Why did North Melbourne chase Dusty and Kelly now?

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not agree with this.

Richmond went from 13th to the grand final with minimal tweaks in 12 months.
The Bulldogs went from 14th to premiers in 2 years.

We have entered a much more dynamic era in football.

Richmond had also spent the previous 3 years in the finals and hadn't lost a lot of significant players over that time.

4 of the last 5 years playing finals, and people act as is the year we missed is the baseline...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Absolutely. You lot are the ones that are experiencing some uncomfortable truths about your golden child.
He gave up over 2 million dollars to stay at the Tiges. I dont think anyone is feeling down about our champ. Loyal, one club player. No one wants to go to North even for $2million more. Let that sink in...

Absolutely. You lot are the ones that are experiencing some uncomfortable truths about your golden child.

That as soon as it came down to Dusty, rather than his manager, the decision was a relatively easy one?

Mind you, I'm not sure why you follow your line of logic, because if you're right, you had to offer over $2Million more for it to even be a close decision....

Dusty going to North Melbourne
images

Do you really believe what this man say's

images

Actually, a thought I've had about this is how ineffectual Josh Carr actually is.

After spending a year pumping up the possibility of Dusty moving, and enticing offers, etc. He ended up getting stuff all more than he would have done if he'd sat on his hands all year. The increase in offer from Richmond was almost entirely due to the CBA increase and a recognition of a Brownlow winning year.

Why wouldnt they?

The question should be why didn't everyone else?

Because not everyone has lists so bereft of talent that they can afford to throw that much at a player, let alone at 2 of them?

Reading minds is a gift. You're truly gifted.

What Gosha & others fail to realise is that Carr made those comments AFTER Martin chose to stay for almost double his existing pay packet (& a Puma deal)

The flow on effect of this contract can already be seen in the trade market where Richmond have ruled themselves out of the Stringer & Schache trades. "Going to the draft", is obviously code for "we don't have the money"

What Gosha & others fail to realise is that Carr made those comments AFTER Martin chose to stay for almost double his existing pay packet (& a Puma deal)

The flow on effect of this contract can already be seen in the trade market where Richmond have ruled themselves out of the Stringer & Schache trades. "Going to the draft", is obviously code for "we don't have the money"

If you keep clutching at those straws, one day you'll get hold of one....maybe.

but hey, keep making things up to make yourself feel better. We all know that truth and facts are alien concepts for North fans.

Just another 'let's troll north', but we will dress it up a bit differently.

I think of it more along the lines of 'lets laugh at North', and yeah, that's a bit sad, but you guys just provide so much material to LOL at.

Actually, a thought I've had about this is how ineffectual Josh Carr actually is.

After spending a year pumping up the possibility of Dusty moving, and enticing offers, etc. He ended up getting stuff all more than he would have done if he'd sat on his hands all year. The increase in offer from Richmond was almost entirely due to the CBA increase and a recognition of a Brownlow winning year.
It really wasnt about money that much as Dusty's performances would have had richmond increase to over 1 mill automatically even if Dusty managed himself.

I said it from the get go at the start of this whole charade , It was all about media exposure to try and gain support from the public and media exposure to put pressure on the government to allow Shane Martin back into Australia - Nearly worked

I don't know why Richmond supporters are laughing at North supporters. North just cost you $300,000 a year in the salary cap. I hope no other Richmond player wants the same pay rise. They just stuffed your pay scale.

$650K --> $1.2 mill = $550K x 7 = $3,850,000 just to keep a player that is already on the list.

But yeah, we are the ones who have been dudded.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why Richmond supporters are laughing at North supporters. North just cost you $300,000 a year in the salary cap. I hope no other Richmond player wants the same pay rise. They just stuffed your pay scale.

Except they really didn't.

We offered him 800-850K as a opening offer, then there was a 20% CBA increase (so starting offer is now the equivalent of 960-1020) and he had a Brownlow winning year, which was always going to put at least another 100K on it. Add to that what normal negotiations would have added from the starting offer and you're pretty much at the final $ value.

The best North can really claim is that they added a year or two to the deal.

$650K --> $1.2 mill = $550K x 7 = $3,850,000 just to keep a player that is already on the list.

But yeah, we are the ones who have been dudded.:rolleyes:

So if/when Ben Brown re-signs for North on an increased contract, does that mean North has been duded by paying more to keep a player on their list?

