Autopsy Why does Chris Scott hate the Tigers so much?

Remove this Banner Ad

That ol' chestnut ... you mustn't have been a Tigers supporter in 2013-14 :D:D:oops:
Yeah, bad call, Caro ... shocking call Caro.
Been a paid-up member for 44 years. Just not entitles like your good self who seem sot think he sets the standard as a member and supporter and none of us compare.
Like it or not, EVERY list has a good portion of recycled players, so it's a mute point.

First of all, dont be more of a fool then you have shown. No need to personally attack me just because your original post was so dumb, I had assumed you had no idea about the tigers recent history in our rebuild, that is on you, not me.

You claimed we were the top up kings yet ignored that in the preseason 13 and 14 we drafted a whole stack of kids, cut our list so deep it was close to a record at the time and we did it during the compromised drafting period. The reason we brought in mature bodies, as they would protect our kids as they developed and to be a stop gap to allow us to get quality kids in, without drafting kids with limited skills instead, just look at Melbourne and Carlton to show how "flooding" a list with kids with talent and swamping them with limited kids goes.

So dont cry when your wrong post is called out for what it was, it was a simply "look at me" post knowing posters would bite.

Scott get's to sit on a hefty loss for a while :)
there will be lots of reasons
I had no issue with them until
we were playing them at Kardinia and our odds went up at 33/1 and the Major of Geelong said it should be 50/1
I've forgotten specifics but just a lot of arrogance and yes we won :)

and things built from there

again us playing them down there , 2006 towards the end of the season , Richo breaks a wrist late in the 3rd qtr
and despite him sitting out the last qtr we pull off a smallish upset
well the Geelong reaction …."losing to Richmond …." they went close to sacking Bomber Thompson over it
so much carry on so much arrogance and what got up my goat was we weren't a basket case at the time

I didn't hold that 147 point thrashing against them , when you're on a roll ...

I didn't mind them winning the 2007 flag , thought that was honest and well earned

but they seemed to take great delight in thrashing us after that while against other sides they'd ease off after half time

and then the Selwood era , the sicken "free Selwood" at all costs , then add in a few easy ones to Lil Gaz and Dangerfield
and the carry on from Scott in the coaching box when the umps occasionally missed one or gave a very obvious free against them

and then the Lil Gaz I'll go out of my way to smash your head , leaping into the air , thrusting a fore arm
and being let off twice , twice add to that the sense of entitlement and sooking that came out of Scott and all people Geelong

Get St..fed and take your medicine

I must confess I am deeply troubled by the fact I get what Wooden has done there. 😂😂😂

Should I be equally troubled by the fact I was thinking an eerily similar thing upon reading Wooden's fine effort?

And it was midday and the closest thing I've had to a mind-altering substance is cacao?

I'm just gonna be grateful you saved me all the typing I would have got part way through and then decided 'nah, that's gonna fly like a lead balloon here'... ;)

We were the top-up kings.
The 2014 elimination final team comprised Houli, Grigg (admittedly premiership payers now, Gordon, Maric, Petterd, Chaplin, Miles, while the wider-season featured Matt Thomas, Hampson, Aaron Edwards and Stephenson.
How quickly we forget.
How quickly we have learnt from that - hence 2 flags.

spot on while i dislike the histrionics and dont agree with a lot of what Scott says it doesnt prevent me from looking at the whole of the picture and actually acknowledge the good along with the bad.rather than the blinkered vindictive crap that comes out of supporters mouths for no other reason than its the opposition.

Yes i think there is a sense of entitlement emanating from that club and its supporters,and i think Scott does sook it up at times but should that mean i just demean everything they do?

The truth is it took Geelong 8 yrs to build a side good enough to give em a dynasty it lasted what 6 yrs . Scott got there at the end of said dynasty but the simple truth is he had a limited time and window with that group due to age.

The simple truth is Geelong has been a well run footy club for a long while and they have done well to continue to play finals on a regular basis.
Its going to be interesting to see the attitude of our supporters when we go thru it and it wont be that far away as the vast majority of our better players start to enter or are in the veteran stage.

What is as rare as hens teeth around here is sensible rounded debate, instead all we usually get is some lopsided degree of dick measuring.
Do you mention dick measuring because you are concerned about the size of your dick? Is that why you think that is what the discussion has been about? It has actually been about how salty 'salty scott' is along with a large number of gsook supporters - as well as some gsook apologists on here.

Should I be equally troubled by the fact I was thinking an eerily similar thing upon reading Wooden's fine effort?

