you played 9 of your last 10 games at home.

Basically, shut the fu** up.

Yes, we played Geelong at a ground they play home games at. The same ground all finals in Vic are played at....but somehow it's only a problem when Richmond does it.

As for 6 of our last 7, and 9 of our last 10...what happened with the games before that, and how many of them had a genuine home ground advantage?

Richmond plays at the more neutral 'home' ground in the country, but so you can deflect from how you only sit in no1 spot on the ladder due to your HGA, you try to make it out like every game we play there we get the same advantage you get for your home games.

I literally do not give a s***t.

Unless there is one ground, every year, in a location equidistant from the homes of every player on every list, with equal travel times to said ground for each game, with each team playing each other team an equal number of times each season, and the AFL ensuring that the umpires either wear earplugs, or an equal number of fans from either side attend each game and shout with equal volume, there is no way to get the competition equal for everyone, every year.

So who gives a s***t. There is nothing stopping the 22 guys who run on a field wearing a given uniform in any given game, from playing their best.
That is a very poor argument based on 1 and 0 thinking. There are different degrees of equal. Its the degres that matter.

Yes, we played Geelong at a ground they play home games at. The same ground all finals in Vic are played at....but somehow it's only a problem when Richmond does it.

As for 6 of our last 7, and 9 of our last 10...what happened with the games before that, and how many of them had a genuine home ground advantage?

Richmond plays at the more neutral 'home' ground in the country, but so you can deflect from how you only sit in no1 spot on the ladder due to your HGA, you try to make it out like every game we play there we get the same advantage you get for your home games.
delusional. We get cheated in the home and away so you think its fine we get cheated in the finals as well. its not cheating if you do its lots of times.

delusional. We get cheated in the home and away so you think its fine we get cheated in the finals as well. its not cheating if you do its lots of times.

I am a longtime occasional reader, but rarely join in the fun.

I note you're a long time bigfooty contributor. Since the cats have played in many finals since 2007 in Victoria
and most, if not all at the MCG bar one at KP. Some against other MCG co-tenants. It should be easy for you
to provide your previous bigfooty contributions, where you vented about being "cheated" in the finals.

I eagerly await your examples.

I note you're a long time bigfooty contributor. Since the cats have played in many finals since 2007 in Victoria
and most, if not all at the MCG bar one at KP. Some against other MCG co-tenants. It should be easy for you
to provide your previous bigfooty contributions, where you vented about being "cheated" in the finals.

Yes very good point. A lot of posters are a bit too emotional to think straight sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) you dont have to complain everytime or even once for a complaint not be valid. The act of complaining is just voicing an observation of injustice. Its not a required determinant of whether injustice took place.

2) why do i have to waste my time doing that? If you want to see if ive complained before then please be my guest and go through my post history. There is like 40 thousand posts To go through. Ive probably voiced this complaint about 200-399 times. Good luck finding them.

Cheated?

You've played games in Melbourne for 50 years.

While the club might make noises for the masses, they're clearly happy with that situation because they've had plenty of opportunities to change that and never have. They recognise that Geelong is too small to support the club without that extra support from Melbourne, and let's face it, Geelong's finances need all the help they can get.

But that's the point everyone is saying, you use the word "neutral" like its really a thing. It's not.
Your ground is not "more neutral" than anything, it's like saying "we cheated but its more fair because we were all cheating together"?

Not sure if this is your first year following footy, but the teams who finish 1st and 2nd get to host the qualifying finals at home.

Your suggestion that that right should be forfeited because some unexpected confluence of events has resulted in Victorian clubs experiencing one season of challenge (after a lifetime of systemic privilege) is laughable in the extreme. You should feel bad for transferring that thought to keyboard.
Indeed.
Victorians who think that "this season is unfair" are kind of like people who look at handicapped parking spaces at Westfield and think "Why don't I get something like that? It's not fair!".

They don't care why it exists. They don't care that they get the whole damn parking lot. They're just made that there are 4 spaces in front of Woolies that aren't just for them.

But that's the point everyone is saying, you use the word "neutral" like its really a thing. It's not.
Your ground is not "more neutral" than anything, it's like saying "we cheated but its more fair because we were all cheating together"?

So a ground the visiting team is more familiar with isn't less of a disadvantage for them?

If that's so, why do clubs (particularly those that have a chance of making the GF) keep saying they want to play more games on the G?

So a ground the visiting team is more familiar with isn't less of a disadvantage for them?

If that's so, why do clubs (particularly those that have a chance of making the GF) keep saying they want to play more games on the G?
When rigging the grand final venue to suit the same half of the competition every year is the outcome, what do you think would happen?
Schedule the GF on Mars, and guess what? Everyone will want to play more games on Mars.

Cheated?

You've played games in Melbourne for 50 years.

While the club might make noises for the masses, they're clearly happy with that situation because they've had plenty of opportunities to change that and never have. They recognise that Geelong is too small to support the club without that extra support from Melbourne, and let's face it, Geelong's finances need all the help they can get.

Look I'm sure someone with even the most base understanding of Kardinia Park would have pointed this out to you by now but we get more money from getting 35k to a home game than we do for 'hosting' a bumper crowd at the MCG

And if we need all the help we can get, what does that say about the 13 clubs with less revenue than us last year, and the 12 with a lower profit.

DOES.
ANYONE.
CHECK.
FACTS.
ON.
THIS.
FORUM.
BEFORE.
POSTING.

Look I'm sure someone with even the most base understanding of Kardinia Park would have pointed this out to you by now but we get more money from getting 35k to a home game than we do for 'hosting' a bumper crowd at the MCG

And if we need all the help we can get, what does that say about the 13 clubs with less revenue than us last year, and the 12 with a lower profit.

DOES.
ANYONE.
CHECK.
FACTS.
ON.
THIS.
FORUM.
BEFORE.
POSTING.

After 20+ years as one of the more successful clubs in the game (on field), your club is only solvent because of massive gifts from the government into your ground (well, the ground you lease, but you record it as an asset anyway).

Face it, you're as much a charity case as the poorest clubs, you just get your fix from other sources.

Last edited:
After 20+ years as one of the more successful clubs in the game, your club is only solvent because of massive gifts from the government into your ground (well, the ground you lease, but you record it as an asset anyway).

Face it, you're as much a charity case as the poorest clubs, you just get your fix from other sources.

Oh ok well it's nice to know we've survived longer than any other club in existence aside from Melbourne purely on charity and without the games that lose us money in Melbourne we'd somehow be worse off and non-existent.

moar melbun gayms pleez ser

Oh ok well it's nice to know we've survived longer than any other club in existence aside from Melbourne purely on charity and without the games that lose us money in Melbourne we'd somehow be worse off and non-existent.

moar melbun gayms pleez ser

Yes, for a long time that was the mantra of your club.

You wanted to play in Melbourne, and clearly still do, because ultimately, those games make you more money (exposure, sponsors, more members).

You make more money from games in Geelong, because you don't have to pay the cost of the ground down there due to the charity from the AFL and government.

At any time your club could have said they wanted a condition of the ground expansion to include 11 games (minimum game conditions are in place for many grounds after all)...but they never did that, did they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back