Why boycotting Israel matters

Remove this Banner Ad

You are wrong about the Partition. Israel never fully accepted it and has set about annexing land ever since. As my map a few posts back illustrated.

You would do well to look in the mirror before accusing others of seeing one side.

Notice you STILL DODGE THE REQUEST TO TELL ME WHERE , POINT-BY-POINT, HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER EMILY SCHAEFFER OMER- MAN IS WRONG IN HER ADDRESS TO THE UN SECURITY COUNCIL ON MAY 9, LAST YEAR. YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE.

Last edited:
You a wrong about the Partition. Israel never fully accepted it and has set about annexing land ever since. As my map a few posts back illustrated.

You would do well to look in the mirror before accusing others of seeing one side.

Notice you STILL DODGE THE REQUEST TO TELL ME WHERE , POINT-BY-POINT, HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER EMILY SCHAEFFER OMER- MAN IS WRONG IN HER ADDRESS TO THE UN SECURITY COUNCIL ON MAY 9, LAST YEAR. YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE.

Youre nuts. Since first taking an interest in this conflict I have consistently stated that I do not agree with Israel's actions in the West Bank and that it should cede full control of it to the West Bank authorities. I can say that what rhey do pales in comparison to what Hamas does to its own people - something that doesnt seem to bother you much at all considering how little you bring it up.

Youre also incorrect about the 1947 peace plan. Its a matter of fact that Israel (or Jewish agency for Palestine) accepted the UN partition fully.

It was the surrounding Arab nations that voted against and declared war on Israel.

Abbas stated in 2011 that turning down the 1947 peace deal was a mistake.

Unfortunately Abbas also admitted to turning down Elbert's 2008 peace plan. To suggest that Israel have never offered or accepted peace plans is simply not true and shows your belief that everything is down to Israel. This is a humanitarian crisis with two sides to the story. Not one like the picture you constantly try to paint.

Youre nuts. Since first taking an interest in this conflict I have consistently stated that I do not agree with Israel's actions in the West Bank and that it should cede full control of it to the West Bank authorities. I can say that what rhey do pales in comparison to what Hamas does to its own people - something that doesnt seem to bother you much at all considering how little you bring it up.

Youre also incorrect about the 1947 peace plan. Its a matter of fact that Israel (or Jewish agency for Palestine) accepted the UN partition fully.

It was the surrounding Arab nations that voted against and declared war on Israel.

Abbas stated in 2011 that turning down the 1947 peace deal was a mistake.

Unfortunately Abbas also admitted to turning down Elbert's 2008 peace plan. To suggest that Israel have never offered or accepted peace plans is simply not true and shows your belief that everything is down to Israel. This is a humanitarian crisis with two sides to the story. Not one like the picture you constantly try to paint.
Indulging in invective usually indicates someone who is rattled, Zidane.

You are the one who fatuously suggested you shouldn’t include military aid from the tin tanks when considering the billions they gift Israel.

You are the one – not only you btw – who dodges responding to the address to the UN Security Council by Israel Human Rights lawyer Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man. You know the person who sees first-hand who the aggressors are and the brutality of that aggression. Inconvenient truth which I expect you’ll dodge again.

You are the one who failed to acknowledge the Stern gang murder of UN delegate Folke Bernodotte for doing no more than proposing a fair deal for the Palestinians. And talking of terrorism, you might like to update your history by doing some reading on the King David Hotel bombing.

You claim that it’s the Palestinians who are the impediment when the proposals put to them are grossly inequitable and unconscionable. I mean, in the Camp David agreement Barak,as a minimum requirement “wanted assurances of Israel’s continued strategic control over the West Bank and Gaza, including air space and borders, and insisted that Israel retain permanent sovereignty over most of East Jerusalem, including Haram Al-Sharif.

Added to which Israel has made promises to remove settlers from the West Bank. How’s that gone!

https://www.wrmea.org/jews-for-just...lict-intifada-2000-and-the-peace-process.html

And the current proposals put by the two international charlatans in Trump and Netanyahu are universally considered so biased toward Israel they are designed to fail.

