Why do foot ball fans feel the need to listen to football commentators?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 5, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
If never ceases to amaze me how much whinging goes on BF about commentators, whether they be Everywhere Eddie, Bruce, Tim Lane or Wallsy etc. If you're such experts on the game and reckon you know more about the game than them, why listen to the commentators or take what they say seriously?

If you don't like what they have got to say or their perceived bias, surely you have enough knowledge of the players' names, the game's tactics or flow, that you don't need listen to their opinion or description of the play.

Just reach for the remote and hit the mute button and watch it in silence. It is as easy at that and it will reduce your stress level to boot.:thumbsu:

Even better than just a muted TV is a muted TV and some music blaring out of the stereo.

I really don't need to be told that a team down by 7 goals 'has to score the next one to be a chance'.

Even better than just a muted TV is a muted TV and some music blaring out of the stereo.

I really don't need to be told that a team down by 7 goals 'has to score the next one to be a chance'.

Imagine if there was no commentry and you could only hear crowd noise. People want commentry however people also whinge all the time and are never happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back