Autopsy Why don't Collingwood have better key forwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say no hope. If things click for us in 2018 we could sneak a spot in the 8 but overall I would judge the talent on our list being in the bottom half of the competition
Agreed and will continue if our development does not improve, you'd have to agree that externally at least the club is actively putting things in place to improve that and you'd also have to agree that this is different to the last 4 years where it seems the club just sat on its hands and trumpeted to the world "look at us we're Collingwood" while hoping in desperation the planets would align. I view your opinion as leaning toward a pessimistic one and the result you forsee for the club and our opposition would suggest we have virtually nil improvement to come in the short to medium term.

Agreed and will continue if our development does not improve, you'd have to agree that externally at least the club is actively putting things in place to improve that and you'd also have to agree that this is different to the last 4 years where it seems the club just sat on its hands and trumpeted to the world "look at us we're Collingwood" while hoping in desperation the planets would align. I view your opinion as leaning toward a pessimistic one and the result you forsee for the club and our opposition would suggest we have virtually nil improvement to come in the short to medium term.
Yeah thats pretty close to the mark. These are all best guess but I dont see us improving our ladder position and standing as the most likely outcome for 2018. I think most of the lists around us have more potential in them and not many of those above us look like falling much. I feel we are more on the rebuild path but havent quite embraced the idea yet.

Yeah thats pretty close to the mark. These are all best guess but I dont see us improving our ladder position and standing as the most likely outcome for 2018. I think most of the lists around us have more potential in them and not many of those above us look like falling much. I feel we are more on the rebuild path but havent quite embraced the idea yet.
Going by the off field acquisitions I say the club rates the list and are looking at tweaking for continuity reasons and therefore you'd be in disagreement with them. IMO I reckon we'll develop better and therefore improve gamewise and position as there we get a good forward

Going by the off field acquisitions I say the club rates the list and are looking at tweaking for continuity reasons and therefore you'd be in disagreement with them. IMO I reckon we'll develop better and therefore improve gamewise and position as there we get a good forward
I am not the expert so I hope to be shown up and the club be right. Rapt if that's the case.

Lynch won't make a difference. Some deep seeded issues at Collingwood, patching them up with players just serves to divert from the real issues...
Fast turning into the old Melbourne at this rate. Agree re the issues at the club, lots going on and the short term future may not be bright. Treloar, Adams, Aish, Hoskin-Elliott. All big midfield recruits that are pretty overrated. Pendlebury your best player followed by Sidebottom.

Dislodging Eddie needs to come under serious consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fast turning into the old Melbourne at this rate. Agree re the issues at the club, lots going on and the short term future may not be bright. Treloar, Adams, Aish, Hoskin-Elliott. All big midfield recruits that are pretty overrated. Pendlebury your best player followed by Sidebottom.

Dislodging Eddie needs to come under serious consideration.
Other than Aish all the players named are going alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back