Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be an intetesting year for the SA rivalry. I can actually see both clubs in the top 4 next year, and pretty certainties for finals.
:cool: Sig bet for anyone who'll take it the Crows finish on top of Port though.

Gunston - homesick, genuinely, but ****, he acted like a dick when leaving so **** him
Davis - money
Bock - money
Tippett - money
Dangerfield - wanted to start a famiLy at home. Annoyed he left but I'm starting to move on on that front
Vince - needed back into draft after Tippett punishments
Griffin - opportunity (was behind Maric)
Maric - opportunity (was behind Jacobs)
Lever - money
Cameron (if he goes) - homesick

If we paid everyone what they wanted, we'd have no bloody depth.

And from what I'm hearing re:Sloane. If he goes next year, it's the wife's decision. She's doing a Rebecca Judd, she wants home. Chris/Rory would just follow.

I just wish the afl allows clubs to trade players without permission.
Could have received just compensation out of Gunston leaving.

On a case by case look at it, it's all normal. There's just been an unusually high amount of high quality. Does show we have good coaching to pump out so many quality players and still have more, but it does look bad.

And I won't hold a grudge unless you're a ******* prick when leaving (only boo Tippett Gunston and will boo lever. Dangerfield? I did, but as I said, that won't last much longer, as it was more disappointment than anger directed to him, By 2019 I'll be happy for him - first glimpse of that was mid year when he kicked the winning goal vs port)

Ps. I have so much respect for that Brisbane kid, Sache (spelling?) yeah, he wants to go home, but he's not forcing Brisbane to trade with one and only club.
You're calling Lever for money rather than homesick when your franchise lowballed him? He said he wants family and friend around… he's gone home…

When is the last time an Adelaide Crow left and played in a premiership?

Incidentally one of my all-time favourite defenders was a Crow. I'll give you a clue, he was a premiership player and left Adelaide at the same age as Lever.

Premiership player when he left Adelaide or became one afterwards?

I can only think of Sean Wellman, who won a flag at Essendon after he left....

was part of the Darren Jarman trade so worth every bit of it

----

also how has this thread not been move to the bay?

I mighta missed something here but when did jake lever verbally and physically abuse tex? Is this common knowldge? Or do you "know" stuff the rest of us plebs arent privvy to?

I know stuff that everyone inside the club knows and some outside the club also know.

Put it this way, does it seem to you the outrage at Lever is somewhat magnified compared with any other player leaving any other club?
And how the disdain seems to be both ways now, even though Lever would've been willing to stay initially for a better offer?

Is sloaneys missus from vic? Thought she was an sa gal? Shes definitely a natural in front of the camera...hosted the gf pregame stuff well. Is she a qualified journo or just someone whos taken her opportunity with both hands? I def could see more opportunities in melb for her, like Rebecca twigley who was a perth girl.

Im actually not buyin the sloaney leaving Adelaide thing. The guy might be a dog of a bloke on thr field but off i think hes 1 to stick around at a club. Is he that loyal to his old boyhood club the saints? Surely its not the same as danger where the only club he could move to was that cats as its a 40 min drive to moggs the rest 1.5hr +. Sure danger wanted cats because we were his boyhood club but would sloaney give a s**t? I cant see sloane leaving for *any* melb club and i cant see him saying "i nom saints" so i think hell stay but lets see. If he did wanna leave...faarrrk!

Premiership player when he left Adelaide or became one afterwards?

I can only think of Sean Wellman, who won a flag at Essendon after he left....

was part of the Darren Jarman trade so worth every bit of it

----

also how has this thread not been move to the bay?

If it was about Geelong or Hawthorn it would never have got to 9 pages, let alone 90.

Is sloaneys missus from vic? Thought she was an sa gal? Shes definitely a natural in front of the camera...hosted the gf pregame stuff well. Is she a qualified journo or just someone whos taken her opportunity with both hands? I def could see more opportunities in melb for her, like Rebecca twigley who was a perth girl.

Im actually not buyin the sloaney leaving Adelaide thing. The guy might be a dog of a bloke on thr field but off i think hes 1 to stick around at a club. Is he that loyal to his old boyhood club the saints? Surely its not the same as danger where the only club he could move to was that cats as its a 40 min drive to moggs the rest 1.5hr +. Sure danger wanted cats because we were his boyhood club but would sloaney give a s**t? I cant see sloane leaving for *any* melb club and i cant see him saying "i nom saints" so i think hell stay but lets see. If he did wanna leave...faarrrk!

Now I've heard it all.
Rory Sloane is a dog on the field...maybe you've got dyslexia and meant god?

Wowee slow down there big boy that is one of the worst calls I've ever heard.

2 s.a. Teams.

One coming off a grand final

The other barely a finals team

The choice for prospective players seems clear, but yet the opposite happens and they all flow towards port.

Something is wrong at Adelaide. The question is it off field or is it to do with the players?

Lets be honest, they're overpaying both of their big recruits (make that 3 if they get Watts).
We have a mantra that we don't sell the farm to get average players.

If there is a problem its in the back office, and certainly isnt the players. That is purely a fan's point of view.

I know stuff that everyone inside the club knows and some outside the club also know.

Put it this way, does it seem to you the outrage at Lever is somewhat magnified compared with any other player leaving any other club?
And how the disdain seems to be both ways now, even though Lever would've been willing to stay initially for a better offer?
It just seems like everyone at the crows had a massive tantrum none more so than tex and to save a bit of face its easier to blame lever. It sounds to me like everyone at the club knew he was off and lever was getting bullied. But hey, you know what really happened so maybe put your money where your mouth is and spill the beans or forever let the speculation rule this thread.

