Why does the media constantly talk up Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

garygee

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Rugby Sucks
I watched the Saint Magpies game on Friday night and the Maggies only just managed to beat the Saints who looked like they had given up from the start. Saturday morning and SEN and Triple M commentators are talikning up the Maggies as Finals contenders and a major deal. I don't get it, Richmond gave Hawthorn more trouble than Collingwood. Is it because of the Eddie/Media connectionn and they're all sucking up? They're only just hanging on to the 8 ffs. Give it a couple more weeks and they'll be 10th at best.:confused:

Vegas.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2008
The beach
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, NYJ
When Collingwood are doing well, there is more money to be made by the media. If the media talk them up, they get more money.

wallyt99

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Bay 13
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Because they are playing crap footy, and still winning more than losing.

Because Mick Malthouse has a bloody good record with sub-par lists.

Because they will defnately make the eight.

Because last year in the finals they nearly knocked off geelong.

For alot of reasons. All of them reasonale.

Aristotel

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2006
X
AFL Club
Collingwood
I watched the Saint Magpies game on Friday night and the Maggies only just managed to beat the Saints who looked like they had given up from the start. Saturday morning and SEN and Triple M commentators are talikning up the Maggies as Finals contenders and a major deal. I don't get it, Richmond gave Hawthorn more trouble than Collingwood.Is it because of the Eddie/Media connectionn and they're all sucking up? They're only just hanging on to the 8 ffs. Give it a couple more weeks and they'll be 10th at best.:confused:

Watch this space...

meda07

Rookie
Jan 8, 2007
the nearest pub
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
storm
I watched the Saint Magpies game on Friday night and the Maggies only just managed to beat the Saints who looked like they had given up from the start. Saturday morning and SEN and Triple M commentators are talikning up the Maggies as Finals contenders and a major deal. I don't get it, Richmond gave Hawthorn more trouble than Collingwood. Is it because of the Eddie/Media connectionn and they're all sucking up? They're only just hanging on to the 8 ffs. Give it a couple more weeks and they'll be 10th at best.:confused:

wah wah you sooky little bitch why would you bother sooking about that when your team is 8-0 really!

Geelong are embarassed by their poor showing in the prelim final last year against the pitiful Pies and will put the record straight on Friday night

Yeah, cause the Cats totally towled us up during the home and away season game last year :confused:

pies75

Team Captain
Jan 20, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
storm & celtic

Personally, i'd be more worried about your own team's arrogance(read mark williams) coming back to bite you on the arse come finals time.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

purremiers

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah, cause the Cats totally towled us up during the home and away season game last year :confused:
agreed i cant explain it just seems collingwood match up and play well against geelong and i think this week will be no exception....cats in a tight one

rumblah

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 1, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Victory.
Personally, i'd be more worried about your own team's arrogance(read mark williams) coming back to bite you on the arse come finals time.;)

Well if were playing like that i guess we better not get in the way of the Pies or we may get shot by the Hells Angels.

See, its not hard.

agreed i cant explain it just seems collingwood match up and play well against geelong and i think this week will be no exception....cats in a tight one

I agree - all sides have a few teams that they 'struggle' to deal with, even if on paper they should win rather comfortably. Hoping for a close contest next week, rather then another Hawks type blowout.

Aristotel

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2006
X
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well if were playing like that i guess we better not get in the way of the Pies or we may get shot by the Hells Angels.

See, its not hard.

Could be worse...

You could run into the North Melbourne Kangaroos.

Go show last September Hawks...good show...:eek:

favourites

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Victoria Park
AFL Club
Collingwood
I dont see the media talking us up much at all... The more talk is on the Hawks and Buddy which is fine considering they are 8-0. The problem with doing so well early is it doesn't always mean you will win the flag. eg West Coast last year, Adelaide the year before.. Geelong at this stage last year were 5-3, west coast 7-1 and all the talk was West Coast by how much.

We are no where near where we want to be but the beauty is we have another 14 rounds to get there.

Mate you were the one bringing crummy teams into this, dont start crying just cause you know im right.

And... we did smash you too.

Guess it was unlucky it was only Round 7 and not the Grand Final you smashed us in then - Hawks supporters would do well and follow Cats fans lead from last year about keeping a lid on it even when dominating :thumbsu:

Rohan25

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Knicks
I watched the Saint Magpies game on Friday night and the Maggies only just managed to beat the Saints

Should Collingwood be ashamed by that? The Saints were 3 places higher on the ladder after all.

Saturday morning and SEN and Triple M commentators are talikning up the Maggies as Finals contenders and a major deal.

No they weren't. In fact, SEN said that while Collingwood may make the finals, they were absolutely no chance for top 4. I didn't hear Triple M, but have you heard Channel ten do a Collingwood game on Saturday Night lately? The only people in the media that talk up Collingwood are Collingwood supporters. Some commentators can barely disguise their hatred of them. Also many print journalists tipped Collingwood to finish last in 2007, and predicted another slide this year.

I don't get it, Richmond gave Hawthorn more trouble than Collingwood.

So should we revamp the way the ladder works? We could just get rid of the Wins and Losses columns, and just rank teams on how they perform against all conquering Hawthorn. Richmond, Freo and Port would now all be pushing for a top four spot, because they got closest to Hawthorn.

Is it because of the Eddie/Media connectionn and they're all sucking up?

Oh obviously.

They're only just hanging on to the 8 ffs. Give it a couple more weeks and they'll be 10th at best.:confused:

We'll see.

Also, could you work on your spelling? It's rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back