Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

To quote you
"Probably not, but just goes to show the club does care about people."

Also irrelevant, but my post is relevant to your quote
Relevant or irrelevant, who gives a s**t?

Murray was not going to be delisted. If we did not come knocking would have been kept on the cat b list for another year
Surely the club must've have seen something in him, IMHO (humble) I think it's a gamble given he's cat b rookie and hasn't played a senior game after 2 years in the system.

I am confident that CFC knows something we don't and that's why they paid overs or so it seems to us.

So Collingwood this better f***** work, otherwise I'll gladly go up for an assault charge and punch the collective signatory's in the face

I'd be questioning the relationship there good Sir.

You get her a spanking new car

And all she does is feed you? An a pie no less?

That's all?

I think she should be at least spanking you back.... at least

:p

The spanky spank goes without saying good sir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood obviously thought they did.
Correct, it looks now it's check mate in favour of the swans unless this kid plays 22 senior games and has a blinder year and we're contending again.

That's seems to be the strategy from the club, a line breaking back flanker that racks up I50s.................................... in the neafl and seems the club reckons he can do the same at top level, time will tell

Surely the club must've have seen something in him, IMHO (humble) I think it's a gamble given he's cat b rookie and hasn't played a senior game after 2 years in the system.

I am confident that CFC knows something we don't and that's why they paid overs or so it seems to us.

So Collingwood this better f***** work, otherwise I'll gladly go up for an assault charge and punch the collective signatory's in the face
Sydney’s back line is pretty good, and difficult to break into.
The lad has only been playing in the back line this year, so still learning his craft.
To every time you draft a kid in it is a risk, reward situation, to me this is no different. He is what we need, and works it is cheap. If not it’s no different than a second round drafted bust

Sydney’s back line is pretty good, and difficult to break into.
The lad has only been playing in the back line this year, so still learning his craft.
To every time you draft a kid in it is a risk, reward situation, to me this is no different. He is what we need, and works it is cheap. If not it’s no different than a second round drafted bust
Just because some team has a good backline doesn't automatically mean anyone not getting a game in that position is good though.

Just because some team has a good backline doesn't automatically mean anyone not getting a game in that position is good though.
Did not say it was, but who is he going to beat out after just switching to defence in the swans if he is good though

Fair enough on Marley but Wells as good as he is he's no good to us if only the park for 9 or 10 games a year - need a minimum 15 if we want to contend
I'm tipping he plays 17 minimum this season

And if so, I know I'm going to be ecstatic :)

The spanky spank goes without saying good sir.
Good news then.

Just didn't want a good car going to waste, that's all

FWIW Jon Ralph rates Murray 26/28 for traded players likely to have an impact at their new Club. Says Buckley - not Hine :) clearly has a plan for Murray. Ablett rated 1 for impact at his "new" club.

With Sinclair doubtful for 2018 after soft tissue and concussion injuries ruined his season and Ramsay's future even more in doubt, Murray's selection makes a lot of sense.

Geoff Walsh on NAB Draft Radio last week, suggested Darcy Moore would be tried down back during the pre-season. This would allow Reid to stay forward. Our big weakness this year was our offensive pressure; we were simply second rate once the ball hit inside 50. How to rectify the problem?
If Reid plays permanent CHF with Grundy/Cox at FF, we would still need offensive pressure.

Elliott and Faz are certainties and whilst both are capable of turning a game off their own boots, neither are defensive beasts. How about Goldsack staying forward? It has worked in the past. Now for the remaining spot. There's plenty of love for Kirby and he could well fill a spot, but how about a call from left field? Could Ben Sinclair play forward? He has the pace and the defensive pressure to be considered I reckon. Has Ben ever played forward? Bucks needs to think outside the box in 2018. Provided Sinkers in still on our list going forward, it's worth considering a new role for him.

With Sinclair doubtful for 2018 after soft tissue and concussion injuries ruined his season and Ramsay's future even more in doubt, Murray's selection makes a lot of sense.

Geoff Walsh on NAB Draft Radio last week, suggested Darcy Moore would be tried down back during the pre-season. This would allow Reid to stay forward. Our big weakness this year was our offensive pressure; we were simply second rate once the ball hit inside 50. How to rectify the problem?
If Reid plays permanent CHF with Grundy/Cox at FF, we would still need offensive pressure.

Elliott and Faz are certainties and whilst both are capable of turning a game off their own boots, neither are defensive beasts. How about Goldsack staying forward? It has worked in the past. Now for the remaining spot. There's plenty of love for Kirby and he could well fill a spot, but how about a call from left field? Could Ben Sinclair play forward? He has the pace and the defensive pressure to be considered I reckon. Has Ben ever played forward? Bucks needs to think outside the box in 2018. Provided Sinkers in still on our list going forward, it's worth considering a new role for him.
Started as a forward. I still have nightmares of his kicks at goal

Sinclair started as a forward, he was utterly hopeless in front of goal and while he provided pressure he would rarely make a tackle stick, most opposition players just shrugged him and continued on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back