Society/Culture Why do many Croatians have racist tendencies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Croatian teenis fans doing nazi salutes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/racist-goons-doing-nazi-salutes-bring-shame-on-melbourne-on-first-day-of-australian-open/story-fn4oejln-1225821002409

Every Croatian I have met has shown white supremist tendencies, one didn't consider anyone who wasn't "fully white" as Australian. So in his view you could be a white immigrant, but come over and be more Australian than a non white who has come and adopted the culture over many years.

Why is this? People have told me that they are less tolerant than places like Switzerland, France etc

Call it an unfair generalisation if you must but I have not personally met so many people of another ethnicity that hold these views.

What I mean is, all ethnicities have racists, but Croatians seem to be near the top of the list.

Why do many Japanese have racist tendancies?

Why do many Indians have racist tendancies?

Why do many Russians have racist tendancies?

Croats/Serbs tend to be more fiercely nationalistic as a result of certain events in the '90's than outright racist.

I've always been cagey about any race who's national costume is a polyester tracksuit f***en. I've seen the Croation Prime Minister wearing a tracksuit on official business f***en. Classy lot those Cro's f***en.

Then maybe I should start 100 new threads, all equally as relevant and pointless as this one right here.

Funny how racism's not worthy of discussion unless its white racism

I too have noticed that.

What they did was inexcusable, however China and Japan are as racist as anyone, just look at the racial purity of those nations. Something like 99.6%. Seems pretty racist to me, but people don't want to talk about it.

Good food though :cool:

To be fair the dispruptive numbers at the tennis are a tiny portion of the total in Melbourne. But then you've got the soccer too....

Is it the frustration of culture envy? The Greeks, Italians, Chinese and others are our beloved examples of working multiculturalism - a lot of people don't even know what a Cro is or where they come from.

I too have noticed that.

What they did was inexcusable, however China and Japan are as racist as anyone, just look at the racial purity of those nations. Something like 99.6%. Seems pretty racist to me, but people don't want to talk about it.

But then again you don't have groups young Chinese and Japanese men/ boys acting over the top aggressively patriotic (although most would be Australian born) at the tennis then do you? It is topical and it seems to happen most years at the tennis.

Sweeping generalisation here and ofcource it does not mean all of them or even the majority of them, but in my experience, people from the Balkan region tend to have a very short fuse and are quite easily set off. This was the case before the collapse of Yugoslavia, and may stem from the historic dislike of others in the region? Maybe it's genetic? Maybe cultural?

I thought the only people that went to the tennis were old women and little gay fellas. Now it looks like I can add laughable teenagers with great grandparents born in Croatia to the list.

Not a news story.

I thought the nazi salute was not to say "we are nazis" but to say "you are nazis" (meaning the security guards). Maybe I'm just naive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then again you don't have groups young Chinese and Japanese men/ boys acting over the top aggressively patriotic (although most would be Australian born) at the tennis then do you? It is topical and it seems to happen most years at the tennis.

Sweeping generalisation here and ofcource it does not mean all of them or even the majority of them, but in my experience, people from the Balkan region tend to have a very short fuse and are quite easily set off. This was the case before the collapse of Yugoslavia, and may stem from the historic dislike of others in the region? Maybe it's genetic? Maybe cultural?

You did when the Beijing Olympic torch went through Canberra a few years back. Every country has an element like this. Catch the tube in London on Australia Day and you see Aussies acting like tools taking the piss out of the English.

Fair comment. The Asians here or in Asia, even if racist, are generally shy and not louts like the Croats. But as far as race mixing, those nations aren't very tolerant.

The males in the former Yugoslavia are among the stupidest on the planet. While their wives are at home waiting for them, they'd prefer to go out and punch five types of crap out of each other.

The reason they're stupid? Their women are among the most beautiful on the planet. I know what I'd rather be doing.

Croatian teenis fans doing nazi salutes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...-australian-open/story-fn4oejln-1225821002409

Every Croatian I have met has shown white supremist tendencies, one didn't consider anyone who wasn't "fully white" as Australian. So in his view you could be a white immigrant, but come over and be more Australian than a non white who has come and adopted the culture over many years.

Why is this? People have told me that they are less tolerant than places like Switzerland, France etc

Call it an unfair generalisation if you must but I have not personally met so many people of another ethnicity that hold these views.

What I mean is, all ethnicities have racists, but Croatians seem to be near the top of the list.

Oy Not all Croatians are racist!

The males in the former Yugoslavia are among the stupidest on the planet. While their wives are at home waiting for them, they'd prefer to go out and punch five types of crap out of each other.

The reason they're stupid? Their women are among the most beautiful on the planet. I know what I'd rather be doing.

That is a fair call. It was amazing when I went to my Mum's village and all the blokes were sitting around in cafe's talking politics while all the women where working.

All the good ones are from Dalmatia

That is a fair call. It was amazing when I went to my Mum's village and all the blokes were sitting around in cafe's talking politics while all the women where working.

All the good ones are from Dalmatia

What village CM ?

My wife's family are from the island of Korcula, on the Dalmatian coast. Gorgeous women everywhere.

I would be fairly certain that most of those guys at the tennis are Aussies from a Croatian background. The many Croatians that I know which would be hundreds can be pig headed at times but not racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back