”The Palestinians always complain that we know the details of every proposal from the Americans before they do,' one Israeli government source told The Independent recently. 'There's good reason for that: we write them.'" Phil Reeves in "The Independent" (U.K.), 10/9/2000”

You are the one who asserts I’ve not criticised some of the activities of the Palestinian leadership when I have. Particularly the Arafat years. Just as you are pro Israel I’m pro Palestine along with a huge number of progressive humanitarian Jewish folk and organisations who I’ve quoted ad infinitum here.

Sadly it’s Israeli apologists like you who are the problem. The hope lies with the progressive humanitarian Jewish folk like the JVP Rabbinical Council who say ” Our message is simple: This is not what human beings do to one another. And we will not stand idly by as our neighbours blood is shed”

And the former IDF soldiers from Breaking the Silence whose aim is “ raising awareness to the dire consequences of prolonged military occupation.

And Bend the Arc “ progressive American Jews who seek to change policy and build a more just and equal nation”

And Jewish Voice for Peace who“ seek an end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem; security and self-determination for Israelis and Palestinians; a just solution for Palestinian refugees based on principles established in international law; an end to violence against civilians; and peace and justice for all peoples of the Middle East

And Rabbis for Human Rights who are “ dedicated to human rights in Israel and the Occupied Territories.”

And Jews for Justice “ a network of Jews campaigning against the Israeli occupation, for freedom, peace and justice in Palestine”

And Israeli Human Rights lawyer Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man who said in here address to the UN Security Council – the one you studiously dodge – Israeli policy simply has been to make life increasingly unbearable and even unliveable with the hope of driving them (Palestinians) out”

And B’Tselem the Israeli Information Centre for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories which ”strives to end Israel’s occupation, recognizing that this is the only way to achieve a future that ensures human rights, democracy, liberty and equality to all people, Palestinian and Israeli alike”

And The Centre for Jewish Nonviolence which “strives for a future that honors the full equality & shared humanity of Palestinians and Israelis.”

And If Not Now ” A movement led by young American Jews to end our community's support for the occupation.”

I could fill pages of other good humanitarian Jewish folk and organisations like these but I gather even you would get the drift by now. All good humanitarians who, to paraphrase the words of Edward Kennedy in his eulogy to brother Robert “see wrong and try to right it, see suffering and try to heal it, see war and try to stop it”

There a glimmers of hope as I’ve posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ons-against-israel-over-west-bank-annexations

Folk like you, sadly, are the impediment.

Military aid is not economic aid. You know this but continue to make out that it is. USA spends far more on its 40,000 trooos stationed in Japan but we have never heard you once complain about that.

Im in agreeance that Israel are doing the wrong thing in West Bank, I think its outrageous they are still in there. Anyone that is Jewish who wants to settle there should be free to remain but under Palestinian rules / law.

Once again youve shown your hand. You are only prepared to cite propaganda and do not hold both sides accountable plus your posts suggest you dont believe Israel has a right to exist. Ypur views seem dangerously close to the likes of Hamas, possibly explains why you continue to remain silent on their appalling human rights treatment of their own people and their terrorist actions

BTW you dont do yourself quoting the likes of breaking the silence, an orgsnisation proven to have political instead of humanitarian goals and also proven to publish unreliable information.

You are very much the problem, your hatred shows in your posts while I can see and acknowledge what the real problems are.

Military aid is not economic aid. You know this but continue to make out that it is. USA spends far more on its 40,000 trooos stationed in Japan but we have never heard you once complain about that.

Im in agreeance that Israel are doing the wrong thing in West Bank, I think its outrageous they are still in there. Anyone that is Jewish who wants to settle there should be free to remain but under Palestinian rules / law.

