Opinion Why are the interstate teams so bad? How do we fix them?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Interstate teams coast through the season on home ground advantage only to get found out when it matters.

Nothing to do with where the grand final is played, which I’m sure is what this thread will turn into. It’s an easy excuse.
you have reamed freo twice this season. And make it a 3rd time when you get cerra for next to nothing lol

We need an official enquiry and equalisation measures. No one wants to watch Victorian clubs win flags on rotation because of inherent advantages
Do we need an enquiry on why the Eagles have made the most finals appearances of all clubs the past 35 years?

West Coast could rotate with the other interstate clubs?

I think there definitely needs to be an enquiry.. it most likely is the fixture and the increased travel but something needs to be done
Need an enquiry why Port couldn’t get it done lmao 🤣

wedgetail

All Australian
Dec 18, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Do we need an enquiry on why the Eagles have made the most finals appearances of all clubs the past 35 years?

West Coast could rotate with the other interstate clubs?
There already was one. You made us cut our off field spend in half and pay tax on overspend so you guys could keep up. Seems to have hobbled us perfectly. I look forward to the outcome of the study why Victorian clubs seem to be winning the flag on repeat.

Might be something to do with having 10 bites at the cherry but call me cynical.

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
Out of the last 15 years only two non Victorian teams have won the premiership

Why'd you use that stat? Stop the year after a 6 year streak of non-vic sides winning the premiership? I guess 8 of 20 was too proportional to the number of vic vs. non vic sides in the comp?

There already was one. You made us cut our off field spend in half and pay tax on overspend so you guys could keep up. Seems to have hobbled us perfectly. I look forward to the outcome of the study why Victorian clubs seem to be winning the flag on repeat.

Might be something to do with having 10 bites at the cherry but call me cynical.
10 bites lol. People follow one club. Go tell saint and Carlton supporters how lucky they are and the disadvantage that West Coast get with as they spend the same off field as every other club

Back