Why do Essendon have 2 websites?

Remove this Banner Ad

because they were smart enough to relise that telstra are completely incompetent in everything they do, especially stuff that requires a little bit of intelligence, like making websites.

Just look at afl.com.au its shithouse

the bombersfc one is a site run by telstra i think, which they do for every club as part of their deal with afl.com.au (not sure if telstra design it but its the afl one)

Essendonfc.com.au is run by our club and is probably the best official club site around.

I think thats it anyway, if i am wrong someone point me out !

(and yes what GobacktoVFL says)

there is actually 5 from wat i can remember cant exactly give you the addy's but a few years back i found about 5

bombersfc
essendonfc
bomberblitz

I'll give you the tip - no one visits bombersfc.com.au....................and there is a good reason why

* It is rubbish
* It is rarely updated
* If you want actual news, everyone goes to the official site
* There are no interviews or media of any kind
* It took them months to update the playing list
* Basically it has no information on it that is of use.

When Telstra came on board and signed the AFL up to their stupid exclusive deal, the Dons refused to give up their own website. The AFL caved, as they do, and we kept it.

Now, for $10 a year, we get full replays of all our games (and you don't have to be Telstra or 3 or Optus or whatever to get them), and a decent, constantly updated website that presents the news from the Dons perspective, as opposed to the Telstra ones that reprint the same match report for both teams involved in the game. It's far from unbiased, but it's nice getting biased news sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Official Sites:

bombersfc.com.au: piece of s**t Telstra crap that is worthless.
essendonfc.com.au: official club run website- very good.

Unofficial Sites:
Bomberblitz: News, player interviews, forums, history, interactive B&F. Good site.

Bombertalk4: Grew out of Bombertalk which was the forum on Essendonfc.com.au that was shut down due to some ******** posters not realising that the club could be sued for any slanderous bullshite they posted on the thread no matter how many times they were warned.

Alot of tools thought that the club would stand for continual, personal, extremely over the top abuse (I mean criticism) of certain players on a consistent basis.

Third reason- poster called Bluey (if anyone was around Bombertalk at the end of last year when the forum got pulled they will know what I'm talking about!!)

Just someone who has more right to be here than you.

And stop asking stupid ****ing questions you ignorant twit.

just because you sit on your fat ass all day pulling yourself behind a compture, is that why you have more right to be here?

p.s what level did you get up to on your geeky game today f@#kwit coz that must be the high light of your day

When Telstra came on board and signed the AFL up to their stupid exclusive deal, the Dons refused to give up their own website. The AFL caved, as they do, and we kept it.

Now, for $10 a year, we get full replays of all our games (and you don't have to be Telstra or 3 or Optus or whatever to get them), and a decent, constantly updated website that presents the news from the Dons perspective, as opposed to the Telstra ones that reprint the same match report for both teams involved in the game. It's far from unbiased, but it's nice getting biased news sometimes.
essendonfc is the model of a club website. EVERY club should have one of this quality and value.

unfortunately, telstra does all the rest

There is a way other clubs can follow the lead essendon have set up.

I'm sure there's net savvy supporters of every club. Design a club website and submit it to the boards of each club. Then have that set up costed out compared to what Telstra/AFL is offering.

Because that is the secret behind what Essendon did in the first place. A young uni student came up with the initial design and operation of it.

Just someone who has more right to be here than you.

And stop asking stupid ****ing questions you ignorant twit.

Hey tossbag, who the hell do you think you are???

Why would you have any more right to be on a bloody internet forum than anyone else???

And what was wrong with his questions you rude ****!!!!

The first i knew the answer to but not everyone does and the second one i was curious about myself.

If you are going to have a go at someone for asking some reasanoble questions maybe it's you that should **** right off!!!!

Rude prick :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back