Why did we delist grigg?

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha good one.

I love crouch in particular but let's not pretend he's anything special off the ball
Hes still better than Grigg, who didnt chase his opponent all day today either

He was/is a midfielder who's too small to have strength/size as an advantage, not strong enough a contested player to handle that and too slow to have pace as a weapon. A true jack of all trades with no mastery of anything trying to survive in a league that mastery is a prerequisite.

Margery medals are for those who sit in the purgatory of too good for SANFL, not good enough for AFL after all.

Jack Viney 1.78M 80kg
Mitch Grigg 1.82M 82kg

Knowing Mitch this loss today will absolutely be hurting. Thought he was a little harshly treated at the Crows but it’s a business and can understand their decision. Poor bugger is probably going to be off to Carlton next year aswell :mad:
A little harshly treated???? He wasn't picked up by another AFL team (even as a rookie) after being delisted, that's saying something......but I did thought he had potential at one stage but didn't develop any further. Being a 2-3 years older, he might have improved and will likely get another chance at a low club.

Reckon Viney got Grigg covered in skin folds as well. Grigg is more Stewie Dew.
Yeah, the interview he gave a few weeks ago, didn't scream, give me another go ...or that he'd be 100% committed to the fitness levels required at AFL level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, the interview he gave a few weeks ago, didn't scream, give me another go ...or that he'd be 100% committed to the fitness levels required at AFL level
Because he's a hard core landscaper and works hard in that industry. Pick up a concrete saw dickhead.

Hes still better than Grigg, who didnt chase his opponent all day today either
Look I'm not suggesting Grigg should be straight into our starting midfield.

But the reason you gave for why we dumped him was bullshit in its purest form.

Given we rookie a mature ager from the SANFL every year, do you think we will swallow Campo's pride and take the best available?

Look I'm not suggesting Grigg should be straight into our starting midfield.

But the reason you gave for why we dumped him was bullshit in its purest form.

Given we rookie a mature ager from the SANFL every year, do you think we will swallow Campo's pride and take the best available?
He was also a victim of our list profile, so no I dont think we will.

Someone will, and he does deserve it. But the reasons for his delisting were justified.

I'm not sure why they beefed him up and ruined his lateral movement. We already had clearance mids like CEY and Lyons not able to break into the side.

Well, beefing someone up has the goal of improving their contested game due to ideally

Jack Viney 1.78M 80kg
Mitch Grigg 1.82M 82kg

Jack Viney has the natural contested ability to survive despite, similar to Matt Crouch. Mitch Grigg does not have that ability which for his size is needed to survive.

The smaller you are, the more natural ability as a contested midfielder you need. There is a point that you become so small that you cannot survive despite.

What a travesty that this man couldn't carve out an AFL career, yet Mackay has played 200. What a real shame.

That travesty has nothing to do with Grigg, just Mackay somehow deceived multiple people into giving him 200 games.

No doubt about that. But he was much leaner when he got his first game compared to how he looked after we decided he was going to be an inside mid.
I just did some research on Mitch, Grigg in his draft year weighed in at 85kg and 183cm at the National Combine, played for Adelaide at 83kg and 183cm. He was a standout at the Nationals that year but tested poorly at the combine in the athletic testing [speed, agility, standing jump etc] but went OK in the endurance testing, probably why he slipped down the draft order to #41

What a travesty that this man couldn't carve out an AFL career, yet Mackay has played 200. What a real shame.

Shows that work rate off the ball and off the clock can have a fair influence on an AFL career. And rightly so. It’s a shame he didn’t want it enough, but he’s not the first nor the last to be a wasted talent.

Goal kicking mid who plays well in big games...can we merge this with the draft needs 2018 thread

Oh that's right, he's too slow and unfit :rolleyes:

How good would he be when he is fit

Goal kicking mid who plays well in big games...can we merge this with the draft needs 2018 thread

Oh that's right, he's too slow and unfit :rolleyes:

How good would he be when he is fit

He wouldn't be good. He is a great SANFL player and nothing more.

I liked him a lot as well, but really, he just doesn't have enough to his game to survive unless he's magically become agile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back