Why do Richmond get 7 consecutive games at the MCG?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we saw this...it gifted Pies their last 10 straight at home, and the flag.

Its an absolute joke and no excuse for it.

We all know its a gift, its just been said so many times since last year that we're sick of it.

When you finish top 4 your draw should get tougher. Not easier. We don't need to hear excuses for it somehow being tougher...we all know that's bullshit.

Wasn't long ago 3 mobs Haw Syd and Geel were consistently finishing top 4 and their draw got meaner by the season.

I can only imagine the sheer horror in the Vic Media if the Weagles were gifted their last 7 in a row at Optus knowing the GF was played there.

My Miniature Schnauzer Max is pretty good off both feet as it is, but even he'd be hitting some reasonable form playing the same backyard every single week for over 2 months.

Of course its a gift … call it for what it is.

Last time we saw this...it gifted Pies their last 10 straight at home, and the flag.

We all know its a gift, its just been said so many times since last year that we're sick of it.

When you finish top 4 your draw should get tougher. Not easier. We don't need to hear excuses for it somehow being tougher...we all know that's bulls**t.

Wasn't long ago 3 mobs Haw Syd and Geel were consistently finishing top 4 and their draw got meaner by the season.

I can only imagine the sheer horror in the Vic Media if the Weagles were gifted their last 7 in a row at Optus knowing the GF was played there.

My Miniature Schnauzer Max is pretty good off both feet as it is, but even he'd be hitting some reasonable form playing the same backyard every single week for over 2 months.

It’s not a draw it’s a fixture. AFL handicapped it to make it as hard as possible for us in the first two thirds of the season. We have a tough run home irrespective of playing at the G. Look at the softballs WCE and GWS have in the remaining rounds

When you finish top 4 your draw should get tougher. Not easier. We don't need to hear excuses for it somehow being tougher...we all know that's bulls**t.

Why is this an issue now and not when we were losing?

Feel free to stop reading any further if your career is going great, you're thrilled with your life, and you're happy with your relationships. The AFL are all about money and the Tigers are a cash cow right now..Do the AFL want a GWS v Eagles Grand Final? Hell no, they want anybody v Richmond or at least Collingwood.

The fixtures been out since last November. Why are people complaining about it now?

The reason why it's like this is we ultimately paid a dues early in the season with traveling interstate and Etihad games.

I think you will find that there is little difference between the amount of MCG games Richmond play this year than Collingwood.

Correct me if I'm wrong (can't be bothered looking it up), but I think Collingwood has one more MCG game than us this year. I don't hear much complaining about them playing there.

I find this quite puzzling, given how the Tiger's went last season.

They finished on top of the ladder with the most wins, and were fancies to go back to back all of 2018. Many called called the, the best team of last year (which IMO is debatable), and they only stuffed up in the prelim. So, when the AFL were making up the fixture in the preseason, why did they give Richmond 7 consecutive home games to close out the season?

And what's even worse is that 4 out of those games are against interstate clubs - so it isn't a case of co-tenants playing each other. They actually have more games back to back against interstate clubs then they do Victorian ones. This is for a team that only lost 4 games last year.

How did this eventuate?
Our next 2 games are away games against Collingwood and Melbourne. Where would you suggest we play them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back