Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware, those rankings aren't tailored for seperate demographics. What may be extremely livable for a baby boomer may be the opposite for a gen Y.

I have no doubt that many would find Adelaide a very comfortable place to live, but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that Melbourne is much more interesting for a financially comfortable gen Y.

Never said any different mate totally agree.

having guys payed fairly equally is good for the team atmosphere. it is no surprise that a few melbourne players are a bit angry about lever's salary having proudly served the club and a new guy just comes in and earns more. afl players know roughly what each of their teammates are on and are human. there could be tension in the dees dressing room.

having guys payed fairly equally is good for the team atmosphere. it is no surprise that a few melbourne players are a bit angry about lever's salary having proudly served the club and a new guy just comes in and earns more. afl players know roughly what each of their teammates are on and are human. there could be tension in the dees dressing room.
Those in glass houses and all

A lot less than Adelaide will have at the end of next season. Who you got looking at free agency. Sloane.... Collingwood? Laird.....Manager already said it will be hard to keep him and there are others. No wonder Lever wanted out now, you could lose a big wack of your team and he would be overshadowed by the big guns going.

These unknown players sound pretty upset, pity they're just a figment of someone's imagination

A lot less than Adelaide will have at the end of next season. Who you got looking at free agency. Sloane.... Collingwood? Laird.....Manager already said it will be hard to keep him and there are others. No wonder Lever wanted out now, you could lose a big wack of your team and he would be overshadowed by the big guns going.

Ah so you're running with rumours....how about providing a link where Laird's manager supposedly said he'd be hard to keep......I'll keep checking this thread for it.

We may have had several poor season in the last decade but player rention is one thing I'm really proud at my club. We've had several players take below market value to stay at the club for years now.

Oh really???? Who are these players and you have any proof of that? I think you've got it very backwards.

Your lot finished top. Stormed into the GF, wet the bed, infighting, players leaving, more to come. Your club is in crisis yet you choose to pot shot other clubs. Maybe you should have a look in the mirror.

Richmond finished 1 win behind us? The line for the game was around 1 goal. 'Stormed into the GF', what did you not see Richmond smash Geelong and the Giants?????

'Wet the bed' ?? Huh???

'Infighting' oh you mean the BS rumours that have been contradicted by Lever's manager and credible journalists rather than s**t stirrers like Kane Cornes.....

Club in crisis??? Yeah right. Lever is moving clubs. Massive crisis. Keath slots in to his position.

Your best and fairest winner just assaulted the police, you're losing 3 players this year, Impey smashed up some cars and ran from the cops, you have racist banana throwers and people who call Tex a pedo and Eddie a monkey on social media and in the news, you have a Presidnt who insults the players with his ego maniac and speech that pissed off the players after the they choked in their home final....God this is too easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll just wait patiently for you to provide the link showing that the Crows offered Lever 300k...take your time I can wait.

Both Lever and Adelaide's recently re-signed forward Mitch McGovern were initially offered contracts of around $300,000 per season by the Crows, significantly less than what the pair would reasonably command otherwise.

Reports suggest Melbourne is offering Lever a deal worth $750,000 over four years, a sum that would make him the highest paid player in Adelaide.

We've had these reports from mainstream media. Until any party confirms otherwise, we could probably consider that the ballpark

I'll tell you where all this comes from.

We just lose a Prelim to the Hawks then.
The Tippett f**k up - we lose first round & second round picks for the next two drafts (Clubs fault yes - not fans)
Tippett leaving
Bock leaving
Davis leaving
Gunston leaving
Vince having to be traded out because of Tippett f**k up
Dean Bailey passing away
Phil Walsh getting murdered
Dangerfield leaving
Then after all of that we are the best team for the year and don't rock up on GF day and fold like a pack of cards (Well done Richmond too much pressure).

So everything thing this week is pretty raw as we are all pretty devistated (Same as every losing GF team each year) because we finally thought something good was finally going to happen after all of that s**t and 19 years since winning a flag (yes I know Melbourne & Saints).

Then two fan favourites firstly Lever who said he wanted to be a one club player is a 21 year old f**king gun who is touted as a future captain decides to do a runner for $. Then Charlie decides he wants to go for family reason.

So the emotions are all running pretty high and everyone isn't exactly being rational at the moment but that's why.

I also think he should have been allowed to attend the B&F btw.

Everyone can sit there and take pot shots but it's just been a really f**king s**t week.

None of those other things have anything to do with Jake Lever whatsoever....

You're pretty much admitting that Adelaide are taking out years' worth of anger on a 21 year old kid.....

I heard it is to hot in summer.
Frequently 45c
It's not the heat, it's the power outages and those Vic mummys boys like to sleep with the lights on....At Moggs I heard they all cuddle up in the same bed, Gunston was barely of the tit when he was drafted and little Jake got scared without his daddy around
Tippett was just a campaigner

Only have to look at how childish they’ve been towards Lever requesting a trade to see what sort of club they are and how they must be run.

Good news is, they’ll obviously take the moral high ground and not poach players from opposition clubs..

Only have to look at how childish they’ve been towards Lever requesting a trade to see what sort of club they are and how they must be run.

Good news is, they’ll obviously take the moral high ground and not poach players from opposition clubs..

Are you and other that naive to even think the Crows have acted that way in negotiations with Melb,
Crows start with 2 x1st Melb counter with 1x1st and 1x 2nd, Then they Talk.
The deal will get done and rather quickly, unfortunately, the Media will not like that as they lose a story and a bunch of Gullible readers who believe everything that written. And if you want Proof how many different stories have been written about the $ so far he is getting anything from 750K to 900K which media outlet is correct.

The same with CC the trade will get done and done quickly, which is what the Crows prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back