Autopsy Why do people ignore this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this Mason Cox missing a game because of a visit by Joe Biden?
Is it really so? If so, strange no mentions in the newspapers about missing a game for this?

As a generally take it on face value person, I'd be a bit surprised that he'd be "allowed" to miss a designated game. He may actually be carrying something, who knows.

Odd decision if otherwise he's good to go.

Maybe Mason is not in the frame (so to speak) with Clokes return to form and the current work rate of Jesse and the obvious Moore selection.

Seriously.
Government knows Biden is coming over. Asks AFL and clubs to send over the American contingent that got so much press. Gets told by our club that the most prominent US player is playing a VFL match after being rested from the seniors and can't make it for the sake of making a statement.
Yep that would go down well with the powers that be.
Reality check here
We are not Hawthorn and not even competing for finals. We don't get free rides from AFL HQ, on the contrary.
I love to stick it up to them but we have to pick our battles. This is not one .

Seriously.
Government knows Biden is coming over. Asks AFL and clubs to send over the American contingent that got so much press. Gets told by our club that the most prominent US player is playing a VFL match after being rested from the seniors and can't make it for the sake of making a statement.
Yep that would go down well with the powers that be.
Reality check here
We are not Hawthorn and not even competing for finals. We don't get free rides from AFL HQ, on the contrary.
I love to stick it up to them but we have to pick our battles. This is not one .

I thought top four in the VFL and him having an influence in the finals series and maybe win a Granny would be reason enough for him to play today.

Him baby sitting Biden is as irrelevant as that Crows supporter crying about our non guard of honour last night.

I thought top four in the VFL and him having an influence in the finals series and maybe win a Granny would be reason enough for him to play today.

Him baby sitting Biden is as irrelevant as that Crows supporter crying about our non guard of honour last night.
Important for us perhaps but the AFL and every official body involved laughs at our 'VFL finals has priority' complaint.

Important for us perhaps but the AFL and every official body involved laughs at our 'VFL finals has priority' complaint.

The AFL just fined us $1,500.00 for wearing the wrong glove........sorry if I don't care about what the AFL thinks about us.

The AFL just fined us $1,500.00 for wearing the wrong glove........sorry if I don't care about what the AFL thinks about us.
We got a lot of reasons to care.
The AFL let us off the hook in Carogate.
Our major sponsor screwed us over and withdrew over 50% from the senior team.
On field we have nothing to brag about.
And we should aggrevate that?

Not the right time to give the two fingered salute to the AFL and the rest of the world. Not in such a public fashion anyway.

It just that club accepts mediocrity and the brain dead follow without question. Reminds me of the Zombie horde in The Walking Dead where they will follow even if you jump off a bridge into the abyss.

zombie-horde_400x400.jpg

It just that club accepts mediocrity and the brain dead follow without question. Reminds me of the Zombie horde in The Walking Dead where they will follow even if you jump off a bridge into the abyss.

zombie-horde_400x400.jpg
Other side of the spectrum are the disenchanted who, regardless of the situation at hand., take everything as an opportunity to vent their displeasure with the current state of affairs . Preferably in a very emotional way to highlight their anguish.

zombie-horde_400x400.jpg

No, these zombies are saying "Gameplaaaaaaaaaaannnn! Where gameplaaaaaaaaaannnnnn?"

What's the point really? We have a player missing a game tomorrow to attend the Carlton match with a foreign politician. That tells you all you need to know about the decision making of some individuals within our club.

It was a great decision ...

... actually a "no brainer" decision.

Coxy turned down the opportunity to work as an engineer for an oil company so he can come and play footy for us. He's worked his butt off and done well. And as a result of his decision to play footy on the other side of the planet he's got the chance to meet his VP. Wouldn't have happened if he'd taken the engineering gig.

It's a bit different for Americans - they respect their politicians far more than we do. Couldn't compare it at all to us getting the opportunity to watch a Yankees game with Barnaby Joyce.

Wouldn't you want to validate his decision to play footy by letting him meet his VP?

Wouldn't you want to take the opportunity to reward him for all his hard work by letting him meet his VP?

Think about it - imagine telling him "Nah, sorry Mason, ya gotta go down to Frankston to play VFL mate"?

What do you reckon he's reaction would be???

And finally, watching WCE play live at the MCG isn't a total waste of time given we play them in a few weeks.

Are we a football club or political party? Our memberships pay the salary of Cox and the person that gave the all clear on it. Value for money wouldn't you say...

He could probably do with a rest anyway. I don't have an issue with it personally.

Other side of the spectrum are the disenchanted who, regardless of the situation at hand., take everything as an opportunity to vent their displeasure with the current state of affairs . Preferably in a very emotional way to highlight their anguish.
Pica you know that we only see some posters when they can take a big whack at the Club. So be it.
But when they do, as is their right, others can simply ignore, as is their right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol with some people taking this so seriously, just game, chillax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty much non issue. Whilst I'm at bit of a, better players play If they can etc, probably this (if true?) is very club driven, they'd love the publicity etc.

It's ok, it's not Treloar or Adams

yeh, however sometimes you get good players that make s**t commentators = carey
sometimes average players make good commentators = ling
sometimes good journos make good commentators = whately
always celebrity favours make s**t commentators = hudson

With all due respect, bucksboys. You're off your head. Lingy is a serial felatio giving, fence sitting, line tower. He is one of the worst commentators going around.

yeh, however sometimes you get good players that make s**t commentators = carey
sometimes average players make good commentators = ling
sometimes good journos make good commentators = whately
always celebrity favours make s**t commentators = hudson
they are all bad , the only part you got right whitely is a good journo

Is big Cox the new Harry O'Brien? :eek:

Is big Cox the new Harry O'Brien? :eek:

Yes.

Because Cox would have bent the VP's ear today on climate change, ending world poverty, decommissioning of nuclear weapons, legalising of marijuana, recognising all peoples of African decent, the plight of snow leopards in the Galapagos, etc, etc

Yes.

Because Cox would have bent the VP's ear today on climate change, ending world poverty, decommissioning of nuclear weapons, legalising of marijuana, recognising all peoples of African decent, the plight of snow leopards in the Galapagos, etc, etc
And bent is ear on the whole Malthouse Buckley sage ;)

It was a great decision ...

... actually a "no brainer" decision.

Coxy turned down the opportunity to work as an engineer for an oil company so he can come and play footy for us. He's worked his butt off and done well. And as a result of his decision to play footy on the other side of the planet he's got the chance to meet his VP. Wouldn't have happened if he'd taken the engineering gig.

It's a bit different for Americans - they respect their politicians far more than we do. Couldn't compare it at all to us getting the opportunity to watch a Yankees game with Barnaby Joyce.

Wouldn't you want to validate his decision to play footy by letting him meet his VP?

Wouldn't you want to take the opportunity to reward him for all his hard work by letting him meet his VP?

Think about it - imagine telling him "Nah, sorry Mason, ya gotta go down to Frankston to play VFL mate"?

What do you reckon he's reaction would be???

And finally, watching WCE play live at the MCG isn't a total waste of time given we play them in a few weeks.

"Americans respect their politicians far more than we do"

You sureeeeeee about that? Have you ever watched an american comedy show.. They get pretty savage

Yes.

I knew it!
I wonder if he got his thinking chair custom made considering his height...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back