Senior List
Apr 5, 2005
some where else
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
aussies, bushrangers
That's it. :mad:
Ever since I started following footy I've had no idea why every single ********ing person who follows football despises Collingwood.
Why?What have we done to deserve such abuse. What is at Pieland that makes you people think we are unworthy of being treated fairly and with respect. Is it the players? The supporters? It can't be Eddie because we've been hated a long time before he rocked up.
I need a reason. Collingwood needs a reason.
The best 3 reasons I have been given are:
1)Cause I just do
2)Everyone else does
3)Because it's Collingwood
Have we ********ed you off personally or did you just see everyone else bagging us and decided to be a soft-******** follower and jump on the anti-Collingwood bandwagon.
Carlton and Essedon are one thing that's a rivalry. But the others if there is no other reason we'll have to assume it's jealousy. Jealousy for our on and off field success.
Prove me wrong.
I want a reason. Not just they're "********ers" or "tools', fact.
If you can give me that I'll shut up and ******** off.
But if you can't, think twice the next time you go and tag along and give the black and white unwarranted abuse we probably do not deserve.
Most of you will probably call me a sook and say to get over it but think if your team was given this treatment.
I'm sick of always having to defend the team I so passionately support.
********ing sick to death.

There's not much worse than having other clubs' fans actually like you. It all sort of seems like sympathy, contempt, pity.

Be thankful you're hated.

I guess cause all the Pies fans I've met on these boards have been really noxious. That and Collongwood are always going after other clubs best players - i.e. J. Brown, and possibly soon Dal Santo.

footyfreak said:
I dont normally get that fired up but please that post above was the most pathetic post i've read and as you can see, hit a nerve :)

I understand... really did sound like a muppet\puppet :D

One of My Collingwood friends asked me that question

I asked him why he hated Port Adelaide so much (Being a SA version of the Pies)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footyfreak said:
You total fcku wit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are plenty of good collingwood posters on here , bad ones too, same as any club. And the comment about going after other teams players, well you are a total f....ing loser saying that. Every club does the same you total moron. You are a total media f...ing puppet

And you just proved my point.

You are all completely feral.

You're hated for the same reason most supporters are indifferent towards teams such as Saints and Dogs .... success, support, wealth

How old are you may I ask? If you are young, as I presume, I guess it's a fair enough question because Collingwood haven't had a lot of success in recent years. But there are reasons why Carlton, Essendon and especially Collingwood have been traditionally hated by each other and the rest of the opposition and that is because the dominance they've had in the competition for over 100 years ... and yes, to get in before some St Kilda fool with his erection in his hand, we are all going woefully at the moment

Despite what people may think, footy was a round a long time before bigfooty

Big Slick said:
How old are you may I ask? If you are young, as I presume, I guess it's a fair enough question because Collingwood haven't had a lot of success in recent years. But there are reasons why Carlton, Essendon and especially Collingwood have been traditionally hated by each other and the rest of the opposition and that is because the dominance they've had in the competition for over 100 years ...
I'm 17 and basically I was right in my belief....jealousy :cool:

Bellablaise said:
I guess cause all the Pies fans I've met on these boards have been really noxious. That and Collongwood are always going after other clubs best players - i.e. J. Brown, and possibly soon Dal Santo.

Every club would have gone for Brown and every club will have a crack at Dal Santo. You'll only here about Collingwood because that is what will eventually get any given players manager a better pay rise at the club they are at.

Been through this a thousand times. There is a salary cap and every other club has the same potential to poach players as we do. We are made out to be the rich poacher like Arsenal and Man U but the reality is these deals never go through, and never really seriously look like happening.

Why I hate Collingwood.

It all started a long time ago, When I was young and new to this country. I was maybe 5, along came this Angry Magpie, it swooped me and swooped me again. I wqas scared. I ran and hid. But it still swooped.
A few months later I I fell in love with Aussie rules and found out that a side was named after those evil birds.

Buts that not why I hate them. It's because they are craapp.

diehard pie said:
That's it. :mad:
Ever since I started following footy I've had no idea why every single ********ing person who follows football despises Collingwood.
Why?What have we done to deserve such abuse. What is at Pieland that makes you people think we are unworthy of being treated fairly and with respect. Is it the players? The supporters? It can't be Eddie because we've been hated a long time before he rocked up.
I need a reason. Collingwood needs a reason.
The best 3 reasons I have been given are:
1)Cause I just do
2)Everyone else does
3)Because it's Collingwood
Have we ********ed you off personally or did you just see everyone else bagging us and decided to be a soft-******** follower and jump on the anti-Collingwood bandwagon.
Carlton and Essedon are one thing that's a rivalry. But the others if there is no other reason we'll have to assume it's jealousy. Jealousy for our on and off field success.
Prove me wrong.
I want a reason. Not just they're "********ers" or "tools', fact.
If you can give me that I'll shut up and ******** off.
But if you can't, think twice the next time you go and tag along and give the black and white unwarranted abuse we probably do not deserve.
Most of you will probably call me a sook and say to get over it but think if your team was given this treatment.
I'm sick of always having to defend the team I so passionately support.
********ing sick to death.
'

Let's dissect this post bit-by-bit.

1. People hate Collingwood because it's the way they comport themselves. Same with Carlton and Essendon (and you don't see me fly off the handle about it.) Or, take sports up here in the States. The New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys are two perfect example. Why do people hate them? Why do people hate Jeff Gordon? Tiger Woods?

2. I personally am indifferent about the Magpies. I don't start moronic threads unlike others. You are right, people need to get over it. There are way more important things in life to worry about.

3. If you let things like what others say about your club bother you, then you have problems.

I don't know but I support Hawthorn because they represent a decent culture, have not so good colours which means they are not fashionable and therefore it is their playing ability which I aspire to support.

Collingwood are like newspapers.... black and white.... can be thrown out each day and have a lot of crap on them without being read.

Bellablaise said:
And you just proved my point.

You are all completely feral.

If you noticed my post just below that one i stated i don't normally get that fired up. Just to show you i'm not feral, i apologise for my bad language. It wasn't called for, your pathetic post just hit a nerve and i typed away before thinking. Again, sorry for the language. And seriously, do i have to pull examples of saints supporters using exactly the same type of language? I have seen stacks of stuff written on here that is total BS but that comment about Collingwood going for all the best players, and thats why we are hated was quite possibly the worst most ignorant thing i have seen on BF.

It's called COLLIPHOBIA and it is a reasonable fear - we've always been here, always will be.

Can anyone else see the irony in the majority of people whinging (on this thread) about pies fan's behaviour being either saints or tigers fans?
Just goes to show that most footy fans can't see past their own noses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back