Why aren't there limited data nbn plans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Just a little vent about nbn providers.

So my provider Dodo, sent an email saying my plan was going up by $5 a month.

They also, in the same email suggested that I change to a slower speed because my data usage is low

Yes! We've noticed your usage has been quite low, so why not consider changing to our nbn25 plan? It's perfect for HD streaming and working from home. Plus, it's only $65/mth, so you'd be saving money!

If my usage is low then why not offer a plan with limited data instead of slower speeds? Well of course I know the answer, coz they're greedy aholes.

After searching with no joy I put in a request to find my data usage, and they replied in the request page

Thank you for reaching out. Please be advised that there is no option to check the data usages in MyDodo because, all of our NBN plans are unlimited. You may reply here if you need further assistance. Thanks, The Dodo Team

So the object is everyone has to have an unlimited data plan, just have slightly cheaper deals for slower speeds, hardly attractive.

So after this I went searching for limited data nbn plans, no joy.

If my usage is low then why not offer a plan with limited data instead of slower speeds? Well of course I know the answer, coz they're greedy aholes.
No, because consolidating plans is more efficient for them. The actual need for limited plans would be minimal, if data costs are at a point they can throw unlimited at everyone for basically the same cost then why wouldn't they go that way?

The bit you're also missing is that ISPs are resellers for NBNCo so it's entirely possible NBNCo doesn't even provide that as an option any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back