Why don't we have a Rioli?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo doesn't play permanent crumbing FPs.

The closet thing we have is Clay Smith who is more sledgehammer than scalpel. When a Rioli kicks 4 goals in a prelim, get back to me :cool:
A Rioli did that last year;)

It is incredible how a family in such a small remote community seems to just churn them out at will.

Another one coming in a couple of years but father son, if he's no good we will share.

I have been following the Bulldogs for 52 years and in that time I can only remember two Aboriginal players Les Bamblett Micheal Mclean Thats pretty sad

I have been following the Bulldogs for 52 years and in that time I can only remember two Aboriginal players Les Bamblett Micheal Mclean Thats pretty sad
Charlie Stewart was the first aboriginal player i saw and have wanted more at our club ever since. Admired his movement and skill and can still remember him over 50 years later. Mark West running into goal at the city end in the prelim, kick it to us, no, it faded at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, looks unlikely we will be able to get our hands on him as he is eligible to be F/S for Fremantle and Richmond.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes he’s already moved down to Melbourne with his schooling organised by Richmond.
Club is very excited by what his shown, the only worry is that he has had a hard time with the expectation of his name.
s**t thing is most of them will be eligible to go to Essendon through the academy now:(
Daniels brother is meant to be a fair bit better then Daniel at the same age.

We've had our share of indigenous players over the years but to my knowledge none have played over 50 games with the club and finished their VFL/AFL careers with us. That's a terrible history and something we can hopefully change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back