Once again youve shown your hand. You are only prepared to cite propaganda and do not hold both sides accountable plus your posts suggest you dont believe Israel has a right to exist. Ypur views seem dangerously close to the likes of Hamas, possibly explains why you continue to remain silent on their appalling human rights treatment of their own people and their terrorist actions

BTW you dont do yourself quoting the likes of breaking the silence, an orgsnisation proven to have political instead of humanitarian goals and also proven to publish unreliable information.

You are very much the problem, your hatred shows in your posts while I can see and acknowledge what the real problems are.
So the enormous military aid has no positive impact on the economy of Israel. You live in a dream world. Of course it does and it’s an enormous one. It’s just you need to find a means of deflection.

You are the one who sought to break the aid into categories. So in an earlier post I pointed out the categories of aid that lead to the nearly $10.5m a day Israel gets from the USA.I also pointed out there is more aid that is harder to detect because it’s tacked to other less obvious legislation. In many respects the military aid is more relevant because it enables the continuation of the brutal theft of land, homes and livelihoods and to quote the group of Israel school children in their letter to Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot “the racist policy which violates basic human rights and perpetuates intentional institutional incitement against Palestinians”

You do not appear to understand the distinction between a country spending on its own military and directing funds to another country for military purposes, in this case to perpetuate the illegal and inhumane activities of that country.

Once again, you attribute views to me which I do not hold. Views which are in fact the opposite of those I hold. Had Israel accepted the very generous land Partition offered and set about establishing their country within those boundaries we wouldn’t have the dreadful situation we have now. But almost from the get go Israel went about illegally and brutally annexing more and more land with the aim of driving the Palestinians out. Your charlatan PM doesn’t even seek to cover up those intentions these days.

So you pick on one of the numerous kind humanitarian progressive organisations I cited who see the evil and seek to expose it. Not the Rabbis for example. It’s nothing more than reprising AIPAC propaganda to discredit Breaking the Silence and to do so without any reliable evidence. I’ve dealt with this unfounded smear elsewhere in this thread. Breaking the Silence are targeted by the Zionists because they are former IDF soldiers who witnessed the brutality and are effective in saying “enough”

It’s not only former IDF soldiers who are seeing the inhumanity and hostility and speaking out, former director of Shin Bet Ami Ayalon has just done so too.

Funny how you say my hatred shows in my posts when they are, by and large, the views of kind compassionate humanitarian Jewish folk who do not want to be associated with the genocide.

As for hate, I worked on a kibbutz for 6 months and as I’ve said before I have many Jewish friends. Admittedly they are mostly progressive thinkers but not all of them. In fact my oldest Jewish friend is quite orthodox, once having been a Cantor. The only Cantor who couldn’t sing I regularly tell him. Although he, like you, is indoctrinated we can still discuss the issues in the Middle East. He even acknowledges the enormous power imbalance allows Israel to take some actions with which he disagrees.

I repeat, Hamas has taken action which hasn’t been helpful and in some cases shameful. Arafat too. However, when you are under siege, see your land stolen, houses bulldozed, livelihoods taken away and see your people living in fear ,oppression and innocent people injured and killed - including children - you can understand them being a little pissed off.

Talking about not doing yourself a favour once again you avoid responding point by point to the devastatingly accurate remarks by Israel Human Rights lawyer Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man in her address to the UN on May 9 last year. You know, from someone who sees the brutality and inhumanity on a daily basis. Inconvenient truth. It’s much easier to recite AIPAC propaganda. Interesting the way you cherry pick your responses and dodge Emily’s real life recounting of the brutality, inhumanity and illegality. I’ll keep calling you to account on that matter as I have others who, like you, run for cover every time it’s mentioned.

There are more than enough trained Zionist propagandists around the globe and more than enough fellow travellers here without the need for me to add to the total. Someone should offer a counterpoint.

The hope for the future are not apologists like you but those caring compassionate people and organisations I’ve cited and the likes of the Rabbinical student who is a thinker rather than just a mindless follower.

