Why do GWS get a home final at Spotless for the prelim?

Remove this Banner Ad

:p Whose not discussing? Just have to expect contempt from us if you disparage the best little club in the Universe. Last thread was moved. Think the OP lacked the skill to find it.

Oh what a Richmond supporter would give to be in your shoes right now.

Course they can but this is what... The fourth? Fifth? Thread on a prelim at spotless.

Can't people just find a thread that already exists on this and post in one of those? Obviously not. Need a new thread to vent about GWS. Need a new thread to complain that we have no fans. Need a new thread to bitch and moan about concessions five years ago. Need a new thread to just bitch and moan about our very existence.

There are enough threads already. They're everywhere.

Find one of those and post in them.

Welcome to the big league bud. This is how things work around here and no matter how many times you bitch and moan about it, people still wont use the search button.

Plus you guys are going about it all the wrong way, FFS you are in a Preliminary ****ing Final!!!

Welcome to the big league bud. This is how things work around here and no matter how many times you bitch and moan about it, people still wont use the search button.

Plus you guys are going about it all the wrong way, FFS you are in a Preliminary ******* Final!!!
Some serious wirk to do at Richmond, I would have thought. It's a competition dors anyone seriously expect us not to try and win it. Richmond is a matter for their club and supporters.

Plus you guys are going about it all the wrong way, FFS you are in a Preliminary ******* Final!!!
Richmond are ultimately a matter for Richmond. To be in our position they'd need better administration and coaches obviously. It's a competition surely it's obvious where gunna try and win it.

Some serious wirk to do at Richmond, I would have thought. It's a competition dors anyone seriously expect us not to try and win it. Richmond is a matter for their club and supporters.

Richmond are ultimately a matter for Richmond. To be in our position they'd need better administration and coaches obviously. It's a competition surely it's obvious where gunna try and win it.

**** Richmond, my point was they would love to be spoken about as a threatening prospect, not just ridiculed!

Have only won 1 their last 3 there and that was against Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the highest Giants home game attendance Vs an interstate team this year?

What is the highest Giants home game attendance Vs an interstate team this year?
Ignoring Manuka Oval games (which would be vs Richmond, 14974), at Spotless Round 6 vs Hawthorn, 13766. (Hawthorn was a similar crowd in 2015.)
So even allowing for maximum home fans attending a final and more interstate supporters travelling, I'd think a sellout of 24000 would be preferable to a one-third ANZ Stadium. Need to be realistic.

Ignoring Manuka Oval games (which would be vs Richmond, 14974), at Spotless Round 6 vs Hawthorn, 13766. (Hawthorn was a similar crowd in 2015.)
So even allowing for maximum home fans attending a final and more interstate supporters travelling, I'd think a sellout of 24000 would be preferable to a one-third ANZ Stadium. Need to be realistic.
Agreed, perfect capacity for the Giants at this stage. Will be a sell out with extra travelling Hawks, interested Giants supporters and probably swans fans who don't travel to the G if they make it that far. Any left over seats the AFL will make sure they go to locals in western Sydney for a look

I find it ridiculous really, Spotless Stadium is next to ANZ stadium, so denying 20,000 people a chance to go to the game is counter-productive IMO. If Spotless was in a different part of Sydney, then I'd say good move, it'll help build GWS's profile in their heartland. But it isn't. ANZ stadium is literally a ten minute walk from Spotless stadium. Weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back