Society/Culture Why has political discussion become an utter shambles?

Remove this Banner Ad

But aren't we discussing the expression of a phenotype by a genotype? We're not talking about a God making boys with penises and girls with vaginas... are we?
We're talking that each little step doesn't make you some type of special entity.

Then we are somewhat discussing a spectrum, and once again, why not allow a person to identify somewhat along that spectrum?
Why allow it?

Do we all need special labels?

Your post was neither factual nor benign.
The point is we don't want mentality fragile people in the military. If words make you want to kill yourself, perhaps you're not cut out for the military.

And it's a fact that the suicide rate amoung trans people is highter than the general population. Perfectly factual.

The point is we don't want mentality fragile people in the military. If words make you want to kill yourself, perhaps you're not cut out for the military.

And it's a fact that the suicide rate amoung trans people is highter than the general population. Perfectly factual.
Let's also not overlook the fact that the military isn't a place for social experimentation. Outside of that why would the military want to be stumping up for reassignment surgeries?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it definitely seems you are arguing from your feelings.
Mmmm, I've never seen, heard or read anyone argue that there is only 2 genders based on feelings. I must be a world's first.

Mmmm, I've never seen, heard or read anyone argue that there is only 2 genders based on feelings. I must be a world's first.

Say if I presented an argument as follows,

Trees leaves are green because the leaves contain chlorophyll

Now, I don't know much about you, but I can guarantee a conversation on the topic of green leaves, between us, would not be as controversial a subject as our discussion on gender.

Could it be that you have some feelings on the topic of gender? Some intrinsic values that you cannot reject? That you feel must somehow be correct?

I presented a relatively rational argument based on the expression of a genotype / the plasticity of a phenotype, why not consider it?

Our gender roles stem directly from our biology as a sexually dimorphic species (Male and Female). All other gender expressions are either fashion or mental illness.

Say if I presented an argument as follows,

Trees leaves are green because the leaves contain chlorophyll

Now, I don't know much about you, but I can guarantee a conversation on the topic of green leaves, between us, would not be as controversial a subject as our discussion on gender.

Could it be that you have some feelings on the topic of gender? Some intrinsic values that you cannot reject? That you feel must somehow be correct?

I presented a relatively rational argument based on the expression of a genotype / the plasticity of a phenotype, why not consider it?
My only "feeling" would be that i've yet to see any science that supports the "more than two genders" argument.

Our gender roles stem directly from our biology as a sexually dimorphic species (Male and Female). All other gender expressions are either fashion or mental illness.

Is this a feeling as well or is it an opinion based on science?

My only "feeling" would be that i've yet to see any science that supports the "more than two genders" argument.

Forgetting, once again, the senso stricto definition of gender, if I asked you what gender is, you might answer;

1) girls wear dresses and boys wear pants - but catholic priests wear dresses
2) girls have vaginas and boys have penises - but some people have lost their pecker
3) girls have two X chromosomes and boys have an X and Y chromosome - but some people have XXY
4) girls invest more energy in their gametes - but some people are born with ovaries that cannot produce eggs

In every case above there is an exception, it does not fall into a binary worldview, and this is why I believe I'm just arguing against your world view as opposed to the real world.

Forgetting, once again, the senso stricto definition of gender, if I asked you what gender is, you might answer;

1) girls wear dresses and boys wear pants - but catholic priests wear dresses
2) girls have vaginas and boys have penises - but some people have lost their pecker
3) girls have two X chromosomes and boys have an X and Y chromosome - but some people have XXY
4) girls invest more energy in their gametes - but some people are born with ovaries that cannot produce eggs

In every case above there is an exception, it does not fall into a binary worldview, and this is why I believe I'm just arguing against your world view as opposed to the real world.
1. Gender roles followed by religious robes (they're not dresses)
2. Medical issues not a separate gender
3. and some have XXX, XXXX, XXY or even XXXY. Chromosomal abnormalities not separate genders
4. again a medical issue and not a separate gender.

1. Gender roles followed by religious robes (they're not dresses)
2. Medical issues not a separate gender
3. and some have XXX, XXXX, XXY or even XXXY. Chromosomal abnormalities not separate genders
4. again a medical issue and not a separate gender.

Ah, but now you are arguing from gender purely being a social and cultural construct. Which means number 1) is where you are arguing from, here's a few scenarios,

1) young priest - when I grow up I want to wear a dress and not have sex, because a guy did the same thing years ago.
Society - there's a good lad

2) young person - when I grow up I want to wear a dress and not have sex because I feel this best expresses me as a person.
Society - Aaaaaah! My mind is now blown into a thousand bits! Go back to the USSR! I can't breathe, I'm dying! Aaaaaaah!

Ah, but now you are arguing from gender purely being a social and cultural construct. Which means number 1) is where you are arguing from, here's a few scenarios,

1) young priest - when I grow up I want to wear a dress and not have sex, because a guy did the same thing years ago.
Society - there's a good lad

2) young person - when I grow up I want to wear a dress and not have sex because I feel this best expresses me as a person.
Society - Aaaaaah! My mind is now blown into a thousand bits! Go back to the USSR! I can't breathe, I'm dying! Aaaaaaah!
No, I'm stating you used Gender roles (ie clothes each gender traditionally wears). I'm stating that gender isn't a social construct. I'm arguing it isn't a spectrum. I'm arguing chromosomal abnormalities are just that and not another gender.

Last edited:
Interesting that the political parties see the ABC as part of the problem.

Who would have guessed such a professional channel in the 80s could descend into such a divisive and manipulative organisation.
This is what happens when the current generation of politicians can't handle criticism and take a potshot at anyone who says they are wrong, ie the ABC.

This is what happens when the current generation of politicians can't handle criticism and take a potshot at anyone who says they are wrong, ie the ABC.

Interesting view as the criticism is of the ABC

No rational person can suggest the ABC doesn't run its own agenda on policy.

Dick Smith comments on the ABC are hard to dispute.

What kind of bullshit is this?.....Haven't you ever heard of Hermaphrodism?

Many people are born with an admixture of both male & female genitalia & internal sex organs.

Even among men & women the levels of estrogen & testosterone can differ markedly, affecting their ability for sexual reproduction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back