RP0JJnW.jpg

Last edited:
So the enormous military aid has no positive impact on the economy of Israel. You live in a dream world. Of course it does and it’s an enormous one. It’s just you need to find a means of deflection.

You are the one who sought to break the aid into categories. So in an earlier post I pointed out the categories of aid that lead to the nearly $10.5m a day Israel gets from the USA.I also pointed out there is more aid that is harder to detect because it’s tacked to other less obvious legislation. In many respects the military aid is more relevant because it enables the continuation of the brutal theft of land, homes and livelihoods and to quote the group of Israel school children in their letter to Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot “the racist policy which violates basic human rights and perpetuates intentional institutional incitement against Palestinians”

You do not appear to understand the distinction between a country spending on its own military and directing funds to another country for military purposes, in this case to perpetuate the illegal and inhumane activities of that country.

Once again, you attribute views to me which I do not hold. Views which are in fact the opposite of those I hold. Had Israel accepted the very generous land Partition offered and set about establishing their country within those boundaries we wouldn’t have the dreadful situation we have now. But almost from the get go Israel went about illegally and brutally annexing more and more land with the aim of driving the Palestinians out. Your charlatan PM doesn’t even seek to cover up those intentions these days.

So you pick on one of the numerous kind humanitarian progressive organisations I cited who see the evil and seek to expose it. Not the Rabbis for example. It’s nothing more than reprising AIPAC propaganda to discredit Breaking the Silence and to do so without any reliable evidence. I’ve dealt with this unfounded smear elsewhere in this thread. Breaking the Silence are targeted by the Zionists because they are former IDF soldiers who witnessed the brutality and are effective in saying “enough”

It’s not only former IDF soldiers who are seeing the inhumanity and hostility and speaking out, former director of Shin Bet Ami Ayalon has just done so too.

Funny how you say my hatred shows in my posts when they are, by and large, the views of kind compassionate humanitarian Jewish folk who do not want to be associated with the genocide.

As for hate, I worked on a kibbutz for 6 months and as I’ve said before I have many Jewish friends. Admittedly they are mostly progressive thinkers but not all of them. In fact my oldest Jewish friend is quite orthodox, once having been a Cantor. The only Cantor who couldn’t sing I regularly tell him. Although he, like you, is indoctrinated we can still discuss the issues in the Middle East. He even acknowledges the enormous power imbalance allows Israel to take some actions with which he disagrees.

I repeat, Hamas has taken action which hasn’t been helpful and in some cases shameful. Arafat too. However, when you are under siege, see your land stolen, houses bulldozed, livelihoods taken away and see your people living in fear ,oppression and innocent people injured and killed - including children - you can understand them being a little pissed off.

Talking about not doing yourself a favour once again you avoid responding point by point to the devastatingly accurate remarks by Israel Human Rights lawyer Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man in her address to the UN on May 9 last year. You know, from someone who sees the brutality and inhumanity on a daily basis. Inconvenient truth. It’s much easier to recite AIPAC propaganda. Interesting the way you cherry pick your responses and dodge Emily’s real life recounting of the brutality, inhumanity and illegality. I’ll keep calling you to account on that matter as I have others who, like you, run for cover every time it’s mentioned.

There are more than enough trained Zionist propagandists around the globe and more than enough fellow travellers here without the need for me to add to the total. Someone should offer a counterpoint.

The hope for the future are not apologists like you but those caring compassionate people and organisations I’ve cited and the likes of the Rabbinical student who is a thinker rather than just a mindless follower.

RP0JJnW.jpg

I do not know why you keep going back to this. I am firmly against the actions of Israel in West Bank and agree that Israel needs to withdraw from West Bank. Any Jewish settlers living there should be free to remain if they wish but they need to be citizens of Palestine living under Palestinian law if they wish to remain.

I am cleasly not an apologist for Israel, the only apologist in here is yourself for your total lack of contrition in regards to the appalling way Hamas treats its own citizens and its openly published goals of destroying Israel and anyone that dares to be Jewish. This doesn't seem to be a problem with you at all.

