Why are we still ruled by the British Royals?

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not Anglo-Saxon my family came over on a boat...hahaha

Intelligent people know that if it wasn't for England we would be living in a far worse govt system.
Look at how prosperous Singapore is and they are proud of the British heritage

England although not perfect is far better than what the rest of the world has and millions still want to go and live there as well as other Commonwealth nations

You want to use Singapore as a shining light as to why we should look to the UK as a beacon of Democracy and fairness?
I suggest you brush up on your WW2 history, you dribbling moron.

Masher

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
You want to use Singapore as a shining light as to why we should look to the UK as a beacon of Democracy and fairness?

Why don't you ask Singaporeans instead of sprouting nonsense and showing ignorance.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why don't you ask Singaporeans instead of sprouting nonsense and showing ignorance.
Oh I have, Princess.
In the meantime, we'll all laugh at you, and your ignorance with regards to world history.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Australia was always going to be colonised eventually, if it wasn't the English it would have been claimed by others. Such a large natural resource rich landmass would never have remained so sparsely populated and completely undeveloped. Out of the world powers of the late 18th and early 19th century, who would have been better alternative to colonise Australia if not the English?

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Australia was always going to be colonised eventually, if it wasn't the English it would have been claimed by others. Such a large natural resource rich landmass would never have remained so sparsely populated and completely undeveloped. Out of the world powers of the late 18th and early 19th century, who would have been better alternative to colonise Australia if not the English?
Yeah, but that's not the point. He was referring to WW2.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wasn't referring to WW2. Singapore overall is in a better place due to British influence it's as simple as that
jiFfM.jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Queen is little more than a grizzled up douchebag perpetuating the British class system ,call me crazy but I'd prefer an aussie as head of state.
Oh f@ck no, look at the last half a dozen clowns we've had as PM at least Maj is educated and shows a little class, not to mention she has more balls than all our male pokiticians combined.

If we're gonna ditch the old dear then we need someone better and he or she won't be easy to find...Pauline Hanson while probably better suited to frying chips than.politics, at least tells it as it is, the situation is not great when you realise she is Australias most honest politician.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Saw a doco on Princess Anne who’s 70 but very tasty, as she always has been

You know, I think I would...

She should be the next head of that family though

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
When you base your entire value system on the principles of Henry VIII, that’s how you end up with the sharia loving heir to the thrown that resembles the FA Cup.
An inbred, war and theft financed disease that needs to be eradicated for the good of the planet.
cc with his soft touch on this subject!👍

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
We had the chance in 1999 but the PM of the day knew how good Republican advocates are at eating their own.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
We had the chance in 1999 but the PM of the day knew how good Republican advocates are at eating their own.
You have to admit - Johhny Howard played the politics perfectly there. It wasn't a referendum about whether Australi should become a republic, it was a referendum on one particular model of a republic. And he let the Monarchists at the Convention vote on which model should be put forward - so they voted for (surprise) the model they knew most of the republicans in the general public did not want.

Its' actually quite revealing to read some of the stories from then (Steve Vizard's book is very enetertaining), as the republicans on the convention gradually realise how they were conned.

You have to admire the deviousness.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Yes Malcolm Turnbull was no match for howard in rat cunning

interstingly both Turnbull and howard saw the burning need for what can be broadly described as a NEG, but the current lot would rather pretend I doesn’t exist

but then on the 10th day. God said ‘thou what use public money to build a new gas power station’ I can’t think of any other reason why you would

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
You have to admit - Johhny Howard played the politics perfectly there. It wasn't a referendum about whether Australi should become a republic, it was a referendum on one particular model of a republic. And he let the Monarchists at the Convention vote on which model should be put forward - so they voted for (surprise) the model they knew most of the republicans in the general public did not want.

Its' actually quite revealing to read some of the stories from then (Steve Vizard's book is very enetertaining), as the republicans on the convention gradually realise how they were conned.

You have to admire the deviousness.

So the republic was screwed by the umpires?

Back