Why don't men look as good as they did decades ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

I presumed this was a thread where we could hide pictures of women we find attractive that others don't etc. Put the words 'men' and 'not as good looking' and no-one would look to see if any offensive material is in this thread.

I mean, imagine a thread with the heading 'why don't women look as good as they did decades ago' - would be deleted within a minute.

spot the incel mra

I presumed this was a thread where we could hide pictures of women we find attractive that others don't etc. Put the words 'men' and 'not as good looking' and no-one would look to see if any offensive material is in this thread.

I mean, imagine a thread with the heading 'why don't women look as good as they did decades ago' - would be deleted within a minute.
1558061512052.png

A lot of female comedians seems tot focus on self depreciating humour regarding their figures, I wonder if this has led to not only an acceptance but also celebration of looking average.

Men also will joke about being fat or hairy but nobody actually wants to be fat or hairy, nor is it celebrated.
Average is now 'celebrated' by some women with 'dad bods'. Though I have my own very non-PC view on what's really behind 'dad bod's'. I think for most women saying they like dad bod's, they'd prefer Fight Club Brad Pitt, then if he'd been 'Beer Guzzling' Club Brad Pitt and soft, even if it's only subconsciously.

Dad bods is a brilliant marketing move though, by women FOR women IMO. I think dad bod's are a combination of 'If I say I like you with some softness then please, please don't call me out on being unhealthily overweight in return' and it's related 'since I'm letting you let go of yourself without guilt, I can now let go of myself without guilt'.

Also it seems woman don't really have a floor of how skinny they can be, whereas guys will definitely be a subject of ridicule if they are too thin. At 6 foot and 65 kilos I've often been called skinny by average bodied 80 - 90kg types like it's a bad thing.
I remember from when I was 18 to near 40 and went from all of around that 65kg mark to 70ish I'd get similar comments. Even these days at 75kg at 6"1 (unless at the beach when it's clear I'm lean rather than skinny) I'll still get occasionally. I think it's a mixture of jealousy, with the assumption you eat like s**t, but 'get away with it' and it's associated resentment 'why can't I'. Outside of maybe close male relatives, guys just don't really worry about the health of other guys due to weight. It's the passive aggressive dig to drag you down to their level, rather than look in the mirror and do something themselves.

I was watching one of those ABC Rewind things from the 1960s and I noticed that the men's faces and voices and accents are so different to anything you'd hear today. I don't think I've ever seen a modern young man who talks and looks like a young man from the 50s or 60s. Whatever happened to that classic look? Not 'pretty' but visibly masculine. All I see today are chipmunk cheeks, overbites, s**tty beards. Occasionally I will see a guy with defined jaw/cheekbones but they inevitably seem to be some skinny cello player at WAAPA. You're wasting your genetics ffs!

And what about the body? For all that talk a decade or so ago about 'aesthetics' and pumping your body full of s**t to get huge, I reckon the average in shape bloke from the 50s looks better. They don't have the defined pecs or biceps or washboard abs, but they look way more solid, sturdy and healthy than your average gym goer. Seriously, how do i get a body like this?

59b5714a0a08d24a7b26652e6505c0f2.jpg

Chest00c.jpg

SHORPY_7494455888.jpg

I reckon you'd have to go to a 3rd world country and find manual labourers to still see figures like this inthe modern day.

It's just depressing, all I see now are blokes with filthy beards powdered with entrails of chicken twisties, Quiksilver boardies with matching thongs, blokes in their 30s who have already embraced the beer gut and unkempt look. Where is the pride, health, hygiene?

interesting choice of example for 'ideal body' with the first pic, the second guy has man breasts ffs. the black and white makes them look slimmer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back