Why do Channel 7 hate football?

Remove this Banner Ad

Never going to happen. TV stations need to benefit from paying these commentators. If they offered the commentary option, many people would probably stop listening to the commentators, meaning the stations are not getting value for money.
But I can wish. :p

A thread slamming Channel 7 on the main page of Australia's biggest public Football forum, and only days later they correct the issue.
Thousands upon thousands of football fans have complained about Seven not being in HD for years. I've seen people complaining abiut it on social media and theirs been a long standing thread on Whirlpool complaining about this. This thread has definitely not been the cause of channel 7 changing to HD

Thousands upon thousands of football fans have complained about Seven not being in HD for years. I've seen people complaining abiut it on social media and theirs been a long standing thread on Whirlpool complaining about this. This thread has definitely not been the cause of channel 7 changing to HD
It's a possibility.

Television in Australia is a ******* disgrace.

We have a greedy cable network owned by a media conglomerate running a monopoly on live sports and premium drama, Streaming services which dragged their heels to purchase broadcast rights so we have a situation where content ownership is fractured and spread all over the place, investment for quality Australian drama and comedy content is at an all time low and hampered by asinine prerequisites and the funding for the major contributors in ABC and SBS is constantly cut, the commercial networks are stuck in a cycle of low investment s**t like the Voice or cooking shows that somehow still get huge viewerships which prevents them from ever trying anything new or daring and the sole free to air rights holder of AFL broadcasts in SD with a panel of absolute muppets.

It's a dire situation in TV land down under. Need serious change on so many levels.
Great post

And FWIW, I'd rather listen to SEN or 3AW for my footy fix when I don't go to games. I watched the game last night, but didn't the week before.

The fact it's the Foxtel feed is irrelevant, it's broadcast on C7.

The commentary comes from the Foxtel feed. All games are broadcast live on Foxtel. The commentators probably have no awareness or no care for when the Channel 7 happens to be broadcasting the match in a particular state.

The real issue I would think would be why the "delayed telecast" is still a thing. Didn't Demetriou come out a couple of years ago and categorically (and correctly) say that "live against the gate" has zero effect on crowd numbers (therefore rendering delayed telecasts pointless)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its 2016, enough is enough, the footy needs to be broadcast in HD.

Its not like they can't afford it, they owe it to the fans, they are a greedy disgrace.

No shame

Channel 70 on your digital television or set top box - 7HD. A clear and noticeable difference between that and the broadcast on the regular 7 network, ergo it's in HD.

It's been around for a few years, too. How do people not know this?

The commentary comes from the Foxtel feed. All games are broadcast live on Foxtel. The commentators probably have no awareness or no care for when the Channel 7 happens to be broadcasting the match.
Sure, but C7 do. I'm not blaming Foxtel. I'm blaming C7 for simply rebroadcasting Foxtel's feed without any regard to how its content will reflect on their programming and viewers.

Sure, but C7 do. I'm not blaming Foxtel. I'm blaming C7 for simply rebroadcasting Foxtel's feed without any regard to how its content will reflect on their programming and viewers.
channel 7 only has the rights to rebroadcast the foxtel feed they arent allowed to send there own team in to do the match whether thats pre match, half time whatever, channel 7 arent allowed

Channel 70 on your digital television or set top box - 7HD. A clear and noticeable difference between that and the broadcast on the regular 7 network, ergo it's in HD.

7hd started in March this year I'm pretty sure...

Footy was not broadcast in HD in Vic up until recently.

A new low for Channel 7. The start of the Geelong v Essendon game, they announced Patrick Dangerfield as the 2016 Brownlow Medallist. He may win the damned thing, but to say it before he's won it is just cheap s**t.
Who said it? Start a thread on the rumor and scandals board that it has alresdy been decided

Remove this Banner Ad

Back