He was always going to get well over 650K, and the CBA has jumped significantly as well.

Except they really didn't.

We offered him 800-850K as a opening offer, then there was a 20% CBA increase (so starting offer is now the equivalent of 960-1020) and he had a Brownlow winning year, which was always going to put at least another 100K on it. Add to that what normal negotiations would have added from the starting offer and you're pretty much at the final $ value.

The best North can really claim is that they added a year or two to the deal.
He signed for 1.3 million. Plus the backdoor money richmond gave to puma to give to dusty. You now have less money in the salary cap than fitzroy does.

He signed for 1.3 million. Plus the backdoor money richmond gave to puma to give to dusty. You now have less money in the salary cap than fitzroy does.

Apart from the North Melbourne 'we desperately want this to be true, so we'll state it was fact' board, have you anything too back up any of these claims?

Apart from the North Melbourne 'we desperately want this to be true, so we'll state it was fact' board, have you anything too back up any of these claims?
Dustin Martin pretty much said he signed for approx. $200k less than the $1.5m North offered him. Then he made out that sponsorship deals will make up a lot of the $200k difference. Like everyone else on bigfooty, i haven't seen any documents. No one even knows the North offer was $1.5m. But reading between the lines, Martin is definitely earning closer to $1.3m than $1m plus sponsorship deals on top.

Dustin Martin pretty much said he signed for approx. $200k less than the $1.5m North offered him. Then he made out that sponsorship deals will make up a lot of the $200k difference. Like everyone else on bigfooty, i haven't seen any documents. No one even knows the North offer was $1.5m. But reading between the lines, Martin is definitely earning closer to $1.3m than $1m plus sponsorship deals on top.

No, Dusty's manager said he'd given up 'over 2 million', which over 7 years would be around 300K/season. TO my knowledge, Dusty has said nothing directly on the topic of money.

$1.3M figure has also been denied by several people who would know. (Balme, Gale).

So $1.1-$1.2 seems much more likely.

The 'Puma deal' as a linked 3rd party arrangement seems to have sprung up on the North board as well...Pure fantasy.
Sure, being at a bigger club will give him more opportunities to make money through 3rd party deals, (an idea North fans denied up until he signed), but I'm not aware of anything that would even hint at a direct linkage where specific deals/offers led to him signing as has been strongly implied...

In short, North fans are making crap up to try to ease their pain about being rejected in spite of offering so much more.

Last edited:
No, Dusty's manager said he'd given up 'over 2 million', which over 7 years would be around 300K/season. TO my knowledge, Dusty has said nothing directly on the topic of money.

$1.3M figure has also been denied by several people who would know. (Balme, Gale).

So $1.1-$1.2 seems much more likely.

The 'Puma deal' as a linked 3rd party arrangement seems to have sprung up on the North board as well...Pure fantasy.
Sure, being at a bigger club will give him more opportunities to make money through 3rd party deals, (an idea North fans denied up until he signed), but I'm not aware of anything that would even hint at a direct linkage where specific deals/offers led to him signing as has been strongly implied...

In short, North fans are making crap up to try to ease their pain about being rejected in spite of offering so much more.
Say it enough times and you might even start believing it yourself.

Thats what I find laughable. At least you get it.

Guys on this board are measuring their utensils and mocking North.....but I have no doubt North are making things frustrating for clubs and pushing up quality players prices up. Its not a good thing for other clubs that North are cashed up. Richmond wouldn't of had to of pay as much.

So people can laugh and mock all they want as we are doing the same even though we've been missing out on players :)

I love the North Fans on this board, Keep your chin up boys we really love your contribution
Want me to start quoting your contribution to the North board while you were crumbling/sweating when Dusty had not re-signed?

You were that desperate for someone to talk to as well...your messages were very cringe worthy on our board. ROFL

In short, Tiger fans are making crap up to try to ease their pain about their club low-balling their star player and then paying way over their budget.

EFA

Want me to start quoting your contribution to the North board while you were crumbling/sweating when Dusty had not re-signed?

You were that desperate for someone to talk to as well...your messages were very cringe worthy on our board. ROFL
Hahahaha Mate looks like you didnt get thejist of things , We tiger supporters love to give you poor clubs a false sense of security
whilst standing back and laughing at the result.

So fun playing with you mate, Your so special i almost feel guilty for doing it - But cant resist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back