why geelong get the most free kicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
a number of people on bigfooty seem to have this belief that the reason why geelong get more frees than any other side is because they stage for free kicks and because the umpires are star struck

lets just think about this logicaly , geelong have been leading the free kick count for the last 3 years, if the reason for this was geelong players staging for free kicks and umpires being start struck the afl would of picked this up a long time ago , do you honestly think that if this idea has gone through all of your minds that it hasnt gone through the minds of those in the umpire department ?

the reason geelong get the most frees is all to do with the style of geelongs play and tactics used by other clubs.

geelong win more hard ball gets than any other side and control the footy and have more possesions than any other side ,do this and you will certainly get the most frees .plus geelong are more interested in what they do when they have the ball they dont obsess over their opposition.

other sides are obsessed with putting mass amount of pressure on geelong , sides no they cant compete with the cats unless they go the man and put lots of pressure on.Do this and you will always give more frees away

so next time you complain about geelong getting to much frees have a think about it , if geelong were milking it the umpire department would of worked it out by now, if the umps were start struck the prolbem would been fixed

perhaps you should have a go at your players for not going in hard enough ?

Instead of all this Geelong are awesome dribbke, just state the simple answer. The team with most possession tends to get the most free kicks.

But Selwood does indeed stage for quite a few frees, throws the head back every time he gets a feather touch.

Instead of all this Geelong are awesome dribbke, just state the simple answer. The team with most possession tends to get the most free kicks.

But Selwood does indeed stage for quite a few frees, throws the head back every time he gets a feather touch.

When did he do this?

So now it has gone from Selwood bending down to initiate contact to throwing his head back.

It is lovely how saying something over and over suddenly makes it fact.

I find it funny that the team that has the second most frees a game has the most whingers when it comes to Geelong getting frees (Hawks supporters). Poor babies don't get that extra .2 frees a week.

Joel Selwood and Michael Doughty do it the best. Throw the head back when tackled around the body.

00012.jpg

I can see him throwing his head back in this, it is also defiantly around the waist.

Disgraceful.

00012.jpg

I can see him throwing his head back in this, it is also defiantly around the waist.

Disgraceful.

A photo.... doesn't really do your point justice. The umpiring yesterday for both teams were s**t. Not just the Kelly Holding the ball. There was a Hasleby one in the centre square which was clearly holding the ball but called play on, i think we got it back and went foward (can't remember if we scored or not)

Yesterday's game was one of the worst umpired game i have seen all year. Again for both teams not just Fremantle. Yes it hurts that our one was at a cruical time in the game (like 7mins to go and we were 6 points down on our HF/Wing area) But thats the game... You win some you lose some.

Geelong get more FF because they have more of the ball and go in a get the hard ball, pretty simple really.

A photo.... doesn't really do your point justice. The umpiring yesterday for both teams were s**t. Not just the Kelly Holding the ball. There was a Hasleby one in the centre square which was clearly holding the ball but called play on, i think we got it back and went foward (can't remember if we scored or not)

Yesterday's game was one of the worst umpired game i have seen all year. Again for both teams not just Fremantle. Yes it hurts that our one was at a cruical time in the game (like 7mins to go and we were 6 points down on our HF/Wing area) But thats the game... You win some you lose some.

Geelong get more FF because they have more of the ball and go in a get the hard ball, pretty simple really.

well said , makes too much sense for bf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back