Why are the pies hated so much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well in keeping with current goings on. It seems Collingwood are the evil dark siths of the AFL. Except we have temorarily misplaced the instructions on how to use the force (correction we stumble across it only every now and then). And Eddie is Chancelor Palpetine. Wearing two hats and working behind the scenes to bring the AFL crashing down so he can rule it all for himself. Yoda would be anyone we play in a GF. Coming in at the last minute to ensure the destruction of the evil empire. Yep i can see the similarities.

p.s. I'm no star wars junkie, was more interested to see how long i could draw this analogy out. Im sure others will be able to expand on it

You guys are so full of yourselves.Being a Pies person we are hated so much because we are the BIGGEST club in the land,Without collingwood there is no AFL.
We are not like all the interstate clubs who are 2 team towns.Big fish in small ponds. Or clubs who need hand outs to survive

And oh yes when we do win flags we love to rub it in to all supporters of other clubs because its soooooooo sweeet.

Pies premiers 2020....lets revist this then.

You guys are so full of yourselves.Being a Pies person we are hated so much because we are the BIGGEST club in the land,Without collingwood there is no AFL.
We are not like all the interstate clubs who are 2 team towns.Big fish in small ponds. Or clubs who need hand outs to survive

And oh yes when we do win flags we love to rub it in to all supporters of other clubs because its soooooooo sweeet.

Did you attend the pies 2019 premiership celebration event too?

CE60440E-B40E-46E9-842A-600DD8DB012F.png

That's it. :mad:
Ever since I started following footy I've had no idea why every single ********ing person who follows football despises Richmond.
Why?What have we done to deserve such abuse. What is at Tigerland that makes you people think we are unworthy of being treated fairly and with respect. Is it the players? The supporters? It can't be Peggy & Gale because we've been hated a long time before they rocked up.
I need a reason. Richmond deserves a reason.
The best 4 reasons I have been given are:
1)Cause I just do
2)Everyone else does
3)Because it's supporters are jerks?
4)Because Richmond now make you feel like the team you support is a bunch of losers
Have we ********ed you off personally or did you just see everyone else bagging us and decided to be a soft-******** follower and jump on the anti-Richmond bandwagon.
Carlton and Collingwood are one thing that's a rivalry. But the others if there is no other reason we'll have to assume it's jealousy. Jealousy for our on and off field success.
Prove me wrong.
I want a reason. Not just they're "********ers" or "tools', fact.
If you can give me that I'll shut up and ******** off.
But if you can't, think twice the next time you go and tag along and give the yellow and black unwarranted abuse we probably do not deserve.
Most of you will probably call me a sook and say to get over it but think if your team was given this treatment.
I'm sick of always having to defend the team I so passionately support.
********ing sick to death.

:mad::mad::mad:

:moustache:

Last edited:
Why does this s**t get bumped all the time? Read the time stamp from the last post before you get sucked into a debate with someone from 14 years ago.

Having said that, the reason Collingwood is the most hated club is because they're the biggest club. Simple as that. It's the same reason Americans hate the Dallas Cowboys. Has nothing to do with being successful or unsuccessful because people still hated Collingwood even throughout the luckless 70's and 80's.

Close thread.

Why does this s**t get bumped all the time? Read the time stamp from the last post before you get sucked into a debate with someone from 14 years ago.

Having said that, the reason Collingwood is the most hated club is because they're the biggest club. Simple as that. It's the same reason Americans hate the Dallas Cowboys. Has nothing to do with being successful or unsuccessful because people still hated Collingwood even throughout the luckless 70's and 80's.

Close thread.
Damn. 13 years, 364 days, 23 hours and 51 minutes to go :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood are nowhere near as hated as they used to be in previous years. I and many others have warmed up to Collingwood over the years. I think Buckley has done a terrific job of repairing the image of the club.

I dunno about that, I hated them pretty hard in September 2018 :mad:

:laughing:

Why are Sydneysiders so offended by him? Like other clubs might raise him as a minor annoyance but Sydney supporters seem to have a real bugbear.
Have you seen The Final Quarter?
Apologies if this was sarcasm from you, I haven't read the whole thread.
Not growing up in VFL heartland I don't have the in-built Collingwood thing. And from my experience Collingwood posters are among the most reasoned and objective on Bigfooty. So I'll let your comments McGuire and Swans supporters slide.

Without collingwood there is no AFL.

Pffft. That is just rubbish!

FFS the game is bigger than Collingwood, always has been and always will be! It's people like you who give Collingwood supporters a bad name with this sort of garbage.

As big as Collingwood is the loss of Collingwood would never ever ever spell the end of the AFL - a big dent maybe but the AFL will never ever ever die off if just because no Collingwood.

That's it. :mad:
Ever since I started following footy I've had no idea why every single ********ing person who follows football despises Richmond.
Why?What have we done to deserve such abuse. What is at Tigerland that makes you people think we are unworthy of being treated fairly and with respect. Is it the players? The supporters? It can't be Peggy & Gale because we've been hated a long time before they rocked up.
I need a reason. Richmond deserves a reason.
The best 4 reasons I have been given are:
1)Cause I just do
2)Everyone else does
3)Because it's supporters are jerks?
4)Because Richmond now make you feel like the team you support is a bunch of losers
Have we ********ed you off personally or did you just see everyone else bagging us and decided to be a soft-******** follower and jump on the anti-Richmond bandwagon.
Carlton and Collingwood are one thing that's a rivalry. But the others if there is no other reason we'll have to assume it's jealousy. Jealousy for our on and off field success.
Prove me wrong.
I want a reason. Not just they're "********ers" or "tools', fact.
If you can give me that I'll shut up and ******** off.
But if you can't, think twice the next time you go and tag along and give the yellow and black unwarranted abuse we probably do not deserve.
Most of you will probably call me a sook and say to get over it but think if your team was given this treatment.
I'm sick of always having to defend the team I so passionately support.
********ing sick to death.

:mad::mad::mad:

:moustache:

Uh let me give you an epiphany, it's not the club that's hated. It's the phukwit fans.

After nearly 4 decades in the wilderness the tig fans come out and gloat like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you get over yourselves it'll go along way to Richmond being a liked club again - zero to do with the clubs performance.

Did not see the dogs fans gloating like tigs have been, or hawks, cats, swans. i won't even mention WC because they were the most gracious winning supporter base of the whole lot.

Not even Pies fans gloated like your lot after 2010. Yet Collingwood is arguably is STILL more hated than your mob (and the whole comp) and arguably not because of our fans.

Uh let me give you an epiphany, it's not the club that's hated. It's the phukwit fans.

After nearly 4 decades in the wilderness the tig fans come out and gloat like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you get over yourselves it'll go along way to Richmond being a liked club again - zero to do with the clubs performance.

Did not see the dogs fans gloating like tigs have been, or hawks, cats, swans. i won't even mention WC because they were the most gracious winning supporter base of the whole lot.

Not even Pies fans gloated like your lot after 2010. Yet Collingwood is arguably is STILL more hated than your mob (and the whole comp) and arguably not because of our fans.

LOL there's always one that misses the joke :$ I'm glad there were a couple of pie fans that understood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back