While the likes of yourself continue to hold only Israel accountable the conflict will never end. You also conveniently ignore the fact that Israel accepted the partition in 1947 only for the surrounding arab nations and Palestine to not accept it and declare war on Israel.

At least Abbas acknowledges this was the incorrect thing to do unlike yourself.

Anything that Trump proposes in regards to Israel / Palestine is idiotic just like anything else he proposes in general. Having looked at the proposal he put forward I don't agree with it at all and it is also against what the US have committed to and proposed in the past.

George W JNR's speech got it right for me

Calling on Israel to withdraw while encouraging Palestinians to stand up against those who promote terror. Trump is a moronic troll that will only incite tensions in Israel - Palestine. Let's hope he is removed at the next election.

Also once and for all putting this ridiculous $10.5m a day aid to bed once and for all. Here is the official US govt report on military aid to Israel

Only 26% of FMF funds are available for military use through Israel companies. And even this is still purchased by the US military, no money is transferred to Israel directly. It's all in the official report. Offshore procurement is also being phased out gradually. And a significant portion of FMF aid relates to defensive systems aimed at protecting Israeli citizens from rocket attacks, something you also don't seem to mention too often for some reason.

In summary the vast majority of FMF funding to Israel is available for use only within the US. And a majority of that funding is available only for defensive systems.

The claim that Israel wants a war to continue is a furphy.

Also Palestine has received nearly $5 billion in economic & humanitarian assistance since 1994. Unlike FMF aid this money is mostly transferred directly to Palestinian authorities for use on humanitarian programs.

Hamas getting more power is going to put this aid into jeopardy which is a shame for the people of Palestine.

Good to see the EU pushback against Israeli plans to annex territory inhabited by settlers:

Why do settlers need to live under Jewish rule? What's stopping them living under Palestinian rule? Jews & arabs have lived side by side for centuries. There's plenty of Palestinians living in Israel under Israeli law. Any legitimate settler in West Bank should be happy to live under Palestinian rule.

The total sum awarded to Israel in aid by the USA is irrefutable, as I've pointed from authoritative sources. As distinct from quoting the likes of George Bush -God help us- to support your weak case.

Get back to me when you answer my request - asked a dozen times here - for a detailed response to the matters raised in the address to the UN by Human Rights lawyer Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man in May last year. She outlines first-hand what is occurring to the Palestinians by the Israel forces, yet you and others studiously avoid the tragedy she outlines. Wonder why!

The total sum awarded to Israel in aid by the USA is irrefutable, as I've pointed from authoritative sources. As distinct from quoting the likes of George Bush -God help us- to support your weak case.

Get back to me when you answer my request - asked a dozen times here - for a detailed response to the matters raised in the address to the UN by Human Rights lawyer Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man in May last year. She outlines first-hand what is occurring to the Palestinians by the Israel forces, yet you and others studiously avoid the tragedy she outlines. Wonder why!

Military aid is not transferred to recipient nations, a fact you continue to ignore.

Palestinian authoroties in the last 20 years have receibed far more funding from the us govt in the last 20 years, another fact you ignore.

Lastly nobody is disagreeing with you on the actions of Isrsel in West Bank. Israel should not be involved in West Bank and should not be supporting illegal settlers.

What is genuinley disturbing is you have more ofca problem with these actions than the actions of a terrorist group that openly declare their intent to destroy anyone or anything Jewish and the state of Israel. That is ok because apparently they have the right to be pissed off. Such an attitude serms to align closely with Hamas values.

Military aid is not transferred to recipient nations, a fact you continue to ignore.

Palestinian authoroties in the last 20 years have receibed far more funding from the us govt in the last 20 years, another fact you ignore.

Lastly nobody is disagreeing with you on the actions of Isrsel in West Bank. Israel should not be involved in West Bank and should not be supporting illegal settlers.

What is genuinley disturbing is you have more ofca problem with these actions than the actions of a terrorist group that openly declare their intent to destroy anyone or anything Jewish and the state of Israel. That is ok because apparently they have the right to be pissed off. Such an attitude serms to align closely with Hamas values.

