Opinion Why does Caro hate Hird so much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly I come in peace.

Secondly, my primary interest is Collingwood and to be honest the whole ASADA/WADA/Danks episode has bored me lately.

But it intrigues me why almost on a weekly basis, Caro Wilson takes a swipe at Hird in particular. Forgive my ignorance but why is this so?

Even when she wrote an article about Melbourne/Neeld a few weeks ago, one of the paras was a quick attack on Hird (and was quite unrelated)

This is today's latest offering of tripe.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ay-as-drugs-saga-rolls-on-20130614-2o9vt.html

I know she hates Collingwood/Eddie and Dane Swan was her favourite target last year but why Hird in particular? Why not Evans? or the whole EFC?

As an opposition supporter can someone tell my why?

Caro is in general pretty bitter. Didn't she try to get JB sacked as well?

It would be nice to think Caro dedicating so much time and effort to this for nought (hopefully) will mean her leash is pulled a little tighter and her influence lessens.

Unfortunately I can't see it happening, but it would be nice.

Firstly I come in peace.

Secondly, my primary interest is Collingwood and to be honest the whole ASADA/WADA/Danks episode has bored me lately.

But it intrigues me why almost on a weekly basis, Caro Wilson takes a swipe at Hird in particular. Forgive my ignorance but why is this so?

Even when she wrote an article about Melbourne/Neeld a few weeks ago, one of the paras was a quick attack on Hird (and was quite unrelated)

This is today's latest offering of tripe.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ay-as-drugs-saga-rolls-on-20130614-2o9vt.html

I know she hates Collingwood/Eddie and Dane Swan was her favourite target last year but why Hird in particular? Why not Evans? or the whole EFC?

As an opposition supporter can someone tell my why?

She's had it in for him for years, but I don't know why. She even named him 'Fading Star' in her 2003 pre-season predictions, the year he made All Australian & missed the Brownlow by three votes.
I am not sure if the bitterness goes back to a rift between Sheedy & her father, and as a result, she hated Essendon..?

Yay, another Caro bashing thread.

She continually asks for our coach and club champion to step down, shits on his image and persists with it. She deserves as much criticism (nothing sexist, criticism aimed purely at her "journalism") as possible for her pathetic reporting and personal agenda pushing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah we agree on that but why Hird in particular? its obsessive.

Was it the Knights thing (because he was ex-Richmond)?

I think that has plenty to do with it, think Hird makes a big target for her too. Generally admired, whether an Essendon supporter or not up until now.

She can attack Eddie, and well, nothing against him, fair or not, some people already hate him, Swan etc in a similar boat.

I think Hird has had a pretty universal admiration, and she's taking some pleasure at finding a potential flaw in that.

V9oz5wu.gif

I think that has plenty to do with it, think Hird makes a big target for her too. Generally admired, whether an Essendon supporter or not up until now.

She can attack Eddie, and well, nothing against him, fair or not, some people already hate him, Swan etc in a similar boat.

I think Hird has had a pretty universal admiration, and she's taking some pleasure at finding a potential flaw in that.

I can understand the Eddie bashing - remember that Ed is also a media personality and has the ability to directly attack Caro too. So I put that down to a bit of professional rivalry.

And while I think Ed has been a great presi for us, he is opinionated and does use his media profile to push his agenda. Much like another much-loved figure Jeff K.

But I agree that Hird does have universal admiration. I'm not yet convinced he's a great tactician but as a player the worst I could say was tinges of jealousy over how he played so well on Anzac days. He certainly doesn't warrant the focused attacks by Caro

As others have said, I the turfing of an ex-Tiger (Knights) has a lot to do with it. Although I wasn't aware of the Beverly Knight incident. That sounds very soap opera-ish

Wasn't it Beverley Knight who came out with a 'boys club' quote recently after Eddie didn't get sacked? Pretty sure she mentioned the Essendon situation there too. I could be wrong though, but it would tie in with all of this.

Wasn't it Beverley Knight who came out with a 'boys club' quote recently after Eddie didn't get sacked? Pretty sure she mentioned the Essendon situation there too. I could be wrong though, but it would tie in with all of this.

If by "boys club" she is indicating she got kicked off the board due to being a rat, and by chance happened to be the only woman on the board at the time, then yes it is a boys club.

If she never leaked information she would've gone through the same process as everyone else in standing for the board and not gotten dumped.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story Bev.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back