And it was midday and the closest thing I've had to a mind-altering substance is cacao?

I'm just gonna be grateful you saved me all the typing I would have got part way through and then decided 'nah, that's gonna fly like a lead balloon here'... ;)

Do you have any other symptoms Rayzor? ;) I think most of us could see what Wooden Robot had done, I just wanted to see if I could actually isolate the neural process and describe it for scientific posterity. I got a couple of favourable peer reviews from Sunshine and K31th so now just need to get it published in a reputable Journal somewhere, like the main board perhaps...😁.

I do love words. Next time though, feel free to give me a chop out and I might support you with all my will. Sorry, rather, I will support you with all my might. 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there will be lots of reasons
I had no issue with them until
we were playing them at Kardinia and our odds went up at 33/1 and the Major of Geelong said it should be 50/1
I've forgotten specifics but just a lot of arrogance and yes we won :)

and things built from there

again us playing them down there , 2006 towards the end of the season , Richo breaks a wrist late in the 3rd qtr
and despite him sitting out the last qtr we pull off a smallish upset
well the Geelong reaction …."losing to Richmond …." they went close to sacking Bomber Thompson over it
so much carry on so much arrogance and what got up my goat was we weren't a basket case at the time

I didn't hold that 147 point thrashing against them , when you're on a roll ...

I didn't mind them winning the 2007 flag , thought that was honest and well earned

but they seemed to take great delight in thrashing us after that while against other sides they'd ease off after half time

and then the Selwood era , the sicken "free Selwood" at all costs , then add in a few easy ones to Lil Gaz and Dangerfield
and the carry on from Scott in the coaching box when the umps occasionally missed one or gave a very obvious free against them

and then the Lil Gaz I'll go out of my way to smash your head , leaping into the air , thrusting a fore arm
and being let off twice , twice add to that the sense of entitlement and sooking that came out of Scott and all people Geelong

Get St..fed and take your medicine

I agree with everything you say apart from the flags being well earnt, there’s a Chinese swimmer who ‘earnt’ his gold medals too, their flags had a taste of dank about them

Do you have any other symptoms Rayzor? ;) I think most of us could see what Wooden Robot had done, I just wanted to see if I could actually isolate the neural process and describe it for scientific posterity. I got a couple of favourable peer reviews from Sunshine and K31th so now just need to get it published in a reputable Journal somewhere, like the main board perhaps...😁.

I do love words. Next time though, feel free to give me a chop out and I might support you with all my will. Sorry, rather, I will support you with all my might. 😜

when you get a favourable response from me , you’ve earned it:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You seem to post a counter point just to get a reaction, it's laughable. You obviously were not following the tigers in 2013 and 14 because if you were you would know why we had to top up with experienced Afl types and not just overload with kids ala Melbourne who were rebuilding the same time we did.

Don't be so obvious lol

Theres taking players who offer something and then theres taking duds.
Only Chaplin in 2013 can be argued we were protecting kids. We had Rance just starting to come into his own but Astbury remained injury riddled along with Grimes.

What possible good reason was there for bringing in hacks like Stephenson, Petterd, Lonergan edwards and Knights we didnt target one high quality mature player among that lot.

at the start of 2013 we had Astbury 22, Chaplin just arrived at 29, Cocna 21, cotchin 23, deledio 26, s edwards 25, Ellis 19, Foley 27, Grigg 24, Grimes 21, Houli 24, Jackson 27, King 29, Maric 27, Martin 21, McGuane 26, Morris 24, Nahas 25, Newman 30, Rance 24, Riewoldt 24, Tuck 31,
Vickery 22, Griffiths 21, White 25. Plus Vlastuin 19 and McIntosh 19 Batchelor 21. Not all were great players but fmd none were worse than those we bought in.

Why did we bring in more hacks like Banfield, Gordon, Hampson, and Thomas at the end of that yr having made an elimination final.The above players would have another season behind them along with a pile of experience.Hampson i can understand but he was such an obvious dud to anyone who had eyes.
We also bought in a young proficient player in Miles who just couldnt break into a young side full of 1st rnd picks and Lloyd from a minor league who ticked a lot of boxes low and behold the latter two turned into decent players.
Fmd we didnt need to protect our kids we needed to get games into them.

Nothing wrong with taking quality recycled players but fmd it seems we took a whole pile for the sake of it who were never going to take us anywhere who weret going to be there for long and just didnt tick enough boxes.

In some ways we learned from that diabolical mess.Only targeting proven quality players or players with obvious talent who couldnt get a go at their existing club, Players like Prestia, Caddy Nankervis Lynch.