Now I've heard it all.
Rory Sloane is a dog on the field...maybe you've got dyslexia and meant god?

Wowee slow down there big boy that is one of the worst calls I've ever heard.
Mate i explained why hes a dog on field in your prelim thread none of yous would listen but i stand by my claim. He broke blicaavs leg because he was shitty he got tagged and he lined up danger in that prelim. Danger disposed of the ball by hand so the ball had passed and sloaney lined him up and got him high when he was open. Was a cheap shot but all your bogan contingent at the ground loved the spectacle.

It just seems like everyone at the crows had a massive tantrum none more so than tex and to save a bit of face its easier to blame lever. It sounds to me like everyone at the club knew he was off and lever was getting bullied. But hey, you know what really happened so maybe put your money where your mouth is and spill the beans or forever let the speculation rule this thread.

no club as a whole has a tantrum when a player decides to leave.
Its just garbage...

I have spilled the beans a number of times.

Mate i explained why hes a dog on field in your prelim thread none of yous would listen but i stand by my claim. He broke blicaavs leg because he was shitty he got tagged and he lined up danger in that prelim. Danger disposed of the ball by hand so the ball had passed and sloaney lined him up and got him high when he was open. Was a cheap shot but all your bogan contingent at the ground loved the spectacle.

Oh dear....
First its yous...I almost stopped reading right there.

Now he 'broke blicavs leg' and 'lined up danger in the PF' with a cheap shot.

Oh dear... This is up there for worst post of the thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear....
First its yous...I almost stopped reading right there.

Now he 'broke blicavs leg' and 'lined up danger in the PF' with a cheap shot.

Oh dear... This is up there for worst post of the thread.
Yous plural of you...its informal english dont get your knickers in a twist i aint writing a uni exam. Maybe you conveniently forget what sloane the golden boy has done youre too quick to point fingers at selwood calling him duckwood but at least hes a clean player he plays the ball not the man.

Yous plural of you...its informal english dont get your knickers in a twist i aint writing a uni exam. Maybe you conveniently forget what sloane the golden boy has done youre too quick to point fingers at selwood calling him duckwood but at least hes a clean player he plays the ball not the man.

Its not informal english, its just wrong.
The only people that say it are ferals.

Selwood is a ducker plain and simple.
Not a dirty player, but he's a cheap player.

Sloane is one of the cleanest players in the AFL. The incident with Danger was completely accidental, neither player could stop.

Lets be honest, they're overpaying both of their big recruits (make that 3 if they get Watts).
We have a mantra that we don't sell the farm to get average players.

If there is a problem its in the back office, and certainly isnt the players. That is purely a fan's point of view.

-The Salary Cap is increasing
-How different were the Adelaide and Port offers (if at all)

-The Salary Cap is increasing
-How different were the Adelaide and Port offers (if at all)

Well given Geelong got first round compo, that means its probably 600+ that Port offered.
Which is mental...reports are we offered $500k for 2 years and Port $600+ for 4 years.

Rocky I dont think we were ever interested in and apparently had chosen port half way through the year.

You gotta remember we're not just after anyone that will join (which apparently is Ports mantra)

Sloane is one of the cleanest players in the AFL. The incident with Danger was completely accidental, neither player could stop.
I aint a feral you arseclown you cant guage someones feralness by how they write. Besides i prolly maks more money than you anyway.

Well given Geelong got first round compo, that means its probably 600+ that Port offered.
Which is mental...reports are we offered $500k for 2 years and Port $600+ for 4 years.

Rocky I dont think we were ever interested in and apparently had chosen port half way through the year.

You gotta remember we're not just after anyone that will join (which apparently is Ports mantra)
My math says 4 years for 2 mill = 500k per year.
Your math sucks.

I see youve pathetically justified sloaney lining up danger what have you got to say about bim breaking blicavs leg??

I see youve pathetically justified sloaney lining up danger what have you got to say about bim breaking blicavs leg??

He tripped over and grabbed Blitz on the way down.

Seriously if you think he tried to break his leg, you need to put down the crack pipe.

There is a reason the guy is loved by opposition players as well as his teammates. Blokes that try to break other players legs do not get that kind of love and respect.

My math says 4 years for 2 mill = 500k per year.
Your math sucks.

And my maths says that doesnt equal end of first round compo.
So your maths might need a bit of tweaking.
Or have you found this new thing where the contracts are made public?

It has been widely reported that Port upped the offer and were already offering more years.

If they wanna offer a guy 4 years who may or may not spend the offseason chowing down on 40 big macs a day...then so be it.

And my maths says that doesnt equal end of first round compo.
So your maths might need a bit of tweaking.
Or have you found this new thing where the contracts are made public?

It has been widely reported that Port upped the offer and were already offering more years.

If they wanna offer a guy 4 years who may or may not spend the offseason chowing down on 40 big macs a day...then so be it.
I will believe afl.com before i believe what you say, because i have read a lot of unbelievable stuff from you with no backup.

STEVEN Motlop is officially a Port Adelaide player after Geelong declined to match the Power's four-year, $2 million deal for the restricted free agent.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-14/motlop-confirmed-for-port-as-cats-step-aside

Have you got anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back