Opinion Why does Caro hate Hird so much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hva sher a

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2009
right in front of you
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Everton
Firstly I come in peace.

Secondly, my primary interest is Collingwood and to be honest the whole ASADA/WADA/Danks episode has bored me lately.

But it intrigues me why almost on a weekly basis, Caro Wilson takes a swipe at Hird in particular. Forgive my ignorance but why is this so?

Even when she wrote an article about Melbourne/Neeld a few weeks ago, one of the paras was a quick attack on Hird (and was quite unrelated)

This is today's latest offering of tripe.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ay-as-drugs-saga-rolls-on-20130614-2o9vt.html

I know she hates Collingwood/Eddie and Dane Swan was her favourite target last year but why Hird in particular? Why not Evans? or the whole EFC?

As an opposition supporter can someone tell my why?

Its because Hird lets his kids play junior football, and just how could you let your kids play

She knows it sells papers.

She has North hook line and sinker also, whenever she writes something about them they come out on the defence everytime.

BIiuC6NCcAASgzd.jpg:large

Maybe he reminds her of Dennis the menace. WIIILLLLSON!!
She looks a bit like Walter Matthau too

I think it's partly because she's invested so much time writing about how Hird is responsible for everything that is happening at Essendon that she is kind of obliged to see it through and keep pressure on him to quit/get sacked.

Imagine if the ASADA thing is resolved and nothing happens to Hird; she would be a senior reporter who has written countless articles (not to mention the TV and radio stuff) on how he must fall on his sword for all the awful awful things that he;s done, yet Hird is still coaching. She would lose a lot of influence and credibility if Hird was to keep his job so she needs to try and use her influence to force the club's hand.

To Essendon's credit they've been really good at ignoring the medias calls for heads to roll, the only one that has gone (Robson) had offered to resign but the club didn't let him until it was a suitable time for the club - the media had no say in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo it's because when Hird first became coach, he along with Evans weeded out Beverly Knight who continued leaking s**t to Caro. So effectively, because Hird got rid of her best friend and source from the Essendon board

Is there more info on this somewhere? I tried google but to no avail

Wish she would just retire so the standard of footy journalism could increase. She writes absolutely nothing, baseless innuendo articles that accomplish nothing. She makes countless accusations and calls for people to stand down for whatever the current pet issue is. She produces poorly researched articles that often are little more than blogs in terms of their actual factual content. Yeah we get it, she loves the Tigers and hates North Melbourne and others (probably including us).

Sells papers. She has her persona now, everyone tunes into what she says and wants to feel outraged. Why not keep doing it? She would be making a lot of money off it.

Personally she infuriates me and Im of the belief she would be better off dead, but it's the world we live in. These parasites are so engrained in society there is nothing we can do. Just got to hold your temper and ignore her

Caro's tactics as a journalist make it very difficult for me not to respond as a defensive bombers supporter.

My best guess is that she's a power hungry journalist whom enjoys manipulating the fate of well known figures in the AFL when they are defenseless; basically a tactic to promote her name within the industry.

Perhaps she relentlessly hacks at her subjects because she feels the credibility of this sport would be better without them; but then I remember if that were true she would have walked herself out the door by now.

Is there more info on this somewhere? I tried google but to no avail

I haven't been able to find anything either but to give a bit more info.

The board suspected that Beverley Knight was the one who was leaking the information. The board made a bogus story and I think nearly everyone but Knight knew it was made up. She told Caro the info she was given who then wrote a story about it. Knight was disposed and Caro had to write some sort of retraction or admit her information was incorrect if I remember correctly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back