Autopsy Why don't Collingwood have better key forwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't they have to nominate him? aka they didn't even rate him a national draft selection.

I always liked him at GWS. Had good pace for a big guy and a pretty accurate set shot. Was kind of one-dimensional but played his role and only lost his spot because Rory Lobb came on quickly, could ruck and was better around the ground.

Big discrepancy in how GWS rated him compared to the Collingwood recruiting team.

Yeah this is what I remember happening.

9th (s**t) and 10th (now also s**t) are level on points with 8th. 12th could be overtaken by 13th and 14th...

Anyway, serious questions need to be asked of Collingwood's handling of key forwards.

2011: Cloke on fire, Dawes providing a handy foil.

2017: Cloke ruined and playing for the Dogs, Dawes de-listed by Melbourne, Lynch been and gone, White been and gone, Cox not having an impact, Moore not having much of an impact in his 3rd year (still looks 14)

WTF happened in the middle?

Could of had James Stewart (Collingwood Father Son) he's been a very handy 3rd tall at Essendon this year since coming from GWS been playing the link up role well.

Not alot out there to recruit this year with Sam Reid signed up. Casboult and Tippet only easily gettable players.

Melbournes Key Forwards >>>>>> The American and the 12 year old
Collingwood has had a disastrous year, yet sit a game and a half behind Melbourne on the ladder. Just goes to show how people perceive success when it comes to these two clubs. Who are Melbourne's key forwards other than Hogan?

Melbournes Key Forwards >>>>>> The American and the 12 year old
Hey the 12 year old has done well, he's the least of our worries. He just needs more support.

Oh ffs I've been saying the same thing about Cloke our handling of key forwards is utter crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Buckley is sticking around. In the end, I don't think it's a bad decision.

However, Collingwood's first-rounder this year must go on a key forward, right?

If it's pick 6, that could perhaps get them Jarrod Brander.

Well, Buckley is sticking around. In the end, I don't think it's a bad decision.

However, Collingwood's first-rounder this year must go on a key forward, right?

If it's pick 6, that could perhaps get them Jarrod Brander.
I'd personally go best available irrespective of position. We need guns, and if that's midfielders, so be it, that means more power at a potential trade table in the future.

I think Collingwood needs to target a developed key position forward and throw a blank cheque book at him.

I'd personally go best available irrespective of position. We need guns, and if that's midfielders, so be it, that means more power at a potential trade table in the future.

I think Collingwood needs to target a developed key position forward and throw a blank cheque book at him.
Well, that would also probably cost your first-rounder in a trade, wouldn't it?

Unless you're getting Levi Casboult as a free agent.

We cant afford to go another mid . Would be absolute stupidity. We have enough depth for mids and the age of those mids isn't that bad either.

We need to focus on KP or we are setting ourselves back again , I mean look at lions. They had and still do have such an unbalanced with putting all their eggs in mids.

Well, that would also probably cost your first-rounder in a trade, wouldn't it?

Unless you're getting Levi Casboult as a free agent.
When I talk developed KPFs, definitely not referring to a QLynch, J White or L Casboult. I'm thinking a Tom Lynch type of catch, which would cost a little more. (or as a FA next year)

You reckon Kennedy could be deemed as surplus for your next tilt if you don't go far this season? :drunk:

We cant afford to go another mid . Would be absolute stupidity. We have enough depth for mids and the age of those mids isn't that bad either.

We need to focus on KP or we are setting ourselves back again , I mean look at lions. They had and still do have such an unbalanced with putting all their eggs in mids.
That's true. I also don't want another Beau Dowler though.

When I talk developed KPFs, definitely not referring to a QLynch, J White or L Casboult. I'm thinking a Tom Lynch type of catch, which would cost a little more. (or as a FA next year)
That'll cost plenty.

You reckon Kennedy could be deemed as surplus for your next tilt if you don't go far this season? :drunk:
Unlikely.

That'll cost plenty
I think he's a RFA next year. If it was this year, you'd think with the state GC is in, he'd be as good as gone. Hopefully he is as easily entertained at the end of 2018.

In regards to Kennedy - are there any young KPFs out at the Eagles not getting a gig because of him?

As a 30yo, if Simpson does believe a rebuild is required, it wouldn't be such a silly thing to cash in on him whilst there is currency. A Collingwood/Carlton/WB would pay stupidly for someone like him in their forward lines.

In regards to Kennedy - are there any young KPFs out at the Eagles not getting a gig because of him?
Fraser McInnes is the only one in that category.

As a 30yo, if Simpson does believe a rebuild is required, it wouldn't be such a silly thing to cash in on him whilst there is currency. A Collingwood/Carlton/WB would pay stupidly for someone like him in their forward lines.
Fanciful.

Simpson isn't rebuilding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back