You keep writing the same propaganda. It’s as if you think repeating disinformation will in some odd way make it true.

In an earlier post I showed how Israel was attempting to get the Yanks to bring forward the military aid in order to assist with economic issues associated with Covd-19. There is no question the military aid is part of the $10.4m a day Israel receives from the Yanks. As I’ve said, probably more as there are other economic benefits tagged to other Bills which is hard to determine.

Another general unsubstantiated comment in your second sentence. Probably some more information received from reading that reliable source of information,George Bush.

It’s good to read your dismay about the West Bank and settlers. But, frankly, I’ve heard it before here and it comes across more as a thing of passing interest rather than genuine concern. When I read real concern from you and your fellow apologists perhaps I’ll feel it’s actually heartfelt.

The Palestinians want to destroy Israel, huh!. Candidly, I wouldn’t go down that path if I were you cos I could fill pages with remarks from Zionists you are intent on the destruction of Palestine. Including cabinet ministers. And, of course,they are -to all our shame - succeeding.

Former Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said “the entire Palestinian people is the enemy” and called for the destruction of Palestine, “including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.”

Moshe Feiglin, then-deputy speaker of the Israel called for the destruction of Palestinian life in Gaza and offered a detailed plan for shipping Palestinians living in Gaza across the world.

“Eli Ben Dahan, has made controversial remarks about Palestinians “To me, they are like animals, they aren’t human.”

Former Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman referred to them as “a bunch of cannibals”

These aren’t random right wingers. They are people who have been at the seat of power.

As Israeli Human Rights lawyer, Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man said in her address to the UN Security Council in relation to Israel’s intentions, which you have once again avoided – INCONVENIENT TRUTH

“has simply been to make life increasingly unbearable and even unliveable with the hope of driving them [Palestinians] out.

When will you go through Emily’s address and point-by-point tell us where she is wrong and why?

For over the past six and one-half decades, the Israeli government and its predecessors in law – the Zionist agencies, forces, and terrorist gangs – have ruthlessly implemented a systematic and comprehensive military, political, religious, economic, and cultural campaign with the intent to destroy in substantial part the national, ethnical, racial, and different religious group constituting the Palestinian people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the EU pushback against Israeli plans to annex territory inhabited by settlers:

Why do settlers need to live under Jewish rule? What's stopping them living under Palestinian rule? Jews & arabs have lived side by side for centuries. There's plenty of Palestinians living in Israel under Israeli law. Any legitimate settler in West Bank should be happy to live under Palestinian rule.

Why would people want to live under free and democratic laws as opposed to living under a version of Islamic law where in some parts its illegal while in others just shunned to be gay, female, non Islamic, outspoken against your govt, outspoken against Islamic terrorists, pro American, pro Israel, etc, etc, etc ?

Gee, I wonder.

Last edited:
Why would people want to live under free and democratic laws as opposed to living under a version of Islamic law where in some parts its illegal while in others just shunned to be gay, female, non Islamic, outspoken against your govt, outspoken against Islamic terrorists, pro American, pro Israel, etc, etc, etc ?

Gee, I wonder.

Dont move to Palestinian territory then, pretty simple.

You keep writing the same propaganda. It’s as if you think repeating disinformation will in some odd way make it true.

In an earlier post I showed how Israel was attempting to get the Yanks to bring forward the military aid in order to assist with economic issues associated with Covd-19. There is no question the military aid is part of the $10.4m a day Israel receives from the Yanks. As I’ve said, probably more as there are other economic benefits tagged to other Bills which is hard to determine.

Another general unsubstantiated comment in your second sentence. Probably some more information received from reading that reliable source of information,George Bush.

It’s good to read your dismay about the West Bank and settlers. But, frankly, I’ve heard it before here and it comes across more as a thing of passing interest rather than genuine concern. When I read real concern from you and your fellow apologists perhaps I’ll feel it’s actually heartfelt.

The Palestinians want to destroy Israel, huh!. Candidly, I wouldn’t go down that path if I were you cos I could fill pages with remarks from Zionists you are intent on the destruction of Palestine. Including cabinet ministers. And, of course,they are -to all our shame - succeeding.

Former Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said “the entire Palestinian people is the enemy” and called for the destruction of Palestine, “including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.”

Moshe Feiglin, then-deputy speaker of the Israel called for the destruction of Palestinian life in Gaza and offered a detailed plan for shipping Palestinians living in Gaza across the world.

“Eli Ben Dahan, has made controversial remarks about Palestinians “To me, they are like animals, they aren’t human.”

Former Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman referred to them as “a bunch of cannibals”

These aren’t random right wingers. They are people who have been at the seat of power.

As Israeli Human Rights lawyer, Emily Schaeffer Omer-Man said in her address to the UN Security Council in relation to Israel’s intentions, which you have once again avoided – INCONVENIENT TRUTH

“has simply been to make life increasingly unbearable and even unliveable with the hope of driving them [Palestinians] out.

When will you go through Emily’s address and point-by-point tell us where she is wrong and why?

Any particular reason you don't quote Bassem Eid?

Prominent Palestinian human rights activist. Plenty of the sources you love to quote he used to work for (B'Tselem, Haaretz). But left them due to them not reporting on Palestinian human rights abuses.

Very enlightening and interesting to hear a Palestinian who holds his people not being divided as jointly responsible for the conflict with Israel. He's not involved with activist groups either and doesn't have political goals unlike many of the sources you quote.

I know this doesn't suit your propaganda so that's probably why you've never mentioned this guy who is probably the most reliable source around on the entire conflict having deep access to both sides.

Interesting to note that the Palestinians attempted to kidnap him and try and blame it on the Israelis.

What do you say about Bassem Eid?

Bassem Eid regarding Hamas:

I am trying to be the spokesperson for those who have died. I think the people who have died left a message. I want the world to hear their voices. “We died for no reason.” The people who died in Gaza were sacrificed by their own leadership: Hamas. The one who imposed three wars on Gaza was Hamas. In every country the governments use their missiles and rockets to protect its people but Hamas was doing the opposite, using its people to protect its missiles and rockets. I am wondering sometimes how Hamas is celebrating the victory of last summer’s war, and I am asking myself as a Palestinian if our tragedies are a victory, what will our defeat be like.

For some reason you forgot to quote this statement. Not by a former member of government. Not by a minister. But the leader of the Palestinian authority.

You've been quick to quote the UN in the past. But not in this case where Ban Ki Moon calls out Abbas for inciting violence. This is the leader of the government no less.

Ban Ki-Moon is anything but pro Israel either. He's called out Israel many times for the Gaza blockade and human rights violations.

If you want to have any credibility on this matter and not appear blatantly pro Hamas / pro Palestinian it might help your cause a little bit if you posted comments made by both sides, not just one.

It comes back to your belief that Jews / Israel are the only party to blame for this conflict, a view it seems you will never change. A view that will ensure peace never happens.

Zidane, you have this habit of moving the goal posts.

Hamas has recanted any ideas some of the militants had of the disintegration of Israel. You should know that. On the other hand there are countless people in powerful positions in Israel who want nothing less than all of the Palestinian territory and they are achieving it by the day, brutally.

I've shown vision of the IDF soldiers breaking into a Palestinian home, terrifying the family and wrecking the house in the process. It occurs on a daily basis. Former IDF personnel who I've quoted and shown videos of attest to that being part of the modus operandi. I've shown ad infinitum how Israel has over decades illegally and mercilessly stolen land, homes and livelihoods and are doing so today.

As Emily Omer-Man said Israel's aim is to "....capture the maximum amount of land with the minimum amount of Palestinians"

ONCE AGAIN I ASK YOU TO GO THROUGH THE ADDRESS TO THE UN SECURITY COUNCIL BY AMERICAN HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER EMILY SCHAEFFER OMER- MAN, 9 MAY LAST YEAR, WHERE EMILY SETS OUT THE REALITY OF LIFE FOR THE PALESTINIANS TODAY AND TELL ME POINT-BY-POINT WHERE SHE IS WRONG AND WHY?

Zidane, you have this habit of moving the goal posts.

Hamas has recanted any ideas some of the militants had of the disintegration of Israel. You should know that. On the other hand there are countless people in powerful positions in Israel who want nothing less than all of the Palestinian territory and they are achieving it by the day, brutally.

I've shown vision of the IDF soldiers breaking into a Palestinian home, terrifying the family and wrecking the house in the process. It occurs on a daily basis. Former IDF personnel who I've quoted and shown videos of attest to that being part of the modus operandi. I've shown ad infinitum how Israel has over decades illegally and mercilessly stolen land, homes and livelihoods and are doing so today.

As Emily Omer-Man said Israel's aim is to "....capture the maximum amount of land with the minimum amount of Palestinians"

ONCE AGAIN I ASK YOU TO GO THROUGH THE ADDRESS TO THE UN SECURITY COUNCIL BY AMERICAN HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER EMILY SCHAEFFER OMER- MAN, 9 MAY LAST YEAR, WHERE EMILY SETS OUT THE REALITY OF LIFE FOR THE PALESTINIANS TODAY AND TELL ME POINT-BY-POINT WHERE SHE IS WRONG AND WHY?

So youve complety ignored

a) The UN for calling out Abbas on inciting violence against Jews.

b) Bassam Eid, a Palestinian, holds Hamas responsible for the misery caused in the Gaza strip. This is someone that used to work with Palestinian authorities.

Are you going to ignore this?

More look-over-here stuff, Zidane.

I've asked you and your fellow traveller strauchnyy countless times over months to address the telling remarks of Emily Omer-Man and you've run for cover every time.

Until you go through her address and point-by-point tell us where she is wrong and why your credibility will suffer.

No more ducking and diving.

Bassem Eid regarding Hamas:

I am trying to be the spokesperson for those who have died. I think the people who have died left a message. I want the world to hear their voices. “We died for no reason.” The people who died in Gaza were sacrificed by their own leadership: Hamas. The one who imposed three wars on Gaza was Hamas. In every country the governments use their missiles and rockets to protect its people but Hamas was doing the opposite, using its people to protect its missiles and rockets. I am wondering sometimes how Hamas is celebrating the victory of last summer’s war, and I am asking myself as a Palestinian if our tragedies are a victory, what will our defeat be like.

There is a reason why Hamas and senior Palestinian leadership hide themselves and weapons in schools hospitals and mosques

More look-over-here stuff, Zidane.

I've asked you and your fellow traveller strauchnyy countless times over months to address the telling remarks of Emily Omer-Man and you've run for cover every time.

Until you go through her address and point-by-point tell us where she is wrong and why your credibility will suffer.

No more ducking and diving.

Lol, coming from the person who failed to quote Palestine's leader calling for violence against Jews but onky happy to quote a select few current & forner Israeli politicians. If you really cared about peace you would have a problem with those on both sides guilty of it. The fact that you struggle to condemn Hamas, a registered terrorist organisation, also speaks volumes about your ideology.

As for your continued rants about a political activist with links to BDS I have acknowledged many times the oppresion caused by Israel by being in the West Bank when they shouldn't. Ihve stated countless times that Israel should compeletely hand over the West Bank many times and that any Jewish settlers wanting to remain should accept Palestinian rule or leave.

Now its your turn.

Please tell us why Baseem Eid - a Palestinian who used to work for the Palestinian authoritie - blanes Hamas and not Israel for the suffering in Gaza.

Please tell us why he is against BDS as a proud Palestinian.

Please tell us why he believes there will never be peace until Palestinian peoples unite together under one banner and compleyely denounce terrorism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back