At the end of 2014 we started to finally use our late nd and rookie picks properly by targeting mostly young players with all the right attributes and good form behind them, players like Butler late nd, Castagna , Lambert, Short, Soldo in the rookie draft, and not taking recycled battlers apart from one in Hunt which was always a mistake he just never ticked enough boxes.

In saying that though we got it very wrong at the end of 2015 Targeting Yarran who everyone knew had his issues and Andrew Moore another failed recycled hack.We did pick up Townsend though a bloke like Nankervis who couldnt get a go at Gws.
Do you mention dick measuring because you are concerned about the size of your dick? Is that why you think that is what the discussion has been about? It has actually been about how salty 'salty scott' is along with a large number of gsook supporters - as well as some gsook apologists on here.
No you have it wrong. I mention dick measuring because that is what the irrational blinkered ones around here always resort to.
I see you are out and about at the mere mention of it!!!! so obviously you think its about you, i suppose if the shoe fits.
And no again the discussion is about Chris Scott but in any discussion there is always two sides to it, quite obviously you get cut up at any hint of a debate that is two sided. and contravenes your childish view point on things.

Only Chaplin in 2013 can be argued we were protecting kids. We had Rance just starting to come into his own but Astbury remained injury riddled along with Grimes.

What possible good reason was there for bringing in hacks like Stephenson, Petterd, Lonergan edwards and Knights we didnt target one high quality mature player among that lot.

at the start of 2013 we had Astbury 22, Chaplin just arrived at 29, Cocna 21, cotchin 23, deledio 26, s edwards 25, Ellis 19, Foley 27, Grigg 24, Grimes 21, Houli 24, Jackson 27, King 29, Maric 27, Martin 21, McGuane 26, Morris 24, Nahas 25, Newman 30, Rance 24, Riewoldt 24, Tuck 31,
Vickery 22, Griffiths 21, White 25. Plus Vlastuin 19 and McIntosh 19 Batchelor 21. Not all were great players but fmd none were worse than those we bought in.

Why did we bring in more hacks like Banfield, Gordon, Hampson, and Thomas at the end of that yr having made an elimination final.The above players would have another season behind them along with a pile of experience.Hampson i can understand but he was such an obvious dud to anyone who had eyes.
We also bought in a young proficient player in Miles who just couldnt break into a young side full of 1st rnd picks and Lloyd from a minor league who ticked a lot of boxes low and behold the latter two turned into decent players.

Nothing wrong with taking quality recycled players but fmd it seems we took a whole pile for the sake of it who were never going to take us anywhere who weret going to be there for long and just didnt tick enough boxes.

In some ways we learned from that diabolical mess.Only targeting proven quality players or players with obvious talent who couldnt get a go at their existing club, Players like Prestia, Caddy Nankervis Lynch.

At the end of 2014 we started to finally use our late nd and rookie picks properly by targeting mostly young players with all the right attributes and good form behind them, players like Butler late nd, Castagna , Lambert, Short, Soldo in the rookie draft, and not taking recycled battlers apart from one in Hunt which was always a mistake he just never ticked enough boxes.

In saying that though we got it very wrong at the end of 2015 Targeting Yarran who everyone knew had his issues and Andrew Moore another failed recycled hack.We did pick up Townsend though a bloke like Nankervis who couldnt get a go at Gws.

No you have it wrong. I mention dick measuring because that is what the irrational blinkered ones around here always resort to.
I see you are out and about at the mere mention of it!!!! so obviously you think its about you, i suppose if the shoe fits.
And no again the discussion is about Chris Scott but in any discussion there is always two sides to it, quite obviously you get cut up at any hint of a debate that is two sided. and contravenes your childish view point on things.
Wow, you draw several unbalanced conclusions and declare that my point of view of things is childish. Is that all of my points of view or just those on BF. You seem to think you know me and know me well. You are both wrong and deluded. And you are the one bringing dick measuring into it. What dick measuring are you referring to then? Can you educate me and point me to those posts - or do you just have an obsession?

