Why are you into Manga/Anime?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Simple question. What makes you want to watch Anime and read Manga?

I started way back in the 90s when Pokemkon started. I loved the concept of training Pokemon and the far fetched idea of monsters.

I took a break when I was in high school but with the ads showing up on FB for Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer, I got pulled back in. From there it blossomed into not just watching that genre, but a whole plethora of types.

Sometimes I even think I am one of the few who still is into it in my 30s.

So what engages me into them?

The wide variety of themes it access that goes through the human brain. Love, resilience, hate, revenge, good vs evil. But there is also the themes that it hits that are almost taboo. Japanese anime and Manga explores it in detail that most other animation streams won't go near.

The genres are varied. Want to watch about food: Enter Food Wars. Want Magic, well there is plenty out there. Romance? Rent A Girlfriend, Domestic Girlfriend etc etc.

Manga comics are also great for stimulation of the brain. It makes you read from right to left vs left to right and stimulates your brain with their visuals and figurative language.

I didn't get into anime/manga until my 3rd year of uni (2012)... My mate recommended One Piece and the rest is history. believe it or not I binged 500+ episodes within a month.

For me its the world building, interesting stories and genres which doesn't really doesn't translate well if its a real life tv show.

I didn't get into anime/manga until my 3rd year of uni (2012)... My mate recommended One Piece and the rest is history. believe it or not I binged 500+ episodes within a month.

For me its the world building, interesting stories and genres which doesn't really doesn't translate well if its a real life tv show.
Yep. I find myself at night just looking at real life tv shows going.... "nup. Lets see whats on Crunchy roll.."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back