The Law Why do we have to house and feed this person for the next 40 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...kBt5IYb-QBZiBueYxbxBt4nwWlhn1Ckls&pfmredir=sm

By her own admission, only came here to commit a terror attack and ‘trigger’ the West and become a martyr.

Now we are stuck paying to feed and house this lunatic for at least the next thirty years.

Can any legal heads explain to me why we aren’t simply deporting this person back to Bangladesh immediately?

FFS.

We must be an absolute laughing stock to these people.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...kBt5IYb-QBZiBueYxbxBt4nwWlhn1Ckls&pfmredir=sm

By her own admission, only came here to commit a terror attack and ‘trigger’ the West and become a martyr.

Now we are stuck paying to feed and house this lunatic for at least the next thirty years.

Can any legal heads explain to me why we aren’t simply deporting this person back to Bangladesh immediately?

FFS.

Because she committed a crime on Australian soil and is locked up for said crime. Deporting her would not put her in prison in Bangladesh. The same as Shapelle Corby wasn't deported until her time was served.

House and feed is a bit of a stretch though.

• Banned
Because she committed a crime on Australian soil and is locked up for said crime. Deporting her would not put her in prison in Bangladesh. The same as Shapelle Corby wasn't deported until her time was served.

House and feed is a bit of a stretch though.

To be honest, I would be using whatever foreign aid leverage we have with Bangladesh, and just stick her on a plane and be gone with her.

This women should not be our financial responsibility.

We are talking about millions over the course of the next four decades.

To be honest, I would be using whatever foreign aid leverage we have with Bangladesh, and just stick her on a plane and be gone with her.

This women should not be our financial responsibility.

We are talking about millions over the course of the next four decades.
But are we talking about letting her loose over there? Surely for the sake of all humanity you'd rather lock her up here right? Couldn't care on the cost.. what is the cost of a human life? More than any cost it would be to put her in jail. She's not the only convicted person from another country in jail.

• Banned
But are we talking about letting her loose over there? Surely for the sake of all humanity you'd rather lock her up here right? Couldn't care on the cost.. what is the cost of a human life? More than any cost it would be to put her in jail. She's not the only convicted person from another country in jail.

Ok I’ll ask another question.

How long will it be until ‘deradicalising’ this little petal becomes the pet project of some well meaning progressive group who goes in there and tries to play the she was young, dumb, fell in with some bad dudes off the Internet, Shamima Begum card?

And let’s be honest, women’s jail in this country ain’t exactly like the women’s jails you see in US reality shows.

Lots of Tim Tams and Monte Carlo dunking, mummy skills powerpoint workshops, and yoga and cooking for meth head classes.

Like I said, I would just rather this women not be in Australia.

How long will it be until ‘deradicalising’ this little petal becomes the pet project of some well meaning progressive group who goes in there and tries to play the she was young, dumb, fell in with some bad dudes off the Internet, Shamima Begum card?

And let’s be honest, women’s jail in this country ain’t exactly like the women’s jails you see in US reality shows.

Lots of Tim Tams and Monte Carlo dunking, mummy skills powerpoint workshops, and yoga and cooking for meth head classes.

So a terrorist is jailed for a long stretch and somehow you invent some left-bashing exercise into it?

God some of you guys are hilarious :D

Probably never because she's in jail with a non-parole period of 30 years. As soon as she is released then she will be on the next plane to Bangladesh, if not prisoner swapped beforehand.

Yet another example of why we need the death penalty. The vast majority of Australians want it. Therefore, our politicians should reintroduce it.

Scum like this don't deserve the tax payer benefits of a nice warm room with all meals and health care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another example of why we need the death penalty. The vast majority of Australians want it. Therefore, our politicians should reintroduce it.

Scum like this don't deserve the tax payer benefits of a nice warm room with all meals and health care.
Her crime would not meet the threshold for the death penalty in all but the most barbaric countries. If you want Australia to be like Saudi Arabia, go right ahead.

Keep her here until she ages out of fertility and vigour and then send back to the cesspit that is Bangladesh.

FFS.

I'm happy for my taxes to be used to punish offenders to be honest (and also protect law abiding citizens from them).

Probably never because she's in jail with a non-parole period of 30 years. As soon as she is released then she will be on the next plane to Bangladesh, if not prisoner swapped beforehand.
That would be good but by then some of out touch with reality lawyer will argue that it would be unfair to send her home and she will end up living in Australia on welfare plotting her next attack. The only way to prevent this (until we are given a referendum to reintroduce the death penalty) is for the laws to change to specify mandatory life without the chance of parole for anyone involved in terrorism

That would be good but by then some of out touch with reality lawyer will argue that it would be unfair to send her home and she will end up living in Australia on welfare plotting her next attack. The only way to prevent this (until we are given a referendum to reintroduce the death penalty) is for the laws to change to specify mandatory life without the chance of parole for anyone involved in terrorism
I doubt it. It's the law that they are sent home. There is no lawyer on earth who could get that overturned.

Why do we have so many USA wannabes with the death penalty opinion? ridiculous.

So a terrorist is jailed for a long stretch and somehow you invent some left-bashing exercise into it?

God some of you guys are hilarious :D
She would have got 50 years but for the female sentencing discount!

If complete arseholes want to commit crimes such as this then why not build a prison in the middle of the dessert, big walls and let it be a survival of the fittest.
Escape From New York Baked Cheescake?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back