Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

by hack journos?

don't give a crap the media haven't given us anything anyway -

Nah by your admin. Disinvite guys to B&Fs, strip players of awards. Double standards by going hard after contracted players and then complaining when out of contract players are targeted by other clubs or simply want to go home. Lowball guys with offers of 300k then complain when they want to go home. State that everyone has to toe the line on low contacts then throw 600+ at free agents... and so on. The whole "Tippet Thing". All things done by your admin not "hack journos".

Nah by your admin. Disinvite guys to B&Fs, strip players of awards. Double standards by going hard after contracted players and then complaining when out of contract players are targeted by other clubs or simply want to go home. Lowball guys with offers of 300k then complain when they want to go home. State that everyone has to toe the line on low contacts then throw 600+ at free agents... and so on. The whole "Tippet Thing". All things done by your admin not "hack journos".

half of what you said isn't even true - $300k offer is absolutely bullshit and just look at the brand management Lever has fully employed this week

what awards were stripped of players? remember Gunston left Adelaide 'and wasn't coming back' so wasn't even there to accept it

- i'd also like people to look back and compare the 2016 pursuit of Gibbs in terms of media reporting during the playing season - Please find me one article where the Crows talk about Gibbs - The first time he's linked to Adelaide was during the TRADE period -

Meanwhile Brisbane's senior coach has talked about one of our players moving to them during the season and Jake Lever was meeting Melbourne officials up in Darwin after our game..

totally different

Which award was stripped? Or did this just sound like a bit more cream on top

This coming from the club that gave us Dean Gore.

The 'Tippett thing'...that was before 'the Essendon thing', of which there are no execs left, and the CEO at the time has now been sacked from his 2nd club...

Got to be there to collect it...and his Mum wanted him home by 7pm.

Maybe the solution is to encourage the boys to get on the turps more like our neighbors. Seems to be working well over there
Calm down t'was just answering the question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had already left the city before the B&F and 'wasn't coming back'

not sure how he was supposed to accept it
September 12, 2011

"The Mark Bickley Award recognises a young player who lives to the club's values," Crows chief executive Steven Trigg said yesterday.
"It is a management decision - my decision - that as a football club we will not reward someone who walks out."

Trigg said Adelaide was "within five minutes" of finalising a new deal with Gunston on Thursday. But Gunston "walked in at 11am saying he was on a 2pm flight home".

September 12, 2011

"The Mark Bickley Award recognises a young player who lives to the club's values," Crows chief executive Steven Trigg said yesterday.
"It is a management decision - my decision - that as a football club we will not reward someone who walks out."

Trigg said Adelaide was "within five minutes" of finalising a new deal with Gunston on Thursday. But Gunston "walked in at 11am saying he was on a 2pm flight home".

What is your point? You have pretty much confirmed what I was saying

September 12, 2011

One word - Trigg

It's not the heat, it's the power outages and those Vic mummys boys like to sleep with the lights on....At Moggs I heard they all cuddle up in the same bed, Gunston was barely of the tit when he was drafted and little Jake got scared without his daddy around
Tippett was just a campaigner
Wow. That is some serious salt right there.

Please explain your incredible nightlife. Do you mean clubs or bars? Over a few months ago I was in the heart of the city on a Saturday night and your bars were closing at 12.
Clubs, music venues, bars- that's nightlife. Festival season aside, your beautiful town is a little sleepy when it comes to bands & dj's, all night debaunchery.

As far as pubs go maybe next time check out Fitzroy, Brunswick, Richmond, Lygon St., St. Kilda...
Could not find a good wine bar in the city centre at all. Pubs and drinking spots were ok. Come and try some Adelaide bars these days
Love Adelaide's bars actually.

Not a huge fan of wine though. Probs St. Kilda in Melbourne is your best place for that.

ah yes let's just announce the winner of the award is the kid who was too gutless to tell anyone at the club that he was leaving and hasn't shown up

there are legitimate things the Crows have done that people can troll about - Gunston not getting an award I don't think is one of them

ah yes let's just announce the winner of the award is the kid who was too gutless to tell anyone at the club that he was leaving and hasn't shown up

there are legitimate things the Crows have done that people can troll about - Gunston not getting an award I don't think is one of them
Look it's not trolling the question was posed and technically you have stripped a player of an award

Look it's not trolling the question was posed and technically you have stripped a player of an award

yes you are right you were just answering questions as such - the thread on a whole just feels like a 'let's s**t on the Crows right now' even though I think they are getting the rough end of the stick from journos who either hate Adelaide or have vested interests elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back