Why does the MCG attract Seagulls?

Remove this Banner Ad

This plus once empty the stadium offers a nice quiet resting place away from the city traffic plus its easy to locate with the lights on.
as well as all of all the food scraps & fried food smell coming from the kitchens

They are 'gulls'

They are usually at the sea because thats where food is. They flock at the G because thats where food is. They are at the tip because thats where food is. Not rocket science.

On another note, when all afternoon games were 2:10 starts (i.e. a regular pattern) you would see seagulls come in droves halfway through the last quarter, anticipating the game finishing and people clearing out so they can get at the sweet, sweet chips inside. I said this to my mate that they 'know when the game is about to end'. He thinks I'm an idiot, I think I am not. I'm not sure how it is now with games at different times every week, but they certainly used to

With the wires still up it looks like the cluey buggers have worked those out - time for a roof on the G? First world problems & all that.

My mate and I were watching them during the Carlton v Adelaide game last week. Took til the last quarter before some of them started figuring it out and getting down on to the ground. Plenty of them though hovered around and didn't come past the wires.

My mate and I were watching them during the Carlton v Adelaide game last week. Took til the last quarter before some of them started figuring it out and getting down on to the ground. Plenty of them though hovered around and didn't come past the wires.

Most people go to the footy to watch the footy.Are you Aussie Bill Oddie ? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ever wondered why there are less seagulls @ collingwood games ?

answer - cause eddie's eaten all the pies

images

This would add some excitement to a boring game

Put some laxatives into food out in the parkland before/during a game for some of them to eat , and when the seagulls then fly around the MCG nearing the end of the game watch the fun and games begin.

I wonder if it's the same ones each year. They pass the behavior on to their kids etc until finally they don't even talk to those suckers who head to the beach for a meal. May end up with a sub species.

Why does the MCG attract seagulls? It doesn't. Cotchin had to be there, he was named for the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back