Opinion Why are the interstate teams so bad? How do we fix them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Out of the last 15 years only two non Victorian teams have won the premiership

Why are the Melbourne based teams so much more dominant?

How do we help/fix the interstate teams?

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Interstate teams coast through the season on home ground advantage only to get found out when it matters.

Nothing to do with where the grand final is played, which I’m sure is what this thread will turn into. It’s an easy excuse.
you have reamed freo twice this season. And make it a 3rd time when you get cerra for next to nothing lol

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Maybe the better interstate teams should siphon nonfinals players on loan. Brisbane with JJK & Darling 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
We need an official enquiry and equalisation measures. No one wants to watch Victorian clubs win flags on rotation because of inherent advantages
Do we need an enquiry on why the Eagles have made the most finals appearances of all clubs the past 35 years?

West Coast could rotate with the other interstate clubs?

wedgetail

All Australian
Dec 18, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Do we need an enquiry on why the Eagles have made the most finals appearances of all clubs the past 35 years?

West Coast could rotate with the other interstate clubs?
There already was one. You made us cut our off field spend in half and pay tax on overspend so you guys could keep up. Seems to have hobbled us perfectly. I look forward to the outcome of the study why Victorian clubs seem to be winning the flag on repeat.

Might be something to do with having 10 bites at the cherry but call me cynical.

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
There already was one. You made us cut our off field spend in half and pay tax on overspend so you guys could keep up. Seems to have hobbled us perfectly. I look forward to the outcome of the study why Victorian clubs seem to be winning the flag on repeat.

Might be something to do with having 10 bites at the cherry but call me cynical.
10 bites lol. People follow one club. Go tell saint and Carlton supporters how lucky they are and the disadvantage that West Coast get with as they spend the same off field as every other club

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why'd you use that stat? Stop the year after a 6 year streak of non-vic sides winning the premiership? I guess 8 of 20 was too proportional to the number of vic vs. non vic sides in the comp?
So what has changed between those years and the last 15? Why in the last 15 years only two have won

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad