Society/Culture Why aren't same sex couples represented more in Australian commercials?

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Why aren't there inclusive commercials like this on Australian television? I think it's about time

Well yes advertising using minorities, like they are a majority, is political correctness, which is over the top a bit.
But I see something else in advertising and I wonder whether its real or whether I am a racist bigoted dirty rotten redneck mongrel dog right wing scumbag, I don't think I am?
I don't think I am a tree hugging, commie, lefty , greenie or freaked out climate change "demander" either?

But lots of ads now have a great many different races other than anglo Australians in them , some directing other Australians how to do something properly or they are in a superior position in the ad, maybe getting better super or insurance, little little things, I don't care , I just see it, and wonder what the idea behind this is, is it to tell via brain washing propaganda Anglo Australians that you no longer represent what most of us recognise as an Aussie, and you better get used to it you white bastards?????
Is it my imagination, or are we being brainwashed into accepting multi culture , when a lot of us are not real comfortable about it.

Does that make me a rotten bastard?

Baby Duck

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Well yes advertising using minorities, like they are a majority, is political correctness, which is over the top a bit.
But I see something else in advertising and I wonder whether its real or whether I am a racist bigoted dirty rotten redneck mongrel dog right wing scumbag, I don't think I am?
I don't think I am a tree hugging, commie, lefty , greenie or freaked out climate change "demander" either?

But lots of ads now have a great many different races other than anglo Australians in them , some directing other Australians how to do something properly or they are in a superior position in the ad, maybe getting better super or insurance, little little things, I don't care , I just see it, and wonder what the idea behind this is, is it to tell via brain washing propaganda Anglo Australians that you no longer represent what most of us recognise as an Aussie, and you better get used to it you white bastards?????
Is it my imagination, or are we being brainwashed into accepting multi culture , when a lot of us are not real comfortable about it.

Does that make me a rotten bastard?
You're not crazy at all. Thats exactly whats happening. A lot of has to do with using mass migration to quietly strangle whats left of western "culture". What is really interesting though is that white people are actually a minority on a global scale. When theres very little logic involved and facts are ignored then its an agenda being promoted rather than anything truthful, and no one actually benefits except for those that already own everything anyway.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yeah great brand building exercise.

I'm relaxing in front of the idiot box, and now I have to explain to my idiot kid why Johnny has two fathers, and explain the threatening dunnn duh duh dah Star Wars theme does not mean Darth Vader is about to burst out of our soup cans.

The point of advertising is to raise awareness of the features and benefits of your product so you can sell more product, not educate the public on the lifestyle choices of the characters portrayed by paid actors holding up said product.

I agree , I am not biased against the gay community, but the ad is an ad for a product, not a lifestyle ad, nor is it a don't be a racist ad, either, its an ad for a product, but and a very big but???????????????????????????????

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Dunno about homosexuals, but i'm seeing an unhealthy number of ranga's on my tv lately. Whats with that ?

I dont know when it became acceptable, or when floating them down the river at birth stopped being the socially responsible solution.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Dunno about homosexuals, but i'm seeing an unhealthy number of ranga's on my tv lately. Whats with that ?

I dont know when it became acceptable, or when floating them down the river at birth stopped being the socially responsible solution.

Swans fan: F*ck rangas!
Gary Rohan: :(

150520-gary-rohan-496x286.jpg

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
Considering we make up around 90% of the population, I think things are still pretty good for the whites.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers

There does seem to be an agenda, and perhaps an open one, in some ads. Origin for example is as much about diversity as much as it is about energy. They also feature an interracial marriage in one of their ads which is probably there to continue that theme. So-called social justice sells, I suppose, to some markets.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

HA HA HA HA HA HA !!! Leave those Ranga's alone, you cruel brute you!

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Educated spectulated guess.
Just looked it up - seems to be best guesses at around 85% so doesn't look like you were far off. Census data doesn't ask for racial background and many people select more than one ethnic background for obvious reasons, so it's very difficult to do anything but guesstimate.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I wasn't really saying that.

To explain that better, my comments on this subject are referring more to the point that minorities seem to be getting more and more visible in the media whether that's good or bad is not what I am talking about, but it does seem that the mainstream is being put to the side at the moment , is that political correctness going far enough, for the mainstream to begin to take a little offence in the other direction, or is that question a little to right winged, in terms of nowdays if you are not thinking a bit along the left line, your just an anti left person or you are a raving right wing Nazi.

That's my point , just a question about something I have noticed, in advertising.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park

Your TV needs fine tuning.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah great brand building exercise.

I'm relaxing in front of the idiot box, and now I have to explain to my idiot kid why Johnny has two fathers, and explain the threatening dunnn duh duh dah Star Wars theme does not mean Darth Vader is about to burst out of our soup cans.

The point of advertising is to raise awareness of the features and benefits of your product so you can sell more product, not educate the public on the lifestyle choices of the characters portrayed by paid actors holding up said product.

You're not very bright.

Back