Why does the Melbourne media love Neil Balme?

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s sore from a cork.....not exactly earth shattering, considering we said that before some mouth breather decided to blatantly lie and state he has a knee injury.

The fear, I can smell it.

Did you follow the conversation chain at all... It really wasn't that difficult to follow. Not sure why you blokes are getting so defensive?

Jeez someone hasnt got over him leaving Collingwood.

Didn't care in the slightest really.
Seeing him loitering around another teams interchange bench and giving false injury reports would have been the least important change in history to me.

Malthouse's best coaching at Collingwood ('02 '03 in my opinion) came with Balme beside him.

Bomber Thompson's best coaching at Geelong came with Balme there.

Hardwick's best coaching came when Balme joined.

If it's just a coincidence then it's a pretty lucky one to happen 3 times in a row.

Balme tells the media only what he wants to tell the media but doesn't cop grief from them because he's well liked and mostly polite about it. That's a perfect way to handle the footy media.

Every team would love a footy manager who empowers and supports their coach, keeps it simple, signs the players that need to be signed and handles the media.

Yep...it amazes me still how people/fans get continuously sucked into the footy news vortex of hype and scrutinisation from every word uttered from a club official or player.

And finals time only escalates this mindset.

Balme is just a bloke who is completely comfortable in his own skin and has no fear of any question some rabid footy journalist rat corners him with in a car park.

Even at AFL level, footy clubs really are just a bunch of blokes chasing four bits of leather sewed together filled with air.
It’s not the U.N.

And clubs need men like Balme who have played the game themselves at the top level and know how to connect with players on a personal level.

He’s the right fit for RFC and the playing group and he’s just another important cog in the machine playing his role.

Who gives a #### if he didn’t tell the truth about Dusty when asked. What rule says he has to speak about anything to the pack dogs in the car park?

He’s great for Richmond but the only thing that matters in the footy world is what goes on once the ball is bounced.

The rest is just gossip seeking rubbish to keep people in jobs filling up webpages with words in between the ads.

Yep...it amazes me still how people/fans get continuously sucked into the footy news vortex of hype and scrutinisation from every word uttered from a club official or player.

And finals time only escalates this mindset.

Balme is just a bloke who is completely comfortable in his own skin and has no fear of any question some rabid footy journalist rat corners him with in a car park.

Even at AFL level, footy clubs really are just a bunch of blokes chasing four bits of leather sewed together filled with air.
It’s not the U.N.

And clubs need men like Balme who have played the game themselves at the top level and know how to connect with players on a personal level.

He’s the right fit for RFC and the playing group and he’s just another important cog in the machine playing his role.

Who gives a #### if he didn’t tell the truth about Dusty when asked. What rule says he has to speak about anything to the pack dogs in the car park?

He’s great for Richmond but the only thing that matters in the footy world is what goes on once the ball is bounced.

The rest is just gossip seeking rubbish to keep people in jobs filling up webpages with words in between the ads.
The strangest thing is the media then sook it up because Hawthorn and to a lesser extent Richmond didn't have open media sessions when Melbourne and Collingwood did. Yet most of the articles they write based on the media sessions aren't more than space fillers. They did write a number of excellent profiles of Melbourne players last week, but the media even know they won't be read nearly as much as the latest trade fantasy fiction articles.

Sadly we don't seem to have the market nor the talent for just one great journo who can deliver game wide analysis pieces. A 'Zach Lowe' for those who follow the NBA.

Didn't care in the slightest really.
Seeing him loitering around another teams interchange bench and giving false injury reports would have been the least important change in history to me.
Yet him putting his spin on a cork makes you froth at the mouth.

You lot need to realise one of best mates at Richmond as a player was...SHEEDS!

Can you imagine having the 2 of them working side by side?

The thing is, Balme did make it in coaching (check his record at Norwood) but, the Melbourne job was about the cattle (or lack of it) and he has become a man manager since leaving there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balme is an absolute jet. Highly regarded for a reason. OP clearly has no knowledge of football.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

0fe8dad5836390114304b1c1bc0bb6df.jpg

You lot need to realise one of best mates at Richmond as a player was...SHEEDS!

Can you imagine having the 2 of them working side by side?

The thing is, Balme did make it in coaching (check his record at Norwood) but, the Melbourne job was about the cattle (or lack of it) and he has become a man manager since leaving there.
That's actually not true. The 1994 team that lost a prelim to WCE, was the most talented Melbourne team I've seen (started supporting 1972).

Had a forward line of Allen Jakovich (injured during the year), Garry Lyon, David Schwarz (before he did his knees), Martin Pyke, Sean Charles (freakish talent). Had a back line of David Neitz, Earl Spalding, Brett Lovett, Steven Febey and Paul Prymke (a gun who was cut down by injury). Midfield comprised of Jim Stynes, Todd Viney, Andrew Obst, Glenn Lovett, Stephen Tingay, Andy Lovell and Matthew Febey.

Whoever stuffed all those smokes in your mouth needs to do something to silence those typing fingers because that was one of the more floggish posts I've seen on Bigfooty. Firstly, Balme wasn't a thug. Knocking out Carlton players is a community service (I would have thought a Collingwood supporter would understand that). Secondly, I just listened to the Balme interview about Dusty on SEN and he didn't say anything of the kind - he stubbornly refused to answer whether Dusty had an injury or not. Thirdly, as you're a supporter of one of the three clubs that won premierships immediately after hiring him I would have expected a little bit more gratitude. But now he's our premiership winning, Carlton thumping, press manipulating doorstop, not yours. So suck it up princess!

No he did. On the news, got quite stroppy with media for insinuating he was lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nope, he never said that. He was asked about his injury, he didn't comment on that, he kept saying he will be right to go on Friday night.

No he literally said “we keep saying there is nothing wrong with him and you turn up to tell us otherwise...” , and then and at this point cameraman unsure if Neale is about to belt him moves camera back, “how many times do I have to say it before you’ll stop”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Collingwood's boot studder is a muppet. Think I'll start a topic about him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back