Opinion Why didn't you go to todays game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
I come in Peace...

Clearly you guys got ripped off at the death of todays game.

This is not a Troll thread...

I was wondering why there was such a low crowd number today. I know 2pm timeslot on a Sat isn't the best, I know Bud's out, and you're not going to miss finals, but I wanted to ask what your individual reasons were for not going to the game, or you did go to the game and why your mates didn't.

I've lived in Sydney for 20 years in Lilyfield/ Leichhardt next to the Anzac bridge (no traffic I can drive to George st in the cbd in 5 min. I know the Westcox M4 tunnel means I get get from here to Giants stadium in just over 20 min. I know the train from Central to the ground...

I just couldn't understand why stands were closed and there were empty seats in every bay that was open... in a venue that has a Capacity of only 24,000.

From what I can tell Sydney has about 65,000 members and GWS 25,000.

That's 90,000 members in a hometown derby, yet stands were closed.

Now, I have reached out to a contact at Giants stadium and told them I think their pricing structure is completely out of wack and their charging for seats like they are Manchester United playing at home. I've also heard that GWS members who can get into every game until this one were told they needed to buy a reserved seat just for todays game. These things clearly affected attendance...

I've also heard alot of other stories I won't go into because I don't buy the reasons.

I would like to give a fair overview of feedback if I'm asked, as to why this derby is probably the lowest crowd ever.

(p.s - try to give me opinions not questions, i'll be putting a similar thread on GWS board and I just want to gather evidence as to why people didn't feel like it was worth going... I dont want to debate it here, I'd rather debate it with Giants stadium.

I'd appreciate your specific reasons

Thanks in advance guys.

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I have no one to go with, and I live in Wollongong so it's far enough to be annoying. I've actually never been to any afl game.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't go to many games anyway but in this case I didn't go because I was at work. Only got home 25 minutes into the game so I missed the part of the game where the Swans apparently played some really solid football.

Firstly 15,000 of those 65,000 Swans members are Melbourne members.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am one of those Melbourne members. I reckon a very large proportion of that 15K attend our games in AFL central.

Because I live in Melbourne. I honestly don't get why there is an expectation for opposition supporters to attend an away game even if it is in the teams home town? Why the * would I want to financially support the scum from the other side of town or the league for that matter. Let's be honest, if I didn't love the club so much I would have walked away from the sport over the last couple of years because of the consistent bullshit we see. We could apply the same question to any of the Victorian clubs games including Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did go to today’s game but when I bought my ticket on Wednesday the cheapest ticket was $52 which I imagine would have been off putting to a lot of fans.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
like the bird flying in ever decreasing circles, eventually flies up its own a-hole and disappears

I was outside at the letterbox all week waiting for Ted , bedders or someone to mail the invite
Let's be fair by the time the steam boat gets across the strait and the Cobb and Co gets to you, I'd expect the invite to arrive some time in the next week or so.

Let's be fair by the time the steam boat gets across the strait and the Cobb and Co gets to you, I'd expect the invite to arrive some time in the next week or so.

I was going to suggest many stay home to follow my commentary on here during the game

But seemed arrogant even for me

I was going to suggest many stay home to follow my commentary on here during the game

But seemed arrogant even for me
Could be 30 cans in and a drivelling mess and would still be better to listen to than half the *******s we endure each week. Respected Brown as a player but * me dead, if you can't see that making no attempt to spoil the ball and just grabbing the forwards arm and dragging it down is not a clear free, give it up mate.

Could be 30 cans in and a drivelling mess and would still be better to listen to than half the *******s we endure each week. Respected Brown as a player but fu** me dead, if you can't see that making no attempt to spoil the ball and just grabbing the forwards arm and dragging it down is not a clear free, give it up mate.

Lynch has some abwiwilty as a caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back