"What possible good reason was there for bringing in hacks like Stephenson, Petterd, Lonergan edwards and Knights we didnt target one high quality mature player among that lot."

no one is going to wet themselves over that lot now
and we didn't at the time
they were bargain basement gambles and in the case of Stephenson insurance

2013-2015 were building years for us , what quality players would have come to us

then we target someone that had shown good form at the highest level but had issues and was gettable

Yarran - wholly F didn't we fall flat on our collective faces with that one

despite that the list was improving , we finished 5th in 2015 ?

with the list improving , and I'd like to think recruiting experience building and lessons learned , plus we did start to see a premiership window opening
and the club finances and admin was looking better
we then targeted better mature players
2013 - 2015 saw us in the finals abliet no wins , but enough for us to be a more palatable destination , finally things started to come together

when we were down every one kicks you

now we are on top :)

Chris Scott rent a whinger, expresses grievances on multiple subjects.
Saturday night presser - Without any prompting, whinged about people critical of the AFL :'(
Now whinging about people that are criticising the players :'(

Chris Scott rent a whinger, expresses grievances on multiple subjects.
Saturday night presser - Without any prompting, whinged about people critical of the AFL :'(
Now whinging about people that are criticising the players :'(

Great to see Patrick Dangerfield taking his responsibility for minimising his own pay cut much more seriously than he takes his responsibility for winning finals. 😂

Maybe the question is why so many Tigers supporters have an obsession and hate for Chris Scott and Geelong?
Like, if Scotty is any of 'bitter', 'arrogant', 'salty', 'jealous', whatever, why are you all concerned? Especially those who are obsessed with Geelong and have been putting them down for more than a decade.
The bitterness of some who post on her towards Dangerfield is moronic and indeed laughable.
Ah the question people avoid.

I imagine Scott is thinking if Geelong had played Richmond at home these past few years, in line with ladder position, he might have added to the premiership he won in his first year with the Cats. You can imagine our frustration if we had to play finals at the Cattery.

I still think his behaviour in the coaches box knowing the cameras are on him is way over the top, particularly around umpiring decisions.

However, credit where credit is due. Foregoing his salary for the sake of his assistants is a selfless act.

The answer IMO is pretty clear cut and you obviously have missed it.

To answer your direct question, why did we recruit hacks ? During that period of 2012-2014 we were obviously dealing with a compromised draft, we had some quality and elite younger talent, obviously the big 4 but we were also nearly broke as a club during that time. We clearly decided hacks like Banfield, Gordon etc would A be cheap B have mature type bodies to allow us some flex in our experience come game day.

You have to keep in mind, during that period Grimes was always injured, Astbury was injured, ditto Foley. We also had players that were on there last legs like King and Jackson/Tuck. Dont forget, while we were recruiting hacks, we were still getting the best young kids that our picks and the compromised draft allowed in that time.

The above made us competitive, it allowed us to make finals in 13-14-15. Which for a broke club was vital, it allowed us to gain momentum with supporters and convert them to members which allowed us to start paying of debt which in turn coincided with more money our recruiting got a lot better because obviously we had money to pay for quality people and invest in our recruiting strategy.

Were all our retred picks great ? Nope but the overall plan obviously worked because we made finals in 3 consecutive years which was the launch pad for the success we have now.

The answer IMO is pretty clear cut and you obviously have missed it.

To answer your direct question, why did we recruit hacks ? During that period of 2012-2014 we were obviously dealing with a compromised draft, we had some quality and elite younger talent, obviously the big 4 but we were also nearly broke as a club during that time. We clearly decided hacks like Banfield, Gordon etc would A be cheap B have mature type bodies to allow us some flex in our experience come game day.

You have to keep in mind, during that period Grimes was always injured, Astbury was injured, ditto Foley. We also had players that were on there last legs like King and Jackson/Tuck. Dont forget, while we were recruiting hacks, we were still getting the best young kids that our picks and the compromised draft allowed in that time.

The above made us competitive, it allowed us to make finals in 13-14-15. Which for a broke club was vital, it allowed us to gain momentum with supporters and convert them to members which allowed us to start paying of debt which in turn coincided with more money our recruiting got a lot better because obviously we had money to pay for quality people and invest in our recruiting strategy.

Were all our retred picks great ? Nope but the overall plan obviously worked because we made finals in 3 consecutive years which was the launch pad for the success we have now.

very much so

I do recall Dimma being quizzed about our recruiting strategy and not going for a "big fish"

he responded saying (and I think this will be close to a direct quote but cant recall when) if you go for a "big fish" you invariably lose a few the other way

and that crystalised something in my mind , we were competitive then , we had developing big guns but we didn't have the list depth
outside our top 25 the others were long term injured or young project players that weren't AFL ready

the recruiting needs for both top 22 and list depth are constantly changing due to unexpected retirements and young players failing to reach the levels required and losing players to free agency

and our recruting guys seemed to have transitioned from list building to list maintain very seamlessly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back