Why do Channel 7 hate football?

In Adelaide today channel 7 are playing the Collingwood/Carlton game at 2:30 on delay.

Probably to encourage all those people in Adelaide to go to the game live instead.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
In Adelaide today channel 7 are playing the Collingwood/Carlton game at 2:30 on delay.

Probably to encourage all those people in Adelaide to go to the game live instead.
It's the same in Perth. Saturday afternoon games are always delayed, unless it's Eagles or Dockers, which frankly makes it pointless. Obviously intended to drive people to Foxtel.

isamedthegiants

Club Legend
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Why doesn't everyone (who's not a tight was and doesn't have Fox) just open up a crown bet account with $1 in it and just stream the games via their app for free?

$1 for unlimited free footy?

Simples.

It's the same in Perth. Saturday afternoon games are always delayed, unless it's Eagles or Dockers, which frankly makes it pointless. Obviously intended to drive people to Foxtel.

The annoying thing is I have Foxtel, but I'm at my gf's place today and she doesn't.

Use Foxtel Go on my laptop, you say? Fox Footy isn't on Foxtel Go.

So I'm stuck with using AFL Live on my phone. :p

Option B, get a new girlfriend :p

Seriously considering getting Fox installed at her place. Already has a dish. Free install and three months free with no contract. No brainer, really.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Channel 7 as a channel is nigh on impossible to enjoy, it's a very effective commercial network which exploits the product to its fullest, to the detriment of enthusiasts. The emphasis packed into each and every line rubs me the wrong way very quickly, appealing to lowest common denominator human behaviour with a market-based precision and evading substance where ever possible. Therefore, it's either fox footy (7mate viewers like myself luckily get lots of the fox games with state teams) or suffering through the main game coverage, maybe with mute and some headphone music in unless my team is playing.

And we've been saying this for a long time now. Several more years of C7 in the same vein kills me a little. That said, live coverage penetration into NSW/SYD FTA is a lot more satisfying than it was with Nine/Ten, even if the presenter attempts to off-put you wherever possible.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Channel 7 in general are absolute scum. I never watch anything on 7. Would rather watch a dodgy stream and/or catch a replay.

Its 2016, enough is enough, the footy needs to be broadcast in HD.

Its not like they can't afford it, they owe it to the fans, they are a greedy disgrace.

No shame
Yeah damn that free service you are getting for not being up to your liking.

How Australian, complain about a free service.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

isamedthegiants

Club Legend
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The annoying thing is I have Foxtel, but I'm at my gf's place today and she doesn't.

Use Foxtel Go on my laptop, you say? Fox Footy isn't on Foxtel Go.

So I'm stuck with using AFL Live on my phone. :p
I get Fox Footy on the Foxtel Go app for the iPad.

Channel 7 love people like you then, that's part of the problem, accepting mediocre production
Got foxtel

Godchin

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Fox Footy is worse.

Why do the special commentators like Shaw, Ricciuto and Brereton have to interject every single bit of play with s**t like "awww that's a great kick, Huddo" and "awwww he's gotta take that mark, Dwayno". Today I endured Dwayne calling West Coast, "The West Coast" for 2.5 hours. Despite being a big blurry mess and not being able to hear the crowd, I find Channel 7's telecast to be way more endurable.

In retrospect, Channel Ten's telecast was brilliant.

Lester Burnham

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
Yeah damn that free service you are getting for not being up to your liking.

How Australian, complain about a free service.

It's not free. It's packed with ads which influence you to buy expensive crap you don't need, or to watch soul-destroying shite like MKR which makes people passive and stupid. You pay.

"Free" is a marketing invention. Nobody called network TV "free" a generation ago. In fact, there was a lot of angst about the "idiot box" or "boob tube" or "television, the drug of the nation."

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
What I can not understand is how are they able to showcase a goal reaction in super slow mo, yet when it comes to score review its like a tribute to The Six Million Dollar Man?

Haha..excellent

monotone

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
same as every other delayed Saturday afternoon game

That makes it ok does it? It's not live, so don't say it is. It's called a replay. How can a tv station thats been in the business since jesus was still alive be that stupid. I guess we are in the generation of employing idiots that don't know the difference between his and he's.

Fox Footy is worse.

Why do the special commentators like Shaw, Ricciuto and Brereton have to interject every single bit of play with s**t like "awww that's a great kick, Huddo" and "awwww he's gotta take that mark, Dwayno". Today I endured Dwayne calling West Coast, "The West Coast" for 2.5 hours. Despite being a big blurry mess and not being able to hear the crowd, I find Channel 7's telecast to be way more endurable.

In retrospect, Channel Ten's telecast was brilliant.
As soon as I knew it was that turd calling the match, I just went for radio commentary.

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Its 2016, enough is enough, the footy needs to be broadcast in HD.

Its not like they can't afford it, they owe it to the fans, they are a greedy disgrace.

No shame
They don't hate football, they're just inexcusably bad at it. They weren't that great in the late 90's early 00's when they had it. They were better in the 70's and 80's when they had football/sports people calling the games and not fanboys.

It's not free. It's packed with ads which influence you to buy expensive crap you don't need, or to watch soul-destroying shite like MKR which makes people passive and stupid. You pay.

"Free" is a marketing invention. Nobody called network TV "free" a generation ago. In fact, there was a lot of angst about the "idiot box" or "boob tube" or "television, the drug of the nation."
So if its not free then tell me, how muh do you pay to watch channel 7?

Back