Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crows had the advantage of coming into the AFL 1st. The split was then around 65/35 to 60/40.

I can remember saying to Port mates at the time that you would expect this to get closer to 50/50 over time, but I'm genuinely surprised after a generation it's still about the same split.

I would have thought with most Crows games being a sellout, that more kids growing up would go to Port games as a way to see regular AFL.
60/40 is closer to 50/50 than 65/35 is

60/40 being disputable, like I said crows are the default option

Plenty of Crows fans surfaced during GF week having never seen a game in person and knowing nothing more than Eddie Tex n Rory

60/40 is closer to 50/50 than 65/35 is

60/40 being disputable, like I said crows are the default option

Plenty of Crows fans surfaced during GF week having never seen a game in person and knowing nothing more than Eddie Tex n Rory
The latest Ray Morgan poll had the ratio at 65/35, which is basically the same split as when you entered the AFL. The gap doesn't appear to be closing which is surprising.

No doubt we have plenty who no little about the game, but same can be said for any side. I have Port mates who are passionate, never miss a game & very knowledgeable... & others who gave up their membership. Both clubs have all types.

Do me a favor get down to your local club and do some work then tell me what makes a club. Again it's the people that make a club.
Also, have news for you every AFL club currently playing are Franchises,
Yes, mate, we are all franchises working for the AFL, there know hiding the fact because all the clubs have signed the relevant documentation and their constitutions reflect that. Including yours

franchise
ˈfran(t)ʃʌɪz/
noun
  1. 1.
    an authorization granted by a government or company to an individual or group enabling them to carry out specified commercial activities, for example acting as an agent for a company's products.

PS don't your Director have to approve by the AFL before taking up their positions.

"we are all franchises working for the AFL" you say

Have you got a copy of the AFL constitution and rules.
Can you give me the URL so I can download it.:)
I want to see what the AFL calls Clubs. :thumbsu:

Player contracts weren’t linked to the newly negotiated CBA so that provided substantial capacity within our salary cap - exceptionally astute by the club.

We didn’t over pay to get Motlop. In fact, the Crows were mooted to have offered up to $100k more than Port. He chose Port on basis of future success, family and a career after football in our indigenous program.

Boak isn’t overpaid at all. Granted he is past his peak but is a dual all Australian and still a very good footballer and club captain. Hartlett is overpaid at this point which is acknowledged by all and sundry at the club. Every club has overpaid players at some level.

Culture and club environment play a huge part in helping to mitigate any big money offers from other states. Wines has said he wants to be a 1 club player however every Victorian club will be offering him a huge contract next year.

Yeah nah. Keep pushing that bullshit that the Crows offered more money. The compo pick says otherwise. Spin spin spin.

In the same time (19 years) we have 1 premiership, made two GFs, 3 minor premierships...

I can throw stones because for 19 years your franchise has been irrelevant and done literally nothing

I can see that you haven’t included minor premierships with us and yet you include them when listing Port’s achievements. You’re laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like you don't know that Port Posted a profit in 2016 and Adelaide a loss.
2017 figures are not out yet.

Did we get a handout from the AFL? When was the last time the AFL gave the Crows a handout and when was the last time the AFL gave Port a handout? Hmmmmm. Another totally biased and stupid post by a Port cult member.

Did we get a handout from the AFL? When was the last time the AFL gave the Crows a handout and when was the last time the AFL gave Port a handout? Hmmmmm. Another totally biased and stupid post by a Port cult member.
You were given a handout before the AO move

What are you on about ... I answered a post by.. ad victoriam ..
Nothing to do with handouts ... geez .. why don't you read the posts before you jump in ..

Come on surely you don't think a 119 flogging in a GF was an achievement as well?
The point completely went over your head didn’t it.

Your biggest achievement in 19 years is getting thumped in a GF. You have done nothing, for nearly 20 years. You have been irrelevant for being 20 years. That’s your biggest achievement, congratulations

Your biggest achievement in 19 years is getting thumped in a GF. You have done nothing, for nearly 20 years. You have been irrelevant for being 20 years. That’s your biggest achievement, congratulations

Lol for a troll you sure stay on message, do me a favour start your tripe from 25 years ago & get back to me,

"achievement"

I have had second thoughts 1870 seeing as you are stuck on insignificant numbers how about you do a comparison for both the Crows & the Power say from the date of your only premiership in 2004?

Non market rents at